newbiesRlucky24
    newbiesRlucky24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Week 3 Newbies Picks-Upsets Galore!

Goodluck to everyone this week 3.

First off , I have been a lurker for over 3 yrs Creepy aint it. I decided to finally take the time out and join this Band of Brothers.

I used Weeks 1-2 to observe. Im no Guru, but here are my picks!

Upsets:
    Denver over Seattle
    -Yes This newbie is crazy. Denver vs 12th man..(uhh ya, so what!!). Manning never forgets and forgives! Denver shutsdown the run, shuts up the 12th man comes out as winners!..

KC over Miami
    -Alex Smith and his FATT contract will be in deep (****) if he doesn't play well here. Andy Reid comes to the rescue like a daddy should. It helps also as JCharles is questionable. Either way KC wins.

Pitt over Panthers
    -Am I insane. YUPPERS!. Now dont get me wrong, Carolinas defense looks like they are juiced up But Big Ben, Bell, Brown (Killer B's) show up and teach Carolina they are a fluke!

I'll keep it easy on my Locks: 5dimes
    -Niners over Cards -2 1/2 : Harbaugh vs Divisional Rivals
    -Saints over Vikes -12: Lose again???..uhh no
    -Colts over Jags -7 1/2: Andrew Luck is the future I dont see him losing to Jags anytime soon,especially since whats his stanford bromance roomie is the jags RB. Oh ya Gerhart .

Thanks guys!..
    -NewbiesRLucky24

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

I was willing to pick Denver at Seattle but with the loss against SD I prefer to pass.

GL with your picks

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

if the kc gm comes down to alex smith and not them dominating on the ground you will be in trouble cause that phins pass rush will chew up the oline,, seems unlikely charles will go to me but i hvnt followed closely and the good news is davis is more than serviceable..no interest form me on that gm or the donks, i understand liking donks even tho revenge has nothing to do with it for me, i do think donks are pretty much improved across the board where i think sea maybe isnt quite as good , more likely bout same with defense being little worse and offense potentially better,, still i generally live by if i wanna go against seachickens at home i pass unless we talking bout a significant number of points and think if i had to play donks id be much more willing to take those points..gl on both tho as only play im considering in either of those gms is under in sea..

far as pit i just dont see that 1 at all,, panthers are simply in another class imo. huge disparity in defenses here and think panthers will have much more success on the ground no matter who running it against that weak pit run d.. interesting nugget about panthers at BkofAma stadium, they have not trailed at the half in a gm there since week 10 of 2012 and have only allowed 1 1sr half td in the last 9.. i like panthers 1st half, i think if you like pit you wait till half then get them at hopefully a better number..

i think there a lot of better doggies with good chances of pulling upsets this week but not as if i like the favs in 2 out of your 3.
    welcome to the board and gl this weeked..

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Saints -12 a lock?!?!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Saints -12 a lock?!?!
    hardly,, i wouldnt be surprised in the least if they do wax the viks but playing dd favs never a lock and the percentages say as much, in fact far more likely not to cover historically..

newbiesRlucky24

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Saints -12 a lock?!?!

Yup, keep in mind, still a newbie here

Love Brees in these situations. Last Sec FG by Cleveland. He will make sure wont happen again. Also Colston fumbling in the Clev game. I know he hasent forgot about that!

newbiesRlucky24

Quote Originally Posted by newbiesRlucky24 View Post
    Goodluck to everyone this week 3.

First off , I have been a lurker for over 3 yrs Creepy aint it. I decided to finally take the time out and join this Band of Brothers.

I used Weeks 1-2 to observe. Im no Guru, but here are my picks!

Upsets:
    Denver over Seattle
    -Yes This newbie is crazy. Denver vs 12th man..(uhh ya, so what!!). Manning never forgets and forgives! Denver shutsdown the run, shuts up the 12th man comes out as winners!..

KC over Miami
    -Alex Smith and his FATT contract will be in deep (****) if he doesn't play well here. Andy Reid comes to the rescue like a daddy should. It helps also as JCharles is questionable. Either way KC wins.

Pitt over Panthers
    -Am I insane. YUPPERS!. Now dont get me wrong, Carolinas defense looks like they are juiced up But Big Ben, Bell, Brown (Killer B's) show up and teach Carolina they are a fluke!

I'll keep it easy on my Locks: 5dimes
    -Niners over Cards -2 1/2 : Harbaugh vs Divisional Rivals
    -Saints over Vikes -12: Lose again???..uhh no
    -Colts over Jags -7 1/2: Andrew Luck is the future I dont see him losing to Jags anytime soon,especially since whats his stanford bromance roomie is the jags RB. Oh ya Gerhart .

Thanks guys!..
    -NewbiesRLucky24

Well what can I say, didn't finish off to what I expected but my Upsets came very close.

I finished 3-3 (Yes a Tie, thank you saints for the 20-9 FLOP..Grrrrr :\)

I learned I should be putting the unit next to my picks..Yes still a newbie.

This weeks picks. 5Dimes

Upsets
    -KC beats NE
    KC somehow manages to work together with a depleted defense. JCharles comes back with a vengence!.
    I got this early at KC +4 (not moneyline crazy yet, but it's coming) $105

My Picks

Atl -3 $105
    -I am really not comfortable with this pick, this line should be at -8 with the thrashing vs TB. But I am going with the crowd and ATL. Oh please win!!

-Pitt -8 $105
    -Pitt at home and new defensive scheme. TB gets Martin back but lose QB. Glennon comes in with confidence but gets thrashed.

Jags +14 $105
    - The Bortles era is finally here, dont get me wrong he is ok and needs work but Im here just to take the points.

Baltimore -1 $105
    -Oh yeah..My man Steve Smith!! I see a emotional game from him, which means he will do 4 catches 50 yards 1 TD. I still see Balt Defense making Cam run for his life.

Goodluck this week!

Cheers