rock1010
    wtf
    rock1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

NYG vs ATL this Sunday

The Falcons lost three OL in this game plus their safety William Moore. I'm guessing the line is gonna move big once the MRI's come out. Better jump on the G-Men quick!

rock1010
    wtf
    rock1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Falcons on road, gonna get fukked hard. G-men win big

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

As a Falcon fan I would say yes. Atlanta might have he worst defense in the league, especially against the run. Jennings should have a field day. Falcons only chance is to outscore Giants in high scoring affair...so I LIKE the OVER 50 here. The other issue for Giants is that Bad Eli is lurking somewhere. How does he perform after the bye?

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Eli didn't have a bye

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Eli didn't have a bye

Your right, I forgot they played last Thursday, so 11 days rest. Just noticed the Atlanta had 61% side and 96% money line bets here yet the spread went the other way. Started at NY -3...now NY -4.

Also, the Thursday night loser has come back to win the following week every game so far. Do the Redskins get it done?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    Your right, I forgot they played last Thursday, so 11 days rest. Just noticed the Atlanta had 61% side and 96% money line bets here yet the spread went the other way. Started at NY -3...now NY -4.

Also, the Thursday night loser has come back to win the following week every game so far. Do the Redskins get it done?
    fukk no.. be lucky if they cover..

2daBank

waiting for total to get pushed up to 51 or better and playing under in this 1.. gonna be tough for atl to get anything done down field with a serious lack of protection so think we see a short passing gm from them.. on other side yea atl's defense is trash, as you have mentioned tho the way to really exploit them is to pound the rock. we know caughlin loves to run, jennings should have a field day. guess i understand why ppl driving the total up cause it easy to see offense in this one, thing is it gonna be long sustained drives that account for most the scoring so while i think the offenses have success it will eat clock when they are doing so.. think we talking something in the ballpark of 27-20 gmen.

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    waiting for total to get pushed up to 51 or better and playing under in this 1.. gonna be tough for atl to get anything done down field with a serious lack of protection so think we see a short passing gm from them.. on other side yea atl's defense is trash, as you have mentioned tho the way to really exploit them is to pound the rock. we know caughlin loves to run, jennings should have a field day. guess i understand why ppl driving the total up cause it easy to see offense in this one, thing is it gonna be long sustained drives that account for most the scoring so while i think the offenses have success it will eat clock when they are doing so.. think we talking something in the ballpark of 27-20 gmen.
    I like the way your thinking but i dont put that much weight into the injured offensive linemen theory leading to short passes until I see it. Konz who was the starter much of last year at center will take over for Hawley and bring continuity. Knoz had a good camp, looks better than last year and isnt much of a drop off (Hawley wasnt great anyway). Holmes was platooning at right tackle with Carimi and Schraeder. He wasnt dominant at all but was given benefit of the doubt because Dimitroff spent a 3rd round pick on him 2 years ago. Carimi is a journey man but he is a Mike Tice guy from Chicago and IMHO better than Holmes...im happy about this. Blaylock is the real problem on the interior, however his status is questionable. Ryan still leads league in 20+ yard passes and I believe this will continue. 34-31 GMEN

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

I like the way your thinking but i dont put that much weight into the injured offensive linemen theory leading to short passes until I see it. Konz who was the starter much of last year at center will take over for Hawley and bring continuity. Knoz had a good camp, looks better than last year and isnt much of a drop off (Hawley wasnt great anyway). Holmes was platooning at right tackle with Carimi and Schraeder. He wasnt dominant at all but was given benefit of the doubt because Dimitroff spent a 3rd round pick on him 2 years ago. Carimi is a journey man but he is a Mike Tice guy from Chicago and IMHO better than Holmes...im happy about this. Blaylock is the real problem on the interior, however his status is questionable. Ryan still leads league in 20+ yard passes and I believe this will continue. 34-31 GMEN
    Yep, should be a shootout, any points is huge in these kinda of matchups...

2daBank

if they try to go down field there will be plenty of stalled drives after they pick ryan up off the turf.. gmen gonna pound the rock down their throats offensively, every scoring drive they have is gonna eat up half a qrtr.. 24-21 nyg

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Yep, should be a shootout, any points is huge in these kinda of matchups...
    points mean less and less if you think it will be high scoring. of coarse it not gonna be a shootout so maybe the points will help.

rockhardfister

if they try to go down field there will be plenty of stalled drives after they pick ryan up off the turf.. gmen gonna pound the rock down their throats offensively, every scoring drive they have is gonna eat up half a qrtr.. 24-21 nyg
    I may be leaning under now or no play. Blaylock has been ruled out, so Ryan will get tested with pressure up the middle. Harland Gunn, who played in three games in 2013 and started 2014 just got moved off the team's practice squad to start. This could lead to a lot of Steven Jackson / Antone Smith handoffs on 1st and 2nd down (Smitty Ball) to protect Ryan. Harry Douglas is out too.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

As a Falcon fan I would say yes. Atlanta might have he worst defense in the league, especially against the run. Jennings should have a field day. Falcons only chance is to outscore Giants in high scoring affair...so I LIKE the OVER 50 here. The other issue for Giants is that Bad Eli is lurking somewhere. How does he perform after the bye?

