SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Houston @ Dallas: Pick inside

Lay the 6.5 points. Dallas has won by double-digits twice this season when they were dogs and have put up big points thus far.

Dallas / -6.5

If you can get a first-half bet in at -3, take that as well.

I'll try to come up with another pick before Sunday, but this is the only one I really like so far.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

I'm on this play as well. Which doesn't mean much since I have made several bad picks lately. BOL!

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Anyone have the recent number on Dallas as a home favorite of more than three points? I could be wrong, but I remember it being not very good.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Lay the 6.5 points. Dallas has won by double-digits twice this season when they were dogs and have put up big points thus far.

Dallas / -6.5

If you can get a first-half bet in at -3, take that as well.

I'll try to come up with another pick before Sunday, but this is the only one I really like so far.
    that's the thing bout the cowboys tho, they tend to perform much better as dogs than they do as favs.. look at the history of these clowns, dog covers something stupid like 67% of all dal games going back some time..

i certainly have no interest in backing a hou team i like to fade due to their miserable qb and a defense that can be run on..i like the way dal playing, murry should run all over hou, the oline playing awesome, and for a change the play calling is actually good. just not sure i trust them enough to lay this many. prob a pass for me..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Anyone have the recent number on Dallas as a home favorite of more than three points? I could be wrong, but I remember it being not very good.
    overall the dog fares much better in cowboy gms no doubt..

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Since 2007 DAL is 19-27 as a home fav of 3+. It's about the same ratio messing with different date ranges.

To me, it's too many points. I don't know how DAL is getting this kind of love, they really aren't great despite the results.

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Since 2007 DAL is 19-27 as a home fav of 3+. It's about the same ratio messing with different date ranges.

To me, it's too many points. I don't know how DAL is getting this kind of love, they really aren't great despite the results.
    Both teams aren't great despite their results. Dallas had a slightly less easy schedule so far though and has at least looked fairly good while beating their crap opposition.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

You and Joe Public love this bet, and will regret it.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by zilchy View Post
    Both teams aren't great despite their results. Dallas had a slightly less easy schedule so far though and has at least looked fairly good while beating their crap opposition.
    If DAL is "slightly" better than HOU, the line should be DAL -3' and not DAL -6'.

kaijunn
    kaijunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1361

I'm from Houston and this is Houston's biggest game of the year. They would LOVE to beat Dallas on their turf in this Texas showdown and get all the bragging rights on who is the better team in Texas (because they can only do it every four years). I am sure Dallas fans feel the same way about Houston. We just don't like each other. Most of it because of the Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks in the playoffs years back and now Chandler Parsons (former Houston Rockets forward) got signed by the Dallas Mavericks this off-season. To make it even more interesting, Rockets then signed Jason Terry, (former Dallas Mavericks guard) after Dallas acquired Chandler Parsons to re-ignite the rivalry. This is more than a football game for these two teams and they do not want to let their city down this week.

With that being said, I'm going with Dallas Cowboys/Under. -6 is the right line to me. Dallas has the offense to put up points and Houston doesn't. Ryan Fitzpatrick is NOT GOOD, Arian Foster is a little banged up, and so is Andre Johnson. Dallas has the better running game and I think DeMarco Murray is going to enjoy the challenge on facing J.J. Watt, who has been outstanding this season. The defenses will show here and there, mostly for Dallas. I see a pick 6 from Fitzpatrick happening. I just can't see him doing well on the road in a hostile environment. Both teams are coming off wins so they feel pretty confident but we all know that the Cowboys came off a bigger win going against Drew Brees and the Saints. Also, Houston does have the tendency to lose against veteran QBs...

Dallas 30-13.
    Points Awarded:

Ebumdude gave kaijunn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

No way am I going to lay points with Dallas n Romo as fav....

larry040681
    larry040681's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3323

how bout over?

