scoob1111
    scoob1111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Hedge bet advice for monday night

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a long time but never signed up until just now as I could use some advice.

For NFL I usually play teasers and generally do ok, but as it's already been mentioned teasers had an exceptionally good day today. I don't like to have too many bets out there hinging on one game, but I went against my better judgement and have a few large teasers awaiting the monday night game, where I have SEA at -0.5, including a 10 teamer. I feel good about the seahawks winning the game, but its the NFL and shit happens. All in all, original bets + winnings would be close to 6k if the hawks win. The skins sit at +280 to win right now, how much would you put on them?

I only ask because I've never had this much riding on one game and feel a little nervous about it. Thanks!

warbux
    warbux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

$2143 on skins for 6k

warbux

so you net 3,857

my math sucks so someone better double check for him.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Same boat for me... just with $300 winnings instead lol i'm hedging too.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

screw that let it ride..i mean if you must put maybe a g on skins. no way would i half it. you made it this far..

warbux

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    screw that let it ride..i mean if you must put maybe a g on skins. no way would i half it. you made it this far..
    i agree let it ride, seattle gonna toss the redskins salad tomorrow anyways.

scoob1111

Haha, thanks for the input. I was leaning on letting it ride, just because the skins looked sooo bad last week I can't imagine seattle losing. But the pats looked beyond pathetic last week and are dominating the bengals right now.

I may do something like 500 just to ease the pain if somehow the skins win.

simon2012
    simon2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2204

im in same boat have seahawks -6.5 for $2800...done $100 5 team parlay...gotta let it ride my friend

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

I wouldn't put money on the Dog but taking the points might make sense...who knows you might middle it and hit both.
    If you do think its important for you to hedge then I would split Washington ML and points so if they cover and lose then you still get paid the same amount you are winning now and if they win straight up then you'd make enough to cover your bet amount and some more.

scoob1111

Think I'm just gonna let it ride. If the skins win, it just wasn't meant to be. GL on that one simon, hopefully we get the week 4 cousins instead of week 3.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

SEA isn't a good road team and I've been burned betting road favorites more times than I can count on Monday nights. I'd say there's a 2:1 chance SEA wins outright so I'd probably hedge for 1/3. You're in a great position to hedge by using the ML if it's +280. For 1/3 you're only looking at about 700 to ensure at least a 2000 payday. 4000 if SEA wins.

SSSuperSergSSS
    SSSuperSergSSS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

idea 1-Mate its simple, you like the hawks and they should win but this is a funny game so I would say you should cover you stake plus double to ensure you don't lose. Don't let it ride, it will not feel much better to win by letting it ride with a possibility of losing. Cover your stake to make double so you at least win, if used 300 in your bets just play something to win you like 700. OR idea 2- if you aren't strapped for cash and want a free bet take 4k and put in on the reds ML for the big blow HAHAH great position to be in HAha suggest idea one though BOL

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    SEA isn't a good road team and I've been burned betting road favorites more times than I can count on Monday nights. I'd say there's a 2:1 chance SEA wins outright so I'd probably hedge for 1/3. You're in a great position to hedge by using the ML if it's +280. For 1/3 you're only looking at about 700 to ensure at least a 2000 payday. 4000 if SEA wins.

This. For sure, 100% this. If you can't see Russell Wilson getting a concussion on the opening drive and Seattle looking abysmal all game long with Tavaris Jackson or whichever gigantic downgrade they have waiting back there, you don't have enough of an imagination.

This is the NFL. Key players get injured every week. Teams look terrible and amazing one week to the next. Teams play worse after traveling 3000 miles and four time zones to play in a hostile environment. EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE gets up to play the reigning Super Bowl champs. Great teams often look past lesser teams. I could go on and on and on but you get the point. You have an opportunity to guarantee that you make money. Take that. Put a grand on Washington. You either win $2800 or you win $5000.

POOLSIDE

Oh and teams coming off a Thurday game have a huge advantage, both tactically and in regards to health.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Don't let it ride. Make sure you profit off this excellent wager you put together. Just my opinion as I'm a believer in hedging for profit especially when you're talking 6G or 0.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Oh and teams coming off a Thurday game have a huge advantage, both tactically and in regards to health.
    sea is off a bye homie.. no adv here..

like i said maybe put a g on skins ml or +7 if u want a chance at hitting all..no way would i split it. i guess it just depends on his financial situation tho, obviously if he needs the money he should hedge, my thing is no way could you have expected to have everything riding on this gm already so it not like money you were counting on, im a degen tho.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob1111 View Post
    Think I'm just gonna let it ride. If the skins win, it just wasn't meant to be. GL on that one simon, hopefully we get the week 4 cousins instead of week 3.
    It's once in a blue moon that crazy 10 teamers will hit and when you have a chance to hedge, you should. Even if it's for a small amount (compared to the amount that would be 'to win'), you should be safe and guarantee yourself a decent profit.

Don't be too greedy here. If nothing else, take the Skins for a couple hundred.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    It's once in a blue moon that crazy 10 teamers will hit and when you have a chance to hedge, you should. Even if it's for a small amount (compared to the amount that would be 'to win'), you should be safe and guarantee yourself a decent profit.

Don't be too greedy here. If nothing else, take the Skins for a couple hundred.
    i think a grand ok. id prob take +7 and try to hit it all (again im a degen), hell even 2 gs if he takes the points is ok with me, i just dont like the idea of playing skins ml and balancing my winnings. feel like you doing yourself a disservice but what do i know..

Celtics08
    Celtics08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3444

Take Seahawks -42 at +7000

scoob1111

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Although Seattle is coming off the bye, so I'm not sure how much of a tactical advantage that gives the skins.

edit: nvm i see this point was already made

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

Take Redskins + the points for about half .. It's a win wim and you might actually hit both

POOLSIDE

Yeah my fault Bank, forgot Seattle had a bye last week.

LEOLEO
    LEOLEO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2409

bodog BENDER

gives u a sick shot at both for 25%

Washington Redskins +7½
    +14½

Over 46 (-105) Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Just make it easy on yourself and just put 2 Grand on Redskins ML.. Either way it turns out tonight you are golden

scoob1111

Ended up just letting it ride, the hawks made me sweat a little with that offense though. Was really close to putting a bet on WAS at +7.5. As an added bonus, Wilson won me my fantasy league game tonight with 43 points. AND my cards just took the lead against LA. All in all a good day