jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Minny Governor: Suspend Adrian Peterson..Major Sponsors Dropping Vikings..

MINNEAPOLIS -- The governor of Minnesota has joined the chorus of those calling for theMinnesota Vikings to suspend running back Adrian Peterson.
    Mark Dayton -- who spearheaded the legislative fight for the Vikings' new $1 billion stadium and stood next to team owner Zygi Wilf at the groundbreaking in November -- released a statement on Tuesday saying he believes the Vikings should take Peterson off the field until his child abuse case is resolved in Montgomery County, Texas.
    Peterson was indicted on one count of reckless or negligent injury to a child Friday, stemming from an incident earlier this year when he used a switch to discipline his son, and he will make his first appearance in court on Oct. 8. His case might not go to trial until next year, however, and the Vikings announced on Monday that Peterson will be allowed to play while his case is being decided.
    That move, Dayton said Tuesday, was a mistake.
    "It is an awful situation," he said in a statement provided to The Associated Press. "Yes, Mr. Peterson is entitled to due process and should be 'innocent until proven guilty.' However, he is a public figure; and his actions, as described, are a public embarrassment to the Vikings organization and the state of Minnesota. Whipping a child to the extent of visible wounds, as has been alleged, should not be tolerated in our state. Therefore, I believe the team should suspend Mr. Peterson, until the accusations of child abuse have been resolved by the criminal justice system.
    "However, I will not turn my back on the Vikings and their fans, as some have suggested. The Vikings belong to Minnesota -- and in Minnesota. This has been the team's only home, and our citizens, including myself, have been its most dedicated fans."
    Dayton's statements come the day after the Vikings announced that Peterson would practice this week and play Sunday against the New Orleans Saints. Shortly after the news conference the team held to announce that decision, the Radisson hotels chain -- whose logo was on a press banner behind Vikings general manager Rick Spielman as he discussed the decision -- announced it was suspending its sponsorship of the team.
    A television station in Houston has reported that Peterson faced a similar accusation regarding another son in 2013.

jjgold

This is going to get way bigger than Ray Rice

Peterson is a scumbag..Rice still had plenty of women supporters after video

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

AP. McCoy.

Every star player seems to be a real rukkin dikkhead.

Except Calvin Johnson.

jjgold

McCoy a loser too but in a different way

I would love to see somebody whip his ass in a fight

He is a wise guy

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Wilf is a clown and a criminal as well - see his troubles in New Jersey last year! The whole organization has been a disgrace for years - remember Minnetonka? No surprise they've made a mess of this. Peterson seems to get off on beating his kids. Blaming it on his upbringing is ridiculous! Time for the ViQueens to make the move to LA...

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nike pulled all the Peterson jerseys from their stores. Sponsors of the Nfl are pissed at how all these disgusting matters have been handled by Goodell and the owners.

rcene

Jon KrawczynskiVerified account‏<s>@</s>APkrawczynski<small class="time">1h
    </small>
    An eye-opening development: Nike stores in Twin Cities have pulled all Adrian Peterson merch from shelves. Nike.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

I just need to know if I should start him or sit him this weekend.

rcene

Budweiser is also pissed at the Nfl. Imagine if they pull their sponsorship? That would be the end of Goodell.

rcene

Budwesier official beer sponsor:

"We are disappointed and increasingly concerned by the recent incidents that have overshadowed this NFL season. We are not yet satisfied with the league's handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code. We have shared our concerns and expectations with the league."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nsor/15726217/

jjgold

Goody going to be gone as well as Peterson

This is snowballing out of control

Minny org making fools of themselves

rcene

Goodell is going to have to indefinitely suspend: Hardy, Peterson and McDonald. If he doesn't. He will be gone. The sponsors are going to leave.

Crossroads type of situation here.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Money talks...will force the owners to act against goodell if corporate threatens to haul ass.

saints7011
    saints7011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

good thing Im not a kid these days...

both my parents would be in prison for the whoopins I got...

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by rcene View Post
    Goodell is going to have to indefinitely suspend: Hardy, Peterson and McDonald. If he doesn't. He will be gone. The sponsors are going to leave.