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Houston defense can force turnover. Romo had none last week, but that was against the Saints. Dallas has no home field advantage. This is Houston or pass for me.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by larry040681 View Post
    how bout over?
    47 feels too high,, think 23/24 be enough to get the W..guess i lean under but been screwed on few unders by turnovers lately and both these qb's a pick 6 waiting to happen..

pixster
    pixster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5629

HOU @ DAL = Ebola Bowl

SteveRyan

Im gonna put up one more play for this week.

Seattle @ Washington

As we know, the Hawks tend to be a shaky road team. In this spot however, I think we will see an opposite result. Cousins is not going to bounce back from last weeks failed attempt at being a QB. Look for a repeat performance against the Sea-Towns impressive defense. Two or three interceptions guaranteed. They may even sit Cousins and put in his back-up. Marshawn Lynch will get his in and so will Percy Harvin: Doug Baldwin too. We all know how these Monday night games typically play out, but the skins don't have the weapons to participate. If someone wants to explain how the Redskins stack up to the Seahawks I'm all ears. Even though I'm from Seattle (Call me a Homer), this spot spells a Seahawk blowout.

Seahawks -7

Aside from that, there's a few other games I'd love to watch this weekend.

Kansas City @ San Francisco.

How could you not want to watch this game? Alex Smith in his home town against the team who betrayed him. What's interesting however, is the new SF stadium. Smith has never played in this stadium, so it's not your typical "Coming home" situation. Who wouldn't love to watch Alex Smith pound the 49'ers in their new home stadium? Again, call me a homer (From the Sea-Land), but the thought of Smith taking revenge is just too sweet this time.

Ravens @ Colts

Two all-around decent teams square up to bring us what could be complete score fest. The total is 49 for a reason. The books dont even know what to do with this shiiit. Final score probably 42-35 Indy.

Arizona @ Denver

Who's impressed with Arizona this season? As a Hawk fan, it's hard for me to admit but DAMN!! These guys should give Denver a run for the money. Colorado backers prepare for the season upset.

Cincinnati @ New England

Just curious about this one. Will New England give us a typical Foxborough blowout against the Bengals, or is this truly Cincinnati's season? Who ever thought that the Pats would be a PICK in Foxborough against the Bengals? I've always like New England, but honestly I have to root for Cincin in this one.

Wish I could watch them all but I'm fishing at 5:30 in the morning for some Stripper Bass!!! Hope to bring home some fat pigs for my buddys BBQ next week.

BOL to all and to all a good Sunday.

Week 1:
    Arizona -1 / first half WON
    Baltimore -1 / first half WON
    Baltimore U44 WON

Week 2:
    Wash -3.5 / first half
    WON

Week 3:
    Carolina -2.5 / first half LOSS

Week 4:
    Green Bay -1 WON

Week 5:

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    If DAL is "slightly" better than HOU, the line should be DAL -3' and not DAL -6'.
    But where in that post did he say Dallas is slightly better than Houston? He said they had a slightly less easy schedule

SteveRyan

What a weird game in Washington tonight. Refs flagging Seattle to no end. A flag on three Harvin TD's. Unreal. And what's with Wilson suddenly running with the ball like RGIII? Their offensive coordinator must have caught onto this weakness in the Redskins D and prepared Wilson for it. It's like he was anticipating it. Did you notice no interceptions? No fumbles or turn overs? Maybe one fumble, but recovered by the same side. How the hell did that happen? Seattle could barely run the ball as well. They shut Lynch down. The only decent play he made was a pass completion for a TD!! What an odd game. Last minute FG to cover the spread. Nice.

I lost a little juice this weekend but still on the positive side.

Week 1:
    Arizona -1 / first half WON
    Baltimore -1 / first half WON
    Baltimore U44 WON

Week 2:
    Wash -3.5 / first half
    WON

Week 3:
    Carolina -2.5 / first half LOSS

Week 4:
    Green Bay -1 WON

Week 5: