Cleveland Browns +7 - two units

Cleveland Browns ML +260 - half unit

Baltimore Ravens -1 - one unit

Chicago Bears -7 - one unit

Tennessee Titans +3.5 - two units

Miami Dolphins +5 - one unit
    This would be bigger if I wasn't scared of Brady going off

Not a huge teaser guy but Browns/Bears might worth a shot

Might grab the New York Giants Monday night but I need to think about it more. Line is probably only going up anyway 😴

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Kind of a snooze today

+1.1 units ytd

POOLSIDE

WEEK TWO

Baltimore Ravens - two units

In order for this bet to not pay, Baltimore would have to lose back to back division home games, effectively ending their season in week two.

Public's perception of Pittsburgh week one is that they destroyed the Browns and took their foot off the gas in the second half. Truth is, Cleveland changed game plans at halftime, Steelers' defense has been somewhat exposed. Expect the Ravens to know why what worked for Cleveland did, and why what didn't work for Cleveland didn't.

POOLSIDE

Winner today. Ravens were +115 btw.

+3.4 units ytd
    Last edited by POOLSIDE; 09-12-14 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Forgot odds were +115

POOLSIDE

WEEK TWO

Carolina Panthers - one unit
    -3 (+105)

Buffalo Bills - two units
    pk (-115)

Cleveland Browns - one unit
    +7 (-115)

St. Louis Rams - half unit
    +6 (-115)

Oakland Raiders - one unit
    +3 (-115)

Indianapolis Colts - two units
    -3 (-115)

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Good luck, I like your Raiders pick - only one I've seen on them so far, trying to find reasons to pull the trigger myself.

POOLSIDE

WEEK TWO

Carolina Panthers -3
    Panthers defense is capable of slowing Detroit down. Detroit doesn't play well on the road anyway, plus this seems like yet another occasion where the Lions are taken too seriously. Im not buying that week one victory over the Giants. We've seen this before.

Buffalo Bills pk
    Dolphins are all of a sudden a top five team because they beat New England on a hot and humid September afternoon in Miami. Now they're gonna go into Buffalo and beat the team they lost 19-0 to in this same stadium last year when the game was essentially to lock in a playoff berth. The same team that beat them, in Miami, earlier in the year. Meanwhile the Bills' road victory in Chicago as more than touchdown underdogs was dumb luck. Uh huh, go on. Oh, Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller aren't going to run the ball down Miami's throat? This isn't a bad matchup for the Dolphins? Oh, okay.

Cleveland Browns -7
    New Orleans struggles on the road and I really think the Browns are undervalued, especially Hoyer. That second half in Pittsburgh last week was no fluke in my opinion. This team can play football. Saints have always been a little soft and I don't see them going into Cleveland and having their way. Think this one stays close and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Browns win here.

St. Louis Rams +6
    Overraction to last week is what I'm hoping for. This is less about the Rams and more about the Bucs. What business do they have as six point favorites over anyone. They looked like garbage last week at home against a hobbled Carolina team and I imagine that'll continue. Keeping it to a half unit though, the Rams looked that bad last week.

Oakland Raiders +3
    Houston, with fearless leader Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm, beat a pathetic Washington team for their first win in basically one whole year and now they're laying points on the road. Just doesn't sit right with me, and this bet is largely based on that. Aside from a punt block and a fluke 75 yard td pass, the Texans scored three points. Three. Against the Redskins.

Indianapolis Colts -3
    Andrew Luck is 10-0 ATS in games following a loss. I'm also just, not sold on Philly or Nick Foles.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinAir View Post
    Good luck, I like your Raiders pick - only one I've seen on them so far, trying to find reasons to pull the trigger myself.
    Thanks, you too.

As far as Oakland goes, in addition to what I mentioned above, I think they're feistier than people give them credit for. Carr looks to be a legitimate starting quarterback in the league. He's not there yet, by any means, but he looks comfortable and has made some great throws. Now that he's got a game under his belt, I expect a better performance from him than last week at the Jets. Plus he's getting mentored by Schaub, who should be able to provide at least some inside info about the Texans.

