SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

The Jets will be lucky to end at .500 and will probably get to 7 wins then drop the last three games to ream you good

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Hey I'm not rooting against the guy just think for now anyway he's on the fringe of the 2nd tier Qb and the bottom feeder list that's expendable every Sunday. He could make some huge strides this season now that he has weapons if he protects the football better. If he can make that happen it should settle the debate at Qb in NY and this team could get to 10 wins and a wildcard birth.
    Fair enough...He's gotta go out and prove it now but I think he will improve either way.....How much is the question

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    NO he is not a Head coach!! He is a very good defensive coordinator, that's what he is. Doesn't have a clue about offense and managing the game and is always drafting defensive players. Has no playmakers the last few years and still talks about how great his defense is which has been sub par the last two years with all world Reavis gone. Some guys are great coordinators who can't handle being a head coach. Norv Turner another example. Just my thoughts. Funny they almost fired Rex but Woody likes the drama and attention Rex brings, so they got rid of the GM. Year before Rex wanted the Miami coach for his offensive coordinator so they can ground and pound, didn't work out very well.i guess you are right I just don't get it. Will be interesting season.
    No matter what you think the results speak for themselves....He's had one losing season in 5 years with awful QB play and sub par offensive weapons....Anything else is fluff

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I'm going to keep this thread alive when the NFL season starts and then you'll see that I was correct about the Jets major improvement. Hope you're all still there and don't disappear.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

the jets are going to be terrible stop betting

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I'm going to keep this thread alive when the NFL season starts and then you'll see that I was correct about the Jets major improvement. Hope you're all still there and don't disappear.
    Please do. I grew up by the Meadowlands and have been a long time Giants fan and went to all the games in the 80's and 90's. Every year I would listen to the obnoxious Jets fans call in on wFAN especially the last few years saying this is the year and they never finish above 500. The organization is dysfunctional and you need good people running your football operations from the top down. Rex is a buffoon and the Jet post game shows after the game are classic entertaining! That I will give credit for. They are the most entertaining. Anyway, I do wish you Jet fans luck but until things change at the top they will have a hard time getting that elusive ring!!

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Square post right here

Rex had rookie Geno, zero starting WRs and a bunch of young no names on defense and got them to 8-8

But he's not a good head coach....Get a clue
    Squares?! Squares?!! The Vegas oddsmakers have the Jets Season Win total at 7 or 7.5, but you think they're gonna win 11. You're the square, son. The boys in Vegas are a little sharper than you. You have the Jests winning 7 or 8 games at home. Makes me wonder why Fireman Ed gave up his season tickets! As for Rex being a good head coach, I don't agree. Buddy and his 2 sons are all good defensive coaches but none of them have the "mental necessities" to be a good head coach, as evidenced by their zero Super Bowl appearances in 12 years of head coaching. They're too dumb to be head coaches. Rex consistently shoots his mouth off with no evidence to suggest that it motivates his team. Instead he gives his opponents bulletin board material. J E T S suck!

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Squares?! Squares?!! The Vegas oddsmakers have the Jets Season Win total at 7 or 7.5, but you think they're gonna win 11. You're the square, son. The boys in Vegas are a little sharper than you. You have the Jests winning 7 or 8 games at home. Makes me wonder why Fireman Ed gave up his season tickets! As for Rex being a good head coach, I don't agree. Buddy and his 2 sons are all good defensive coaches but none of them have the "mental necessities" to be a good head coach, as evidenced by their zero Super Bowl appearances in 12 years of head coaching. They're too dumb to be head coaches. Rex consistently shoots his mouth off with no evidence to suggest that it motivates his team. Instead he gives his opponents bulletin board material. J E T S suck!

We shall see --10 wins minimum--take that shit to the bank,. Mark this post!

boomer62

Amen. You should hear the Jet fans call in on the radio, very delusional. I had a beer with fireman Ed last year in a bar. Great guy. He had enough of all the Jet bullshit and also was getting into fights a lot because so many drunken fans would start with him.