Crossroads type of situation here.
    Yes his job is on the line

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Wonder if the gov of Minnesota would stop being the governor if he was accused of a crime until it was resolved? Probably not
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Wonder if the gov of Minnesota would stop being the governor if he was accused of a crime until it was resolved? Probably not
    Didn't stop Rick Perry. Good point.

jjgold

What hate Peterson is going to get

I bet right now he is trying to get another woman pregnant

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I use to get my ass kicked in by my mom when I was little. Iron hangers... belts... that's just the way it was back then. When you get older you realize why people do the things they do. Any parent can raise their children the way they want too. Getting your ass beat every single day is child abuse. Getting your ass kicked in when you do something that you were TOLD NOT TO DO... isn't abuse. Bunch of pusses in this world.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: saints7011

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think he went too far whipping the boy, but I think he's just dumb, not a child abuser. People referring to a switch as a "stick" probably isn't helping his cause.

Everybody needs to calm the fukk down.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

It's a good thing the Vikings aren't playing at home this weekend; they'd get a crowd of about 6.

jjgold

You do not have a right to physically hit your kids as you do not own him

Most kids are trash today and parents are to blame

rcene

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    It's a good thing the Vikings aren't playing at home this weekend; they'd get a crowd of about 6.
    Vikings are some lucky penetrates. They got the new stadium deal done before the shit hit the fan. Otherwise, you can bet that the owners would be more concerned about the court of public opinion.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You do not have a right to physically hit your kids as you do not own him

Most kids are trash today and parents are to blame
    Ya most of the kids these days are trash because theyre not disciplined enough.
    Parents dont give 2 shets about there kids and they let them do whatever they want.
    I see alot of kids these days with 0 respect towards ppl they feel like they deserve whatever the fawk they want.
    If i was a kid right now my Dad would probably beat me for asking for the new iphone.
    But i do agree AP is in the wrong he went way overboard and hopefully that animal learns from this.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I use to get my ass kicked in by my mom when I was little. Iron hangers... belts... that's just the way it was back then. When you get older you realize why people do the things they do. Any parent can raise their children the way they want too. Getting your ass beat every single day is child abuse. Getting your ass kicked in when you do something that you were TOLD NOT TO DO... isn't abuse. Bunch of pusses in this world.

seriously...i mean he prolly shouldve thought straight since he's a superstar and shit like this always comes out..but damn. i prolly couldve thrown my parents in jail for life if that is considered child abuse. then when the kid goes and shoot someone in the face when he's 18, we'll have the same people blaming the parents and saying how they shouldve kept their child in check.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    My mom beat me too. And often. But my 2 problems with Peterson's discipline methods:

1.) 4 year old child.

2.) Whipped bare-ass 15 to 20 times until opened wounds were visible and hit in the nutsack with a stick.

Spank a kid, don't torture them.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Nike is a joke. Kids in sweat shops made the fukkin jerseys. Let the fukk play. Let the courts do their jobs. FOH with this PC police whore shit. Murderers played for fukk sakes. Pussy as liberal half ass backwards society.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mw00

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Nike is a joke. Kids in sweat shops made the fukkin jerseys. Let the fukk play. Let the courts do their jobs. FOH with this PC police whore shit. Murderers played for fukk sakes. Pussy as liberal half ass backwards society.
    I've seen parents slap their kids across the face and slap their ass in public for fukking up or mouthing off and I have no problems with that. I do have an issue with holding a very small child down and repeatedly whipping them bare-ass with a weapon.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

you're making too much sense...of course people arent gonna talk about that since they're happy in their 200k house and driving their luxury cars...those kids dont count since they're 3rd world country.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I've seen parents slap their kids across the face and slap their ass in public for fukking up or mouthing off and I have no problems with that. I do have an issue with holding a very small child down and repeatedly whipping them bare-ass with a weapon.
    I got hit with spoons, combs, wiffle bats, hangers, belts, the nearest fukkin object. If I were to take pictures 10 min after there would be fukkin welts too. I turned out fine, I was a jerk off, I understand. I don't agree that a kid should be bludgeoned nor do I think the fukkin kid should have his balls hit. Why should it change the mans job until the courts sentence him?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

vikings just re-suspended him.

jjgold

Budweiser now thinking of pulling NFL sponsorship

The league is crumbling because of the ghetto guys

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Big difference between spanking and abuse I was spanked like most. Pretty obvious though this clown is not a REAL dad but just another dipshit going around contaminating our society by dropping his nut irresponsibly. Hell the last kid that died last year I believe he never even met wtf?!? Truly a huge problem in our society that goes largely overlooked. Any dipshit can father a child ....takes a man to raise one. Enjoy being broke in a few years A.P. Can someone explain to these idiots how much cheaper condoms are not only for themselves but society in long run.

jjgold

He sees the kids three days a year

All he does is beat him those three days

He should be killed by death penalty

No NFL team is going to go near this guy

12 Last