WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

How do YOU manage your Bankroll?

The reason I ask is because I want to know if I am using a bad system, popular system, unique system, or if there is flaw in the way that I manage mine.

I start the season with a bankroll that I intend to last the entire regular season. The bankroll to me is the amount I am willing to invest into the season and can afford to lose all of it at the worst case scenario.

Let's say I want to invest $20k for my bankroll. This amount gets divided equally into 17 weeks. BTW, I am using a spreadsheet.

That leaves me with $1,176 to bet in Week 1.

After each week, the amount won or lost is added to the bankroll and recalculated. (New $ amount/16 weeks, and so forth) Obviously the more you win, the more you will can put into play the following weeks which to me makes sense, since you should know teams better as you get deeper into the season.

Example: Let's say after Week 1, I am up $500 after juice. $20,500 gets divided into 16 weeks. Week 2 I can play up to $1,280 - Even if I lost all $1,176 in Week 1, I still have $1176 to bet the following week since this is all budgeted out from the beginning.

The philosophy is simple, the more I win, the more I can put into play the following weeks. If I lose every single bet, I still am within budget to lay bets for the entire season.

Thoughts?

amrit
    amrit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1613

Does your method imply that if you always play the full amount in that week that you have to bet with. For instance, what if after 16 weeks you are at $30,000 ($10,000 profits), does your method imply you will be putting all $30,000 into play in week 17. I would obviously assume it doesn't, so how do you determine how much you will betting in the later weeks of the season, when there are less weeks to divide your bankroll into.

WWCD

Just because the amount is available means I put it into play. I limit the amount I can bet according to the bankroll management.

However, as you get to the later stages of the season you SHOULD be able to make good bets since you SHOULD know more about each team. That is why I like the system. It limits the bet size early and gives you more to play with as long as you are winning.

It discourages "All in" bets and trying to win your back your losses on one play. I never try to get it all back on a Sunday night or Monday night game, which I know a lot of people do.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

i just made same post. hope someone can help me. my roll is only $400

WWCD

For the entire season?? Sorry that's not much of a bankroll unless you are ok with a $25 bet each week.

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

You should know more as the weeks go by, but so do the odds makers. You have too steep of an increase in bets. It also sounds like you are forcing action.

WWCD

I understand what you are saying Keel44, but really this more about putting a limit on my action. I usually only max out in my weekly limits in the first few weeks. I try to bet less games at higher stakes as the season progresses.