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17596

We shall see --10 wins minimum--take that shit to the bank,. Mark this post!
    Are you giving odds on that? Cause I think there is a good handful here that would eagerly take it.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I said 10-6....So that's just as ridiculous as people saying they will be 5-11 going by that logic of 7.5 Vegas number

2 AFC Championship runs, and only 1 actual losing season in 5 years with some of the worst QB play consistently throughout this time period

How can you say he's not a good head coach or "too dumb".....I just don't get it

Whatever, there will always be haters....Jets will be a tough team this season I can guarantee that
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Please do. I grew up by the Meadowlands and have been a long time Giants fan and went to all the games in the 80's and 90's. Every year I would listen to the obnoxious Jets fans call in on wFAN especially the last few years saying this is the year and they never finish above 500. The organization is dysfunctional and you need good people running your football operations from the top down. Rex is a buffoon and the Jet post game shows after the game are classic entertaining! That I will give credit for. They are the most entertaining. Anyway, I do wish you Jet fans luck but until things change at the top they will have a hard time getting that elusive ring!!
    OK so you're a Giants fan...makes sense

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    I don't get all this Geno is the worst QB in football talk. He was a rookie with arguably the worst offensive talent in the NFL last year. Am I saying he is Pro Bowl caliber ? No. But can we give him another year before we label him a bust? Not many QB were going to put up big numbers with the talent he had last year.
    His numbers only back up the style of his play. There isn't a defensive coordinator in the league who is afraid of him - all you a defense needs is one player to move him out of Geno out of the pocket and the play is done. I've also never seen a starting NFL QB whose instinct to run away from the defense is nurtured like Geno's was last year; in 100% direct opposition to a Tom Brady whose trained instinct is to correctly step into the rush and make his pass. Geno would need at least 2 years on the bench behind a seasoned pro before picking up the finer aspects of the game. As it stands - he's a complete zero. It doesn't matter what personnel they surround him with - assume the downside of that offense because when an injury or two happens that QB won't pick up an inch of slack.

ByeShea

I grew up by the Meadowlands
    That's just sad. I stopped reading right there.

boomer62

I said 10-6....So that's just as ridiculous as people saying they will be 5-11 going by that logic of 7.5 Vegas number

2 AFC Championship runs, and only 1 actual losing season in 5 years with some of the worst QB play consistently throughout this time period

How can you say he's not a good head coach or "too dumb".....I just don't get it

Whatever, there will always be haters....Jets will be a tough team this season I can guarantee that
    Here we go. All Jet fans hang their hat on over 5 years ago when they went to playoffs. The guys there were from Parcells and Mangini!, Rex blew up the team and was the one who wanted Sanchez and the only thing he did right was draft Reavis. The cocky bastard thought he can get anyone to come play for him and they let three of their top 3 offensive lineman go. So maybe you need to get a clue!! Why are Jet fans and met fans( I'' m a mets fan) so penetrating ignorant and delusional!! They are pathetic run organizations..

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Here we go. All Jet fans hang their hat on over 5 years ago when they went to playoffs. The guys there were from Parcells and Mangini!, Rex blew up the team and was the one who wanted Sanchez and the only thing he did right was draft Reavis. The cocky bastard thought he can get anyone to come play for him and they let three of their top 3 offensive lineman go. So maybe you need to get a clue!! Why are Jet fans and met fans( I'' m a mets fan) so penetrating ignorant and delusional!! They are pathetic run organizations..
    How are the Jets pathetic?? They have way more playoff wins in the last 15 years than a lot of NFL teams....Hell I could name you a bunch of teams that don't even have ONE playoff win since the 90s

Last season the Jets had zero talent (a bunch of young guys) and went 8-8.....If Rex were a bad coach how is that possible?

5 years, 1 losing season with garbage at QB I rest my case

boomer62

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    That's just sad. I stopped reading right there.
    Really??? I've experienced and been exposed to more culture,women , and filthy Rich people who live a high lifestyle then I can only dream about it! Been going to the city since I was a teenager. You know what you know and you don't know what you don't know. Love when people have no clue and base their judgements and opinions on what others say. Poor Jj out in Vegas when the greatest city in the world with everything at your finger tips right here in NY.

boomer62

How are the Jets pathetic?? They have way more playoff wins in the last 15 years than a lot of NFL teams....Hell I could name you a bunch of teams that don't even have ONE playoff win since the 90s

Last season the Jets had zero talent (a bunch of young guys) and went 8-8.....If Rex were a bad coach how is that possible?

