No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    books need the jets. u are with the books or the bears that is for sure by game-time. that does not mean anything other than that, anyone can win. i just know which side i'd rather my money be on.
    Exactly.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    sure but there is no way of telling which is a conglomeration of accumulated "public" money
    and which is whale bets unless you can screen dollar amounts and see where the big $ is on.
    which none of us can do.
    Like I said, the Jets have gone from -120 to -150 back down to -120 on the ML. The move from PK to -2.5 isn't really relevant.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Books don't "need" anything with this game. Books aren't going to get buried on a week 3 MNF game, and I doubt action is even heavy on one side compared to the other.

I think the Jets have the better overall team and Geno Smith doesn't get enough credit, but Jay Cutler and the Bears WR's should have a field day against NYJ's bad secondary. On the other hand, Jets should be able to run all over Chicago.

SignThisBeast
    SignThisBeast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

It seems like the books are begging you to bet the Bears.

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Books don't "need" anything with this game. Books aren't going to get buried on a week 3 MNF game, and I doubt action is even heavy on one side compared to the other.

I think the Jets have the better overall team and Geno Smith doesn't get enough credit, but Jay Cutler and the Bears WR's should have a field day against NYJ's bad secondary. On the other hand, Jets should be able to run all over Chicago.

so you like the over?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Like I said, the Jets have gone from -120 to -150 back down to -120 on the ML. The move from PK to -2.5 isn't really relevant.
    agree its not relevant which is why the reason of my post was to refute the notion that
    "the public is all over the Bears"
    the numbers posted by books are not necessarily representative
    of the public money either especially with NFL where most bets are made via locals.
    the consensus numbers on sites such as covers are only the consensus of cappers who
    spend time on these forums, not "the public". The only thing I know for sure is if there
    was enough public money on the Bears to mean anything the line would be pk and it isn't.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    The only thing I know for sure is if there
    was enough public money on the Bears to mean anything the line would be pk and it isn't.
    Well, with a current +100/-120 line at a lot of books, it basically is.

I doubt the majority of the $$$ is on the Bears either FWIW -- after all, they're playing a New York team in NY. I do think the public perception is the Bears are the better team, though, and I don't necessarily think that's the case.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post

Amen. Only thing I disagree with is Chicago having a field day on the Jets secondary.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Becareful constantly bashing black quarterbacks and black people in general, it wont end well for you
    I agree with this 100% .... come on JJ , you're better than that . Not cool .Bad Karma will get you every time saying stupid shit like that ... I'll bet a black QB rips your heart out this year for betting against him lol good luck

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I doubt the majority of the $$$ is on the Bears either FWIW -- after all, they're playing a New York team in NY. I do think the public perception is the Bears are the better team, though, and I don't necessarily think that's the case.
    true this line doesnt mean anything - and i couldn't care less who "the public" is on
    because we all know sharps lose as much as squares.
    i'm not willing to pick a winner except that the Bears will put up some points tonight

Jdizzle315
    Jdizzle315's Avatar Become A Pro!

So I did a teaser took bears +8 and under at 50 looks ok to me. I just can't back the jets.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Bears o-line is banged up, word is defensive guru Rex Ryan will be blitizing the house all night, so if the Bears don't pick up the blitz, that pretty much neutralizes the Bears speedy wide-outs, if the Bears do pick up the blitz, and Cutler gets time, game over.
    Remember, Matt Forte will be a factor, he's one of the best a) pass catching half backs, and b) one of the best pass blocking half backs.

Forte will be the key to the game, I expect him to get nine or so targets out of the backfield if the heat gets turned up, I expect Cutler to 'dump' it off Forte often, know this, Forte is very smart, and doesn't drop many balls.

I don't think Geno can beat the beat the Bears up top, but I think if the Jets win, it will be with Ivory and Johnson and the running backs.
    Bears are vulnerable to the run, like I said, their line is bruised.

Ask me the game line is correct, the total is a little high, and even though betting unders is risky business, the under is the way to go here.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdizzle315 View Post
    So I did a teaser took bears +8 and under at 50 looks ok to me. I just can't back the jets.
    I'm thinking completely the other way on this one.

It's definitely the Jets or pass

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    books need the jets. u are with the books or the bears that is for sure by game-time. that does not mean anything other than that, anyone can win. i just know which side i'd rather my money be on.
    this

Ktown
    Ktown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1497

Jets ml -113 ( pinny )

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

Best prop for tonight? (MNF)

theres is a bunch

anyone got a good lean?

im liking chi wins first half and loses game for +860

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by CDUBB_CW View Post
    Could be a trap game for the Bears here, having a game vs division rival Packers next week.
    Trap game???

There are about 3-4 teams, at most, that you can be relatively sure the Bears could visit on a Monday and win.

Jets not on that list.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I'll take the Bears here

Not sold on Gino
    I thought we were fading public on primetime?

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Seems like everyone on here is on the jets...and its a "trap",...hummmm..I'm on da bears

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Seems like everyone on here is on the jets...and its a "trap",...hummmm..I'm on da bears
    It's not a trap. Not sure who said that.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Bears are 1-0 ats playing away. Jets are 0-1 ats at home. The sun will set in the west. Jets are 1-0 when geno smith throws for exactly 221 yds. Hope this helps.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

tree422
    tree422's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I actually liked the jets going into today till I read this page everyone seems to like the bears
    my hole thought is jay cutler is still jay cutler o line is not good the jets front 7 are pretty good they should get to him,also the bears run d isn't what it used to be by any means the jets committee of backs should be able to move the ball and put Gino into more favorable situations....all that being said I think I just talked myself back into taking the jets gl tonight

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lang and twizzler on jets.

this is too easy.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

their is some sharp money on the Bears. The Bears should be a small favorite of around 3. But ,they are very banged up. Jets Secondary sucks and can't match up with Bears receivers so they need to pressure Cutler and they can expose the Bears D, even though Geno is a Turn over machine with no playmakers. Tough game but think Jets may be a small play for action only.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Jets are a decent team in decent shape and at home on Monday night. They're giving less than a FG to a team that isn't any better than them on paper. I'll take the team in the Jets spot every time.

And enough with the "smart money" (not here) and book collusion (not ever).

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Looks like Decker will play.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

My Polish home boy from UCONN

Dan the man!

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Like the jets also, taking 1st half, if I lose I will double up, I dont think they lose both halves ....... think better play is Under Forte Rushing 65 yards, Jets front 7 strong

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Whos seaweed on? Lol

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

can't decide who will ko cutler maybe coples

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818