strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Don't sleep on me man, this ain't a game...

Here's my write up on how the standings will look at the end of the season.

NFC
    #1 - New Orleans Saints 13-3 (best value here odds wise) - Explosive offense, top 5 D. Was already 11-5 last year but got f*cked getting matched up w/ Seattle in Div. round. Don't sleep on this squad.

#2 - San Francisco 49ers 12-4 - Will still have a top 5 D, Kaep will have much better numbers. Don't forget the WR depth chart for the first 11 games last season was (1-Anquan Boldin, 2-Quinton Patton - whos Quinton Patton?) Now he has Crabtree back at full strength, Boldin back, added Stevie Johnson in the mix to a now top ranked receiving core), and yes Kaep has been making 2nd reads in the pre season games

#3 - Packers 12-4 - Rodgers back, Matthews back, da D is back, white boy Nelson back, brotha Cobb is healthy - lets roll!!

#4 - Eagles 9-7 or 10-6 - This division is whack bro, no explanation.

#5 - Sea.... HAWKS!!! 10-6 - They got a hard schedule this year, the loss of Tate I think will be too much. But they'll still have the #1 D and Mr. Lynch so they will be in the mix.

#6 - Bears - 10-6 Jay Cutler, Forte, Marshall, they'll slip in just watch!

AFC
    #1 - Indianapolis Colts 13-3 - One of the easiest schedules on the board, don't talk to me about their D, Luck will go HAMMER with nicks, Hilton, and wayne. They play jags x2, titans x2, Texans x2, browns, giants, cowboys, skins. Only 3 of their opponents made playoffs.

#2 - Patriots 12-4 - New England will be New England. Mayo back, and Gronk back for the whole season hopefully should make things in Boston as standard as ever.

#3 - Broncos 11-5 - and that's even a stretch. They'll go 1-3 vs NFC West. Peyton will be good but not like last year.

#4 - Ravens 10-6 - Flacco will snap out of it and put some damn points on the board!

#5 - Bengals 10-6 - Dalton got his contract he's ready to show the world that he can exit the playoffs 1st round one. more. time!!

#6 - Chargers 9-7 - Tough one here since they play NFC west. I think they would hit 11 wins if they were playing any other division.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Nothing super surprising, except SF over SEA, most people seem to be burying SF already. How about Tate in DET?

strictlypaypal

SF started last season 1-2 and Seattle still had to win the last game of the season vs Rams to clinch the division. Everyone's panicking but fact is if you have a solid D and a running attack you're in it for the long haul. I just think losing Tate will be too much, Harvin and Baldwin are sitting atop of the depth chart and we can all agree its not probable Harvin stays healthy the whole season. SEA also has a tougher schedule than SF except for the fact SEA gets DEN at home while SF plays away but SEA still travels more miles and has their bye week too early.

Lions have one of the best teams in the league on paper, but goddamn Caldwell is a bum. I think he's worse than the previous coach. They can easily challenge GB and CHI for the division but I have 0 faith in Caldwell

slacker00

Caldwell took the Colts to the SB and won the SB with the Ravens as OC. The guy can coach.

strictlypaypal

true on the ravens part. but i felt like he rode peyton's coattail heavy on that superbowl run. i watched every colts game that season and he just reminded me of a current john fox, a little lost for the most part. once peyton was gone they go 2-14, understandable since Curtis painter is your QB but overall i don't like him. but yes Lions can and will def be in the mix but NFC is too heavy and i think the top 5 are set with Bears and Lions clawing at the 6 spot

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Your AFC looks solid. NFC has mostly right teams but SF is in trouble. I'm probably the biggest Niner homer around here but I see some regression coming. Kaep hasn't thrown a TD yet in 6 quarters played this preseason and even let that scrub Blaine Gabbert go in the books as Levis stadiums first TD pass. Not to mention our front 7 on the D has been blown up by injuries and we lost Whitner to the Browns. Dont be surprised if 10-6 last year Arizona takes the 49ers place this year. Also the only group to win a game in that crazy stadium up in Seattle.
    Last edited by SharpAngles; 08-27-14 at 03:33 PM.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Your AFC looks solid. NFC has mostly right teams but SF is in trouble. I'm probably the biggest Niner homer around here but I see some regression coming. Kaep hasn't thrown a TD yet in 6 quarters played this preseason and even let that scrub Blaine Gabbert go in the books as Levis stadiums first TD pass. Not to mention our front 7 on the D has been blown up by injuries and we lost Whitner to the Browns. Dont be surprised if 10-6 last year Arizona takes the 49ers place this year. Also the only group to win a game in that crazy stadium up in Seattle.
    Does a team like SF really care that much about preseason? 49ers front 7 is STILL better than most NFL teams.