POOLSIDE

WEEK TWO
    +3.4 units (5-2 ATS)

2014 SEASON
    +6.5 units (9-5 ATS)

POOLSIDE

WEEK THREE

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - one unit
    +7 (-120)

I made a full 180 on this game. Atlanta initially seemed so easy to the point I was scared. Did some research and now I'm on Tampa. Bucs can run the ball, Falcons can't stop the run. McCown has faced one great and one very good defense so far. It's well documented that the Falcons don't have a sack yet this year. McCown will have time in the pocket for a change, and he's got talented guys to throw the ball to.

The Carolina loss doesn't look so bad after the Panthers trounced the Lions. Sure, that was at home and Cam was back but still the fact remains, Carolina can play some defense. The Rams loss doesn't scare me either, there are too many factors. This Tampa team has a new qb, new coach, new system. Things will start falling into place.

I know Atlanta can score. I know they're great at home. But they can't stop anyone. I feel like this game is 24-20 someone, 27-24 sounds good too.

POOLSIDE

Oops.

WEEK THREE
    -1.2 units (0-1 ATS)

2014 SEASON
    +5.3 units (9-6 ATS)

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

It was a toasty 107° poolside in Mesquite, NV, POOLSIDE. Love your thread and writeups, best of luck for rest of year.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by mitch51 View Post
    It was a toasty 107° poolside in Mesquite, NV, POOLSIDE. Love your thread and writeups, best of luck for rest of year.
    That's what I like to hear! Was in the low 100's last week here in LA, but too humid for my taste. Now it's back down to perfect lounging weather. Summer is almost over but at least we've got football.

I appreciate the compliments, although that Atlanta game last night was just a little off haha. Good luck to you as well! Is that your dog? Looks like a true gentleman (or a lady?).

FlyinAir
    SDQL

Was on the other side of that Falcons game, I read right through it personally.
    Don't doubt your capping though, looking forward to your week 3 picks
    Reporting poolside from Chicago, 75°
    Go packers!

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinAir View Post
    Was on the other side of that Falcons game, I read right through it personally.
    Don't doubt your capping though, looking forward to your week 3 picks
    Reporting poolside from Chicago, 75°
    Go packers!
    Is that before or after the wind chill haha. Packers looking like they might get a play from me this week. Sounds like we'll be on the same side of that one. Good luck to us!

mitch51

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    That's what I like to hear! Was in the low 100's last week here in LA, but too humid for my taste. Now it's back down to perfect lounging weather. Summer is almost over but at least we've got football.

I appreciate the compliments, although that Atlanta game last night was just a little off haha. Good luck to you as well! Is that your dog? Looks like a true gentleman (or a lady?).
    That's Jack. Five pounds of sheer fury. Thirteen years old, but still acts like a pup.

POOLSIDE

That's Jack. Five pounds of sheer fury. Thirteen years old, but still acts like a pup.
    I know all about it. I've got a nine year old rat terrier who attacks every big dog that comes up to her, including the coyote I chased off a few weeks ago haha.

POOLSIDE

WEEK THREE

San Diego Chargers - two units
    +1 (even)

Saint Louis Rams - one unit
    +3 (-140)

Cleveland Browns - two units
    +2 (-105)

Jacksonville Jaguars - one unit
    +7 (-105)

Seattle Seahawks - one unit
    -5 (-110)

Chicago Bears - three units
    +3 (-120)

POOLSIDE

WEEK THREE

San Diego Chargers +1
    A lot of talk about the Chargers blowing their load last week with that win over the champs. I don't think they did. At all. That was a terrible spot for Seattle, and the weather was perfect for home field advantage. Plus the thing no one is really talking about yet, the Chargers can play some defense this year. That game wasn't a fluke. Meanwhile, why isn't anyone mentioning the Bills blowing their load? Unexpected win at Chicago followed by a beat down of a division rival in the home opener. This is a letdown spot for them as well. Bills get out to an early lead maybe, but they can't get in the endzone. Five field goals last week against a worse defense than San Diego. Chargers will wake up at halftime (literally wake up, it'll be like 11am west coast time) and dominate the second half. If it's close at the half, Chargers second half is worth a look.

