frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I don't see how you could play Kansas City in the World Series. Giants are the play

Kansas City is just like those other upstart teams that flamed out in the World Series against a more experienced club.

Colorado in 2007 is probably the best example.
    Tampa Bay in 2008.
    Texas in 2010.

All 3 teams were postseason newcomers(hardly any postseason experience on the roster) and made surprise runs to the World Series and then lost pretty handily in the WS. Kansas City fits the mold. Take SF as they have been here before.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Kansas City is just like those other upstart teams that flamed out in the World Series against a more experienced club.

Colorado in 2007 is probably the best example.
    Tampa Bay in 2008.
    Texas in 2010.

All 3 teams were postseason newcomers(hardly any postseason experience on the roster) and made surprise runs to the World Series and then lost pretty handily in the WS. Kansas City fits the mold. Take SF as they have been here before.
    Maybe.

Maybe not.

And Florida, Boston and Chicago were winning upstarts '03-05.

I like the Giants too, but don't overstate the case.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

KC is the 1990 Reds all over again.
    There's a reason why KC the opening line favorite.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

The last 6 series were won by the underdog so kc being the favorite means nothing and they are slight betting favorite because they have homefield.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

I said the same thing about KC and the Angels. Then I said the same thing about KC and Baltimore.

Uh uh, I ain't going there again. KC in six.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Giants pitching is not good enough

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

KC wins...team of destiny.
    Still underrated.
    And now that everyone on sbr is on Giants, KC looks mighty dang good!

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

No way the Giants can beat the Royals 4 times. That won't be happening.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Giants pitching is not good enough
    Giants got some horses, don't underestimate their staff.
    KC still wins though

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    No way the Giants can beat the Royals 4 times. That won't be happening.
    No way the Royals could beat Angels three times either.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    KC wins...team of destiny.
    Still underrated.
    And now that everyone on sbr is on Giants, KC looks mighty dang good!
    THAT SUMS IT UP FOR ME AS WELL.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    No way the Royals could beat Angels three times either.
    Who said that? Royals were always better than the Angels. KC is the best all around team. They have the best contact hitters, the best bullpen, the best home crowd, the best overall 1-9 hitting lineup, and the best defense. The only thing San Fran has better is a better ace. Take out Bum and San Fran has nothing going for them in this series.

stevenash

Who said that? Royals were always better than the Angels. KC is the best all around team. They have the best contact hitters, the best bullpen, the best home crowd, the best overall 1-9 hitting lineup, and the best defense. The only thing San Fran has better is a better ace. Take out Bum and San Fran has nothing going for them in this series.
    I was making a point.
    Never mind.
    I was actually backing you up.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Giants got some horses, don't underestimate their staff.
    KC still wins though

i dont like there staff. bum is good but they were allowing homers to st louis. royals should slap them around.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

You don't see how?! Maybe because they can't fukkin lose right now. They just rolled through a couple of very good baseball teams!! Not to mention the fact that, as Goat said, they may be better top to bottom outside of the Bumgarner > Everyone factor.

stevenash

Here's the thing a lot of people don't get.

KC wins because KC does things and has things other teams can not counter.
    You can not counter (or defend) speed.
    Only thing you can do with disruptive speed on offense is hope your pitching keeps them off the bases.
    Posey is not Johnny Bench, so it will be business as usual with the Royals when they get on, Posey ain't gunning out many would be base stealers. (Bummy has good move to first though, that'll help).

You also can not counter a defense that has arguably 5 gold glovers. (Perez, Hosmer, Cain, Dyson, Gordon, and you can make a case for Escobar)
    Here's how you counter gold glove defense that makes every play in the outfield, and makes no mistakes in the infield.
    You hit it out of the park. But how many Giants have hit them out of the park power?
    Belt, Posey, and Panda, and Pence can hit them every now and then.

See, you can counter a team full of dead pull hitters with a shift.
    You can't counter what KC does well.
    And what about the lights out trinity that is Herrera, and Davis and Holland.
    If anyone of the HDH combo falters, Yost can go to another.

Now, having said all that, KC can lose the series, nothing is a lock, but to fade KC right now is risky business.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Here's the thing a lot of people don't get.

