RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    No longer relevant in most DV cases as the State will prosecute based on evidence and not whether the victim testifies or not. Takes away the fear of the victim or reluctance for the victim to testify based on love/fear/intimidation by the defendant. In this case you had video of the battery, which you rarely do. It was an open and shut case for felony domestic battery, most likely aggravated due to the extent of the injury sustained. This case was fukked up by multiple people. Obviously each state is different, but this seems to be the new way to do DV cases as the state cannot compel a wife to testify against her husband and the relationship aspect makes it difficult for women to testify against their abusers.
    Well yeah thats exactly why they married at that point in time

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Uhhhh.....what he's trying to explain is that it doesn't make 2 fukks whether she testifies against him or not. The state can absolutely prosecute him without needing her to do anything.

The old deal of a wife not being able to testify against her husband so he gets off is only for gangster movies. That doesn't mean shit anymore.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    That was most likely done with his attorney's advice. How this evidence is just now being leaked is baffling. Hard to believe this wasn't covered up at some point during due process.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Uhhhh.....what he's trying to explain is that it doesn't make 2 fukks whether she testifies against him or not. The state can absolutely prosecute him without needing her to do anything.

The old deal of a wife not being able to testify against her husband so he gets off is only for gangster movies. That doesn't mean shit anymore.
    I understood that, but not everyone knows that. Hence thats why they got married at the time. They can prosecute him...now, but not then.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    That was most likely done with his attorney's advice. How this evidence is just now being leaked is baffling. Hard to believe this wasn't covered up at some point during due process.
    Yeah I agree

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

With this video coming out it seems pretty obvious that this was a massive cover up between the NFL, Ravens, the Prosecutor's office, the Judge etc. All of these people failed and should be fired immediately....starting with the commish.

Should get very interesting over the next couple of days.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Blame on the commish the white guy

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

When will these guys learn that there are video cameras in the elevators???

Jay Z and company.

Fukk these guys.... Women beaters are the worst. Seriously... big buff dudes beatin up on women? C'mon now. Fukk em.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These guys are on fourth grade education levels that's why

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Kind of sad we live in a culture now that needs video to have enough proof to be disgusted by these types of actions. Seriously the first vid was not enough for most of these clowns just now coming out and displaying their anger? And you gotta love the double standards got a couple guys playing last week with same charges and Hardy was even found guilty by a judge!!!! And how many gonna tune in and watch Mayweather this weekend and get him paid? Remember he does not just fight dudes he's also a p#ssy who beats women. Ahh what a crazy world!

jjgold

I don't know how anyone can hit a woman or even yell at one

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I believe in 2nd chances and by all accounts we hear Rice is a genuine good guy. However 2 games was a joke! Now that he has a year off he needs to be active and get some help or go do some outreach. Go talk to women at battered shelters who have been victims, maybe visit a shelter find out if they need anything new beds etc and make it happen! Don't donate to charity or any organization that's lazy and most the $$ that's gets donated by the time it funnels thru very little actually goes to the cause. If the shelter needs something get it on your own and have it deliver, maybe help out a few single mothers get back on their ft and get them set up in a place with 1st year rent payed etc. He needs to be proactive here tho and mainly to help heal himself and get educated. Do your time Ray and spend your time off wisely and in a year come back I say.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah JJ it's a shame only cowards hit women. Last time I hit a girl it was my sister as a pretty young kid and boy did I pay the price from dad!! He led by ex as well and never layed a hand on my mom or came close. To be a real man it helps to be raised by one no doubt and sadly too many are not.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Too bad Ray can't go back to college. I'm sure Auburn would like to sign him.

jjgold

I say they let them back in the league next year

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    With this video coming out it seems pretty obvious that this was a massive cover up between the NFL, Ravens, the Prosecutor's office, the Judge etc. All of these people failed and should be fired immediately....starting with the commish.

Should get very interesting over the next couple of days.
    And TMZ is going to prove it today.

jjgold

Would love to see heat on NFL

Everyone hoping they go down

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I just hope goodell steps down, long time coming after how he did Kraft a favor with spygate. Of course, he did owe kraft a favor since it was him who got goodell the commish position.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

First 1234