mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Why do the books like Vikings so much this week?

I just don't see it.......Teddy Bridgewater is not going to beat the Falcons in his first start, not for nothing, it'd be one thing if they had Adrian Peterson, but this team is just not that good.......

Thoughts? Before I lay it in on the Birds? Other than them being squares?

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Vikings win big in this spot a lot of the time. Big.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

If you don't see why....you shouldn't be betting. The fact you like Atlanta here without any sort of legitimate reason is just about factual proof you're a losing player.

Atlanta is on the road here. And they're not playing the bucs. Huge difference pal. This game probably won't be close.

oh and btw, just another tip for you that'll maybe help you get it: the falcons aren't better than the bucs. Let that sink in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikeya2k

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

The falcons are better then the bucs and the Vikings
    they aren't great away, but the weather isn't to bad outside yet to ruin the passing game..

27-17 falcons

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post

oh and btw, just another tip for you that'll maybe help you get it: the falcons aren't better than the bucs. Let that sink in.
    Atlanta has a much better offense, solid defense and much better special teams squad than Tampa. I guess if you take those out of the equation you might be right.

As as for this week Atlanta should roll Minnesota easily.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

If you don't see why....you shouldn't be betting. The fact you like Atlanta here without any sort of legitimate reason is just about factual proof you're a losing player.

Atlanta is on the road here. And they're not playing the bucs. Huge difference pal. This game probably won't be close.

Lol.

Lot of sass in that answer leading up to the dumbest statement in the history of SBR forums.
    Points Awarded:

Eddy Munny gave mikeya2k 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Falcons played the Bengals on the road, who I have as my number 2 team right now in the NFL, and also number 2 in home field. The Falcons have looked very solid in these games, and Matt Ryan is not going to throw 3 INTs against the Vikings. I think they get an easy win on the road here against a very inferior team, and any thinking outside those lines just doesn't make sense. They aren't a great road team historically, but I look at the Falcons Vs. Vikings matchup and I see a team that is just way outmatched.........

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

you not only a losing player but just a loser in general so maybe take a peak in the mirror (i know it hard and depressing for you) before you go throwing stones..oh and thanx for pointing out to everyone how stupid and clueless you are once again with that last asinine statement, a bucs team that has been carved up by a 2nd and 3rd stringer, that was 7 point dogs (by definition making them not as good as atl dipshit), got embarrassed by the only 1st string qb they have seen, and arnt as good as minny either. as much as everyone on the board would love to see you hang yourself this shit is priceless getting to laugh at you..
    Last edited by 2daBank; 09-24-14 at 12:02 AM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    Falcons played the Bengals on the road, who I have as my number 2 team right now in the NFL, and also number 2 in home field. The Falcons have looked very solid in these games, and Matt Ryan is not going to throw 3 INTs against the Vikings. I think they get an easy win on the road here against a very inferior team, and any thinking outside those lines just doesn't make sense. They aren't a great road team historically, but I look at the Falcons Vs. Vikings matchup and I see a team that is just way outmatched.........
    vikings defense has preformed a lot better than it seems anyone wants to give them credit for.. doesnt make much sense thinking along the lines that atl is this great team that just rolls into other teams outdoor stadiums and cruises either. dont have to believe me but the line says as much. bridgewater a big upgrade over cassel, nobody on atl can handle patterson, the home team has the better defense by a wide margin. it aint gonna be a cakewalk. they hung within a score of the aints for most the gm in the big easy so i wouldnt be so fast to dismiss them.. after last week id be real wary of this gm, really no interest in touching it for me, hope matty ice proves to me i can trust him on the road on my fantasy team but i have my doubts.. anyways gl..

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Banker said it all. New Orleans, at home in a must win game, was up 13-9 until about twelve minutes left. Let that sink in. The same team that put up 34 on the road in Atlanta can barely muster up 20 against this Minny d at home. Atlanta on the road is not Atlanta at home, not even close. And just because the Falcons shut down the lifeless Bucs doesn't mean they can play defense all of a sudden. Bridgewater will be getting first team snaps all week for the first time ever. He's got a lot to prove in front of the home crowd. Last game he was cold off the bench and was competitive.

We might have wrong team favored here. This is Vikings or nothing I'd imagine, but I'll stick to nothing unless I find any compelling reason to bet this game.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

I defiantly agree that the Vikes defense is a lot better than valued. But there offense is going to struggle and there is a LOT of pressure on Teddy here, They have no AP, no Rudolph......no run game in general, I just think Falcons have too much for them.

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

Minnesota's Defense is 11th in the NFL in Total Yards... 13th in the NFL in pass defense and 15th in rush Defense... That's not stellar defense... Going up against the #1 offense in the NFL... I don't care if Atlanta is home or not...Plus Minn is basically starting all backups at key offensive positions including a rookie QB making his first start... I could be totally wrong but I don't see Minn covering...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KSmooth4U View Post
    Minnesota's Defense is 11th in the NFL in Total Yards... 13th in the NFL in pass defense and 15th in rush Defense... That's not stellar defense... Going up against the #1 offense in the NFL... I don't care if Atlanta is home or not...Plus Minn is basically starting all backups at key offensive positions including a rookie QB making his first start... I could be totally wrong but I don't see Minn covering...
    i find those overall yardage numbers to be basically meaningless but to each is own..im certainly not saying atl cant or wont win and cover, hell they should. i really dont trust them to but most likely not a gm i bet..

mikeya2k
    penetrate

I look at it this way, the falcons are a different team this year than last. I do not even look at last years team.

They went into the Bengals, which to me, behind the Seahawks is the toughest play to get a win. And I also think the Bengals are one of the best teams in the league. That was a TOUGH test.

They have had a lot of extra time, which is very important for a team that has Steven Jackson , Roddy White, ailing O-line. I don't think Minnesota has enough playmakers on defense to win this game. If I hear Cordarelle Patterson name again, I will lose it. He will most likely get his anyway.....but are you guys forgetting the weapons the Falcons have?

I heard the same arguments against the Patriots in week 2 @minnesota......when it seemed that Patriots were a trap....besides having Teddy at the helm, what is there NOT to like about the Falcons?

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Falcons all day!

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Mr. Madison, what you've just said... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. May god have mercy on your soul.

Hey Nitny Lions Fan, are the Falcons better than the Saints? LOL

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

^^^^ couldn't agree more... Also everybody said the Cowboys -1 was a trap and they covered... Now it was a lot closer than I wanted it to be but my god they spotted them 21 points...