^^^that...I rarely cross 0 on a teaser but I so wanna close out a $500 with the Giants but the little devil on my shoulder reminds me that Eli is the QB...damn they've looked good and Atl is a f*cking mess

2daBank

I may be leaning under now or no play. Blaylock has been ruled out, so Ryan will get tested with pressure up the middle. Harland Gunn, who played in three games in 2013 and started 2014 just got moved off the team's practice squad to start. This could lead to a lot of Steven Jackson / Antone Smith handoffs on 1st and 2nd down (Smitty Ball) to protect Ryan. Harry Douglas is out too.
    one of the biggest factors for me is i really think falcons chances will be limited as gmen chew up clock with their ground gm..

zackchada
    zackchada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

So is o50 the safe play here?

Stringer Bell
    Stringer Bell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2015

2 cents from a Giants fan:

Giants have dismantled their last two opponents, as well as outplayed Arizona before coughing up the game on special teams. Jon Beason is back vs. the Falcons, anybody who watches the Giants knows just how big of an impact Beason makes as a director from the MLB spot. The Giants defense was great last year, and this year they have only improved with the better play across the board especially from Prince & JPP . The offense is light years more efficient than last year. The O-line is playing great keeping Eli clean, PFF just put out an article about LT Will Beatty playing like the CPOTY. And it shows, Eli has tons more confidence this year. In the entire season last year, you couldn't find 2 games where he was on the money like he has been this year, new offense (and Jennings/Donnell) is doing wonders. Now Odell is coming back, which will be another weapon in the offense (long-term) as well as the Giants' first explosive punt returner in decades. Really liking the Giants this year especially if they have a convincing win this weekend.

Think the Falcons are in a real bad spot plugging in 2 OL on an already banged up line thus far this season, and losing one of their best defensive players in Willy Mo is a killer. Like I said Giants have outplayed their last 3 opponents and have dominated the last two. This game in NY, and the Falcons defense already being the pushover that it is, really like the Giants just to dominate them on the field and grind the clock with Jennings and the short passing game that has been terrific and safe for Eli.

Personally this is probably the most confident I've felt about betting on the Giants in about 2 years, hence why I felt compelled to post on here. This matchup with the injuries and personnel, just don't see the Falcons coming on the road and winning in this spot, think they'll bounce back get a win at home vs. the Bears next week. But at the end of the day, it is still the NFL so who knows. That being said:

Gians 31, Falcons 17
    Last edited by Stringer Bell; 10-04-14 at 12:51 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zackchada

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by zackchada View Post
    So is o50 the safe play here?

Have you you read any of the posts?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell View Post
    2 cents from a Giants fan:

Giants have dismantled their last two opponents, as well as outplayed Arizona before coughing up the game on special teams. Jon Beason is back vs. the Falcons, anybody who watches the Giants knows just how big of an impact Beason makes as a director from the MLB spot. The Giants defense was great last year, and this year they have only improved with the better play across the board especially from Prince & JPP . The offense is light years more efficient than last year. The O-line is playing great keeping Eli clean, PFF just put out an article about LT Will Beatty playing like the CPOTY. And it shows, Eli has tons more confidence this year. In the entire season last year, you couldn't find 2 games where he was on the money like he has been this year, new offense (and Jennings/Donnell) is doing wonders. Now Odell is coming back, which will be another weapon in the offense (long-term) as well as the Giants' first explosive punt returner in decades. Really liking the Giants this year especially if they have a convincing win this weekend.

Think the Falcons are in a real bad spot plugging in 2 OL on an already banged up line thus far this season, and losing one of their best defensive players in Willy Mo is a killer. Like I said Giants have outplayed their last 3 opponents and have dominated the last two. This game in NY, and the Falcons defense already being the pushover that it is, really like the Giants just to dominate them on the field and grind the clock with Jennings and the short passing game that has been terrific and safe for Eli.

Personally this is probably the most confident I've felt about betting on the Giants in about 2 years, hence why I felt compelled to post on here. This matchup with the injuries and personnel, just don't see the Falcons coming on the road and winning in this spot, think they'll bounce back get a win at home vs. the Bears next week. But at the end of the day, it is still the NFL so who knows. That being said:

Gians 31, Falcons 17
    i agree with most that for sure (good post). gmen def a legit contender in the east. i still think the offense is gonna go through some ups and downs, which is expected. this week the run gm outta carry them through, i tend to think that falcons defense will play a little better this week as often happens in the nfl. ultimately atl's problems up front gonna end them in this one as i think nyg holds them bout where you have them, i have enough respect for falcons weapons across the board to say 20ish. figure gmen to be in the 24-27 range, they could certainly get the other score to make it 31 if the offense maintains the way it looked last couple weeks. i think it fair to say that the hou gm was a great spot for them then they faced a skins secondary that has serious issues, so not as if atl has to be world beaters to put up a better fight on that side than gmens last 2 opponents did. 24-20/27-20 about where i been with it all week so certainly have no problem with the gmen side, it might turn out better than the under.