KC wins because KC does things and has things other teams can not counter.
    You can not counter (or defend) speed.
    Only thing you can do with disruptive speed on offense is hope your pitching keeps them off the bases.
    Posey is not Johnny Bench, so it will be business as usual with the Royals when they get on, Posey ain't gunning out many would be base stealers. (Bummy has good move to first though, that'll help).

You also can not counter a defense that has arguably 5 gold glovers. (Perez, Hosmer, Cain, Dyson, Gordon, and you can make a case for Escobar)
    Here's how you counter gold glove defense that makes every play in the outfield, and makes no mistakes in the infield.
    You hit it out of the park. But how many Giants have hit them out of the park power?
    Belt, Posey, and Panda, and Pence can hit them every now and then.

See, you can counter a team full of dead pull hitters with a shift.
    You can't counter what KC does well.
    And what about the lights out trinity that is Herrera, and Davis and Holland.
    If anyone of the HDH combo falters, Yost can go to another.

Now, having said all that, KC can lose the series, nothing is a lock, but to fade KC right now is risky business.
    This.

Well said, Nasher.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

You can never tell. each match up is different. That's what I love about the baseball playoffs. Maybe the Royals will run all day on the Giants, catch everything and their bullpen is shut down city. Maybe the Giants can hit homers against the Royals. Hunter Pence can carry a team if he gets hot, same with Panda or Posey. My feeling about great plays in the outfield is when the batter hits the ball just within your range, you look like a superstar. That doesn't always happen. I can't predict this series, but it will be fun to see which team's strengths and weaknesses match up better with the others.

Goat Milk

Giants have no shot to win this series. No chance they are winning 4 games against this royals team.

smitch124

Giants have no shot to win this series. No chance they are winning 4 games against this royals team.
    You know how many times that was said when the Giants faced the Tigers in 2012? I'm not saying you're wrong but I can't see how you can be so sure.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    You know how many times that was said when the Giants faced the Tigers in 2012? I'm not saying you're wrong but I can't see how you can be so sure.
    Well I'm from det and i live here and i knew that would be a tough series because giants were better on d and better when it came to playing small ball. Plus, tigers got cold at the worst time man. The tigers actually are probably one of the few teams that could beat the royals in a series IF they get hot because they have the best power hitters in baseball. you can't beat the royals playing small ball. you have to hit doubles and triples. and the giants are not capable of that. 1-9 the royals are just stacked. i mean when you look at their lineup, everyone is a threat. you can't say that about the giants. these guys hit ground balls like its their job. kc defense is too good for that.

i don't buy into oh sf has the experience. none of that shit matters. this team is just better all around. better pitching better hitting better defense more power they are even better at small ball if they decide to put that into the gameplan at some point. there's nothing the giants do that's better than kc.

i would be shocked if the giants won more than 2 games. seriously. if the royals can beat bumgarner (which will be the toughest task), i really think this series will be a sweep.

Edit - also, I fukkin hate baseball. 45 seconds in between pitches. kill me.

smitch124

Well I'm from det and i live here and i knew that would be a tough series because giants were better on d and better when it came to playing small ball. Plus, tigers got cold at the worst time man. The tigers actually are probably one of the few teams that could beat the royals in a series IF they get hot because they have the best power hitters in baseball. you can't beat the royals playing small ball. you have to hit doubles and triples. and the giants are not capable of that. 1-9 the royals are just stacked. i mean when you look at their lineup, everyone is a threat. you can't say that about the giants. these guys hit ground balls like its their job. kc defense is too good for that.

i don't buy into oh sf has the experience. none of that shit matters. this team is just better all around. better pitching better hitting better defense more power they are even better at small ball if they decide to put that into the gameplan at some point. there's nothing the giants do that's better than kc.

i would be shocked if the giants won more than 2 games. seriously. if the royals can beat bumgarner (which will be the toughest task), i really think this series will be a sweep.

Edit - also, I fukkin hate baseball. 45 seconds in between pitches. kill me.
    Ya well how many times have you heard during these playoffs, so and so only did this 2 times all season and he did it 5 times in 3 games in this series. It's a crap shot bro, but I do understand your logic. I'm a Giants' fan that thought they'd lose to the Pirates, Nats and Cards. I do think they will lose to the Royals too, but I always seem to be wrong

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Is it in the script?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

How about Arizona beating the poster team of mlb the Evil Empire? Or Florida winning twice there's a couple ugly mut teams and fairly new franchises to be contrarian to your argument.