bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phil Simms Fires Back At Young For Picking On His Son

i guess we will see a feud between these two superbowl QB's on TV for years to come.

DAD PHIL FIRES BACK AT YOUNG

By ANDREW MARCHAND
    November 22, 2005 -- An agitated Phil Simms responded directly to comments made on ESPN's Sunday pre-game show by Steve Young that seemed to question the mental toughness of Simms' son, Chris, who is now the starting quarterback for the Bucs.
    When asked about Young's comments, Simms, CBS' lead game analyst, said Young's assessment was "fantasy talk."

Simms questioned Young's TV work ethic by saying, "Well, Steve, follow football more than one day a week and you might know some of those answers."

After hearing Simms' response, Young left a message on Simms' cell phone, but did...

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wonder if Phil has any bias in this issue.

Like the soccer mom who can't understand why her son's not playing even though he's terrible.

Chris has had 2 good games. Let's hold off on the Hall of Fame, ok, Phil?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Unfortunately, I haven't seen Chris Simms play yet. I've kinda "piled on" with the Prissy Chrissy Simms slurs for whatever reason. I never really liked Phil Simms as an NFL QB. I'm still unsure about Phil Simms as a commentator. I agree that Phil Simms has to side with his son here, and who else can tear down an NFL hall of famer in the media?

I didn't see Young's comments. I am curious what exactly he said to provoke the elder Simms. Phil Simms doesn't seem the type to make flaming comments like that those written in the above article.

In general, Steve Young shouldn't be asked to comment about anything. Steve Young is an idiot with or without the concussion history. Steve Young was just one of those "right time, right place" QBs who made a career in Joe Montana's shadow. IMO, Steve Young couldn't have handled it worse. I understand the competitive nature of wanting to play, but pushing Joe Montana out of San Francisco ruined Young in my mind. Steve Young has to directly thank Barry Switzer and Jerry Jones for his only Super Bowl ring.