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    ^^^that...I rarely cross 0 on a teaser but I so wanna close out a $500 with the Giants but the little devil on my shoulder reminds me that Eli is the QB...damn they've looked good and Atl is a f*cking mess
    You could tease Tampa to 17+. I think they beat NO straight up.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by rock1010 View Post
    The Falcons lost three OL in this game plus their safety William Moore. I'm guessing the line is gonna move big once the MRI's come out. Better jump on the G-Men quick!
    lets not forget how bad the NY Giants O-Line and defense is.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

public is all over Giants ML and ATS
    Last edited by Big Bear; 10-05-14 at 08:27 AM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    giants defense is not bad..where you even come up with this shit? they always have a pass rush and the secondary is markedly improved from last season..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

giants defense is not bad..where you even come up with this shit? they always have a pass rush and the secondary is markedly improved from last season..
    watch and see. Matty Ice is nasty coming off a loss he will carve up that weak ass secondary with Julio Jones Roddy White and that dude they picked up from the Bears cant think of his name

2daBank

watch and see. Matty Ice is nasty coming off a loss he will carve up that weak ass secondary with Julio Jones Roddy White and that dude they picked up from the Bears cant think of his name
    sorry i even asked,, should have known better than to expect a intelligent answer.. my bad..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

check in after the game banker

thats why they play the game pal. We aint gotta share the same opinion i am just not sold on Eli Manning and that wrinky dink defense up in NYC

i have been on the Giants the last 2 weeks but i think Falcons win this game

2daBank

check in after the game banker

thats why they play the game pal. We aint gotta share the same opinion i am just not sold on Eli Manning and that wrinky dink defense up in NYC

i have been on the Giants the last 2 weeks but i think Falcons win this game
    i dont care who wins. all i care bout is it staying under i dont think eli goes nuts at all today, jennings prob will but that doesnt mean atl cant win. they not gonna light up the scoreboard tho so the d better show some pride which i think they will after being embarrassed last week..

difference of opinion is great you just didnt give me 1!! all i asked was what makes you say gmen defense is shit? your answer was "watch and see", no offense but that aint worth a damn..

Stringer Bell

I echo what 2dabank said, where the hell you come up with this shit? Couldn't be more wrong, Giants defense hasn't been bad in a couple years and the O-line is playing as one of the top O-lines in the league this year (per PFF).

rockhardfister

Where did you get that? scoresandodds.com - then click on vegas odds. They had Falcons/Falcons.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell View Post
    I echo what 2dabank said, where the hell you come up with this shit? Couldn't be more wrong, Giants defense hasn't been bad in a couple years and the O-line is playing as one of the top O-lines in the league this year (per PFF).
    remember the Lions torching that secondary on MNF

today will feel like de ja vuu

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Where did you get that? scoresandodds.com - then click on vegas odds. They had Falcons/Falcons.
    vegasinsider.com

Stringer Bell

That sounds like the only thing you do remember.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Matty Ice can't play outside his cushy dome, cold weather in NY. Giants playing better, Falcons will shrivel up

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

public is close to being split...58% on Giants (vegasinsider)
    47% on Giants (covers)

Stringer Bell

Remember the last time Matty Ice came to NY? The Falcons put up 2 points in a playoff game.

LOL @ the Giants having a bad o-line too. 6 sacks in 4 games and have the #3 rusher in the league with 341 yards, but yeah ok the o-line is ass.

2daBank

that a dangerous gm to play..this a week to week league what happened week 1 doesnt mean jack shit, i thought you knew this? i mean i can play that gm too even tho i prefer not to. watch this, i remember vikings waxing falcons last week with backup rbs and a rookie qb making his 1st start! i also remember gmen shutting down what i consider a good skins offense last week. like i said none of that means shit just saying it means as much if not more than your statement.. lets not forget that the offense didnt give the d a fighting chance in week 1, dont expect that today as matty ice will be watching 60% of this game from the sideline, limited chances and a patchwork oline doesnt make for tons of scoring.. atl might win but it gonna take a strong effort from their defense, they have to force fgs out of gmen in the red zone which can be done. falcons hold a pretty big adv in red zone efficiency, that gonna have to hold true for them to win today as i think gmen will have 1 or 2 more red zone chances, gonna be a matter of cashing them in as falcons seem to punch in nearly all of theirs this season.

12 Last