St. Louis Rams +3
    Still undervalued after that week one abomination. Third string qb looked solid last week, and has another week of first team reps. As usual, the Cowboys are publicly overrated. Rams defense is solid enough to force turnovers, it all comes down to whether they can contain the run.

Cleveland Browns +2
    This would have been bigger if I could have gotten +3. Like I've been saying, I'm a fan of this Browns team. Lucky for me, no one else is yet. I don't think the win over the Saints was a fluke. Plus the Ravens as a small road favorite has never been a long term winning proposition.

Jacksonville Jaguars +7
    This line says Indy -13 at home. I think that's too high, so this is a bet on principle.

Seattle Seahawks -5
    This would be a much larger bet if this were a playoff game, but Manning in the regular season scares me. Regardless, I'm a firm believer that the only way to beat Seattle in Seattle is to run the ball down their throats, eat the clock, shorten the game, hit them in the mouth, and generally out physical them. That's the recipe and Denver certainly does not have the ingredients.

Chicago Bears +3
    I'm not overthinking this one. I made that mistake Thursday night with Tampa. Chicago has too many weapons, the Jets secondary is a shell of its former self, the Jets can't score. Forget about Chicago, we're getting value from the overrated Jets. What have we really seen from them? An unimpressive win over the inept Raiders and an overrated loss to the Packers. Take out those early scores last week, and the Packers win in a landslide. It took a 21-3 lead to get Green Bay's attention, all downhill from there. It was like a small dog nipping at a pit bull. Cute for a little while until it becomes annoying.

FlyinAir
    SDQL

POOLSIDE

WEEK THREE
    +3.7 units (3-2 ATS)

2014 SEASON
    +10.2 units (12-7 ATS)

Pretty good week. Would have been a great week if Cleveland and St. Louis hang on. Rams up 21-0 and fall apart. Against Dallas. Ugh. Then Cleveland has a chip shot to ice it. Blocked. Ugh. Oh well, a winning week is a winning week.

FlyinAir
    SDQL

Booooooooooooooooooooom!!!!!!!

Bears
    Chargers
    Bold call on Seattle
    Even the balls to take the Browns
    +1.
    poolside

WEEK THREE
    +3.7 units (3-2-1 ATS)

mitch51

Jack said that the Bears were a nice dog. And he knows his dogs. Nice work, Poolside! Cooled down to only around 102° poolside in Mesquite, NV. Plenty of coyotes here, too. Jack doesn't like 'em.

POOLSIDE

Flyin and Mitch, thanks guys. Hopefully we can keep it going in week four. Until then, you know where I'll be.

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Jack said that the Bears were a nice dog. And he knows his dogs. Nice work, Poolside! Cooled down to only around 102° poolside in Mesquite, NV. Plenty of coyotes here, too. Jack doesn't like 'em.

Your dog Jack makes your picks?

mitch51

Quote Originally Posted by Ebumdude View Post
    Jack just picks the dogs. That's pretty much all we bet, though.

Ebumdude
    HTX

Jack just picks the dogs. That's pretty much all we bet, though.
    Ah, gotcha. Sorry. When you said that Jack didn't like coyotes, I thought you were referring to your dog. Lol

mitch51

Ah, gotcha. Sorry. When you said that Jack didn't like coyotes, I thought you were referring to your dog. Lol
    I was referring to Jack the dog, but now I'm getting confused.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

id be willing to bet the dog is better than half the ppl round this joint
    Points Awarded:

Ebumdude gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

Ebumdude
    HTX

I was referring to Jack the dog, but now I'm getting confused.

My mistake. I was 2 beers in when I read what you wrote. Now that I went back and reread everything, it makes sense to me now.

Thats awesome your dog makes underdog picks for you. Everyone has their own way of picking.

POOLSIDE

It takes one to know one, and Jack's a good dog

Ebumdude
    HTX

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    It takes one to know one, and Jack's a good dog