Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    just watch the jim brown documentary if you haven't. never missed a down in his 9 year career. yes he ran over inferior defensive players, but no one else did it like he did. no, he didn't win a championship (not even marginally important if you do or don't) but dominated like no other. OJ ended up running for the sidelines most of his career like that fraud franco harris. sayers was close but injuries took their toll. emmit smith benefited from superior offensive line. sanders was decent but not in browns class.
    Brown and the rest of the Cleveland running backs of that era also benefited from a superior offensive line. They all averaged well over 5 yards per carry.

Barry Sanders had an average offensive line at best.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    This was in response to your post. The other part, asked and answered. Relax.
    Let me help you out. Kermit seems the guy you meant to be talking to, not me. Maybe you need a drink.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The main reason I give Sanders a edge over Jim Brown is because Sanders did it without really having a team around him, from the line to the coaches to the quarterbacks. He was the main offensive threat and the only one the other team had to stop and they couldn't.

When Brown retired another running back seemed to easily take over right where Brown left off producing almost identical numbers(TD's actually increased). The same can't be said for the Lions after Sanders retired.

jcygts6
    Scared $$ Dont make $$
    jcygts6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

oj simpson

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Touchdown Tommy Vardell

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    If you needed one RB for one game, and that RB was 100% healthy, in his prime, top of game, etc etc etc... If you are talkin strength, speed, agility, instincts, Bo Jackson is your choice, and its not even close. If he would have only played football and stayed 100% healthy for 10 years, this thread wouldn't exist...
    Thread Over

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

In my opinion Barry Sanders. And also Tomlinson, he could do it all, run, catch, pass, score. He was like a much better version of Lesean Mccoy

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Tomlinson had 28 rushing tds in a year, 3 catching, and 2 passing. 33 total tds in one year for a running back. incredible. On top of that, he never once had a great wr in their prime. best player he ever played with on offense was antonio gates.

ajt6
    ajt6's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rod "He Hate Me" Smart

First 1234