5 years, 1 losing season with garbage at QB I rest my case
    Really??? Are you serious??? More playoff wins in the last 15 years?? And you just said they have no talent? When was the last ring, over 30 something years ago and you don't think the organization has been a joke and laughing stock?? Half of the fans have given up their season tickets, including Fireman Ed. Good luck with that talented draft and big Geno take them to the promised land

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Really??? Are you serious??? More playoff wins in the last 15 years?? And you just said they have no talent? When was the last ring, over 30 something years ago and you don't think the organization has been a joke and laughing stock?? Half of the fans have given up their season tickets, including Fireman Ed. Good luck with that talented draft and big Geno take them to the promised land
    Your arguments are boring and you aren't really comprehending what I'm trying to argue, so here....what's your prediction for next season so it's on record? I already said 10-6, and we can revisit this thread in a few months....later

DegeneratePicks
    DegeneratePicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see 6 wins at most. 7 if some good foot related content gets produced.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

7 or 8 wins. Mediocrity is all they can reasonably shoot for.

ByeShea

I've experienced and been exposed to more culture,women , and filthy Rich people who live a high lifestyle then I can only dream about it! Been going to the city since I was a teenager.
    Gross. You are Jersey trash, please stop. The only people in the city who notice you are the push cart operators you buy pretzels from.

boomer62

Yes, you are far way too intelligent and classy for me. Your intellect and your astute insightfulness that you bring on here has me in AWE!

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

this thread is way too funny

boomer62

Your arguments are boring and you aren't really comprehending what I'm trying to argue, so here....what's your prediction for next season so it's on record? I already said 10-6, and we can revisit this thread in a few months....later
    So, the J-e-t-s have a dilemma, who will be the starting QB to lead them to that 10 win season. They all looked great tonight. Like Rex said last year in an interview, nobody has three good QB's like they do, not kidding , he really said that. He said It's all about the competition and pushing themselves and he loves that he has 3 guys he can put in anytime. Jet fans were calling in WFAN and wanted Simms to be the starter. Can't make this stuff up! Can't wait for that 10 win season!!!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

So, the J-e-t-s have a dilemma, who will be the starting QB to lead them to that 10 win season. They all looked great tonight. Like Rex said last year in an interview, nobody has three good QB's like they do, not kidding , he really said that. He said It's all about the competition and pushing themselves and he loves that he has 3 guys he can put in anytime. Jet fans were calling in WFAN and wanted Simms to be the starter. Can't make this stuff up! Can't wait for that 10 win season!!!
    Preseason bro.....you're just as bad as the retards that call sports radio shows

Still waiting for your prediction for win total

boomer62

I know it's preseason. But you have to admit that the O looks anemic again and all the interviews to the players and analysts are focusing on how great a defense they will have. Like I said Rex is a defensive coordinator, in his blood from his father, but they don't focus on the offense at all. Don't like to make predictions but will say they will be no better then .500. That's what they are, middle of the pack until they get playmakers and a QB.
    And don't call me a retard and talk radio is pure entertainment. It's like knoch calling in and saying the Mets have the best talent in the league and if they only had a manager.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I know it's preseason. But you have to admit that the O looks anemic again and all the interviews to the players and analysts are focusing on how great a defense they will have. Like I said Rex is a defensive coordinator, in his blood from his father, but they don't focus on the offense at all. Don't like to make predictions but will say they will be no better then .500. That's what they are, middle of the pack until they get playmakers and a QB.
    And don't call me a retard and talk radio is pure entertainment. It's like knoch calling in and saying the Mets have the best talent in the league and if they only had a manager.
    Anemic? It's the first preseason game in which they don't care and played a few series lol but whatever.....Make no mistake about it, they are a defensive team that likes to play low scoring, beat you down kind physically kind of games.....They do need a better contribution from the offense though and I am optimistic they can be efficient if they lean on the running game and Geno doesn't try to do too much....We shall see

I'm just saying if you think that most of the callers speak for the normal and intelligent fans, you're just as bad as them.....They are the dregs and bottom feeders of fandom for the most part.....I still listen to wfan and 98.7 to and from work though, it is good entertainment I agree

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Jets CB situation takes a big hit today. Miliner high ankle sprain. Out a couple of weeks. 3rd round pick McDougle out for year with torn ACL. Watching Patterson get burned in first game this has to be a huge concern for the Jets. Kyle Wilson is nothing more than a nickel back and there is little depth after that.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Maybe they should bring back Mark Sanchez!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-17-15 at 11:17 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

So far, I have the record correct and the Jets gave Green Bay a run for their money.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

So far, I have the record correct and the Jets gave Green Bay a run for their money.
    u were wrong about beating the bears.

1-2 now.... which is what i predicted after 3 weeks.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

fans are so sad.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

gave whoever the fuk a run for their money. still is a L...

Lee Jones
    Lee Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

They have and had no chance of winning 8. Ok maybe a 10% chance

First 123 Last