bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Olbermann to join the SNF team

I didn't really care for this guy when he was on sportscenter, and now I gotta watch him on the SNF telecast.

Olbermann to work football pre-game show for NBC

NEW YORK (AP) -- Keith Olbermann will return to sports for the first time in six years to join Cris Collinsworth as co-host of the pregame show for NBC's Sunday night NFL telecasts.

Olbermann, who currently hosts a prime-time newscast and opinion show called "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" on MSNBC, will join with host Bob Costas and analysts Jerome Bettis, Tiki Barber and Peter King on NBC's "Football Night in America."

An anchor for ESPN's SportsCenter from 1992-97, Olbermann last appeared on network television in 2001 as host of postseason baseball coverage for FOX. His job on the NBC show will be to narrate highlights and discuss NFL news and issues.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Great Yet another talking head in the booth to discuss anything and everything except the game on the field

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hell yes! Finally someone worth listening to will be on the mic. Now if only he and Collinsworth would do the games.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

This pregame is now officially a laughingstock. I won't watch one second with Tiki Barber anyways, but Olberman makes it odd chemistry. Fox and CBS must be dancing in the aisles.

The NBC pregame is worthless anyways. The late 4 p.m. games always run to 7:30 anyways, so fans watching the 8 p.m. game take a break for 30 minutes before kickoff at 8 p.m.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Can't possibly be worse than nfl network

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris View Post
    Can't possibly be worse than nfl network
    You got me there.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Does anyone actually watch the NBC pregame? What little I did catch was horrendous. Adding Olberman is pretty much a non-factor for me. I think NBC is still trying to shake things up and come up with something better. I don't think Olberman is that much worse than the other stiffs working the pregame show last season.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

i like Olberman...but Slacker is right....who actually watches those shows. Most time i am at my computer looking to bet before a game.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Or just taking a break from watching all day. I agree with the premise no one is watching anyways regardless of who they put out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    i like Olberman...but Slacker is right....who actually watches those shows. Most time i am at my computer looking to bet before a game.

cincy_1
    cincy_1's Avatar Become A Pro!

He should be pretty good.