jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Cerrato out in DC. Bruce Allen in. Gruden likell to follow

Vinny Cerato retired as VP and defacto GM of the Redskins this morning. Washington wasted no time announcing Bruce Allen as the new GM. Allen was GM of Tampa from '04-'08. Rumors are that Gruden will probably be the coach in DC next season.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/...ng-in-dc-area/

kleetus
    kleetus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man I feel sorry for Gruden if he takes it. That team is in deep trouble as far as bad contracts and lack of depth.

jellobiafra

Bad contracts might not matter if the NFL goes uncapped next year.

Besides, if there's one thing the Redskins are good at it is circumventing the salary cap. Every year people who don't know any better say the Redskins are in trouble with bad contracts, and every offseason they have enough flexibility to spend more than anybody else. I can't recall them ever having to cut a player due to cap implications. They really do have that part figured out (their "capologist" is a magician), and it gets frustrating as a fan to hear theses same comments every season. It's been 10 years now under Snyder. The Skins are great with the salary cap.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i thought gruden was staying in the booth? to bad if he goes actually the best mon night guy they have had in some time unusual to have a guy up there that really knows fb and only says really stupid shit on occasion

jellobiafra

Well, he did resign with ESPN. But it's been no secret that he wants to coach again. He's on;y 46. I'm sure he can get out of his contract and given his relationship with Allen and the rumors of his wife house shopping in NOVA.... it seems to fit. We'll see.