POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Jets @ Packers

Let's talk about this.

Seems like everyone is Packers or nothing. Haven't found any info on this game supporting the Jets, and basically the only thing I read from Packers backers is that the Packers need this and they'll blow out the lowly Jets. They very well may do just that, but I'd like to know more about why that could happen. My take is that eight is a lot of points.

Yes, the Packers are effective at Lambeau. Yes, Rodgers is by far the superior quarterback. Yes, the Packers have the more potent offense. With that said, the Jets aren't gonna roll over, at least I don't think so.

Granted, Geno's no world beater, but neither is Green Bay's defense. Jets d can be pretty stout however, and Green Bay didn't look all that threatening in week one. Take away the td they got as a result of a muffed punt return and they scored ten points, seven of which were in garbage time. Tough to gauge off of one game at the Clink though, not exactly the most accurate sample size.

Jets can absolutely win the turnover margin here, the question is can they score enough to stay within a touchdown. I'm leaving towards yes. Not enough to make a bet just yet, but it's Jets or nothing for me.

I see them pounding the run game, getting Geno into manageable third and shorts, and using a lot of the clock in general. Rex knows if he's gonna win this one, he has to shorten the game. Jets aren't winning a shootout with just about anyone, especially on the road. Eight points seems like a lot here. Thoughts?

TL;DR: I'm not convinced the Packers are as good as they're given credit for and I want to hear more opinions about this game.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i def think jets can and will have success on the ground and honestly i like geno more than most i think. i looked at this gm wanting to find reasons to play nyj but what concerns me most is 2 things, 1st off jets secondary has issues, carr wasnt spectacular but he had a solid day, unless they can get serious heat on rodgers early and often i worry he ends up completing 75% of his passes. that leads to issue #2 and that is while i like geno he has to get lot better in the red zone, seems like what i saw from him last week is the same as last season, good between the 20s then struggles where it counts. assuming rodgers has his way with the secondary geno simply cant afford to come away with fgs or nothing instead of tds when given the opportunity.. jets can play with them for sure but they gotta punch in their chances and they just havnt proven they can consistently. i think teasing pack is the best play in this gm, maybe jets cover maybe they dont but i dont think pack lose the home opener to them and fall to 0-2..

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

In my opinion, Jets will fall behind and be forced to throw. That patchwork secondary is not going to stop GB in Lambeau field and their offense is not going to be able keep up.

Jets lost 8 games last year. They lost by more than 8 points in 7 of them. Until proven otherwise I expect to see them same trend. So to me either Jets lose big or Jets win this game. Which is the most likely outcome? Nothing is guaranteed but what is MOST likely?

GB played the Seahawks @ Seattle last week. This team just held Denver to 8 points in the Superbowl... Of course they struggled. But are we really going to compare the Jets banged up defense to the Hawks?

My prediction:
    Nelson and Lacy all day. Green Bay 34-13

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Line just went down half a point. I show -7.5 now.

Interesting.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Bought the Pack to -6 -155 on monday, real large. Love the play. Don't see any reason Jets stay within a touchdown.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

For me, this game hinges on the status of Bulaga who is listed as "Q". If he can't go, Sherrod is worthless.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Jets lost 8 games last year. They lost by more than 8 points in 7 of them. Until proven otherwise I expect to see them same trend. So to me either Jets lose big or Jets win this game. Which is the most likely outcome? Nothing is guaranteed but what is MOST likely?
    Great stat, great point. This doesn't sound coincidental. You may have talked me off of this game. Another thing I'm remembering is that Geno went win/loss/win/loss for like, the entire first half of the season last year, if not more.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I'm on board with the Jets as well. I think they win a close one, but definitely staying within ATS (points).