DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyIsWater View Post
    Let me ask you an honest question. Do you believe you are born that way, or you can get help just like to fight addiction to change your life around?
    There is clearly a genetic component to homosexuality, saying there isn't is just ignorant. And no, you can't get help to change your sexuality as has been proven by numerous studies. Hence the reason it was removed from the DSM.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    There is clearly a genetic component to homosexuality, saying there isn't is just ignorant. And no, you can't get help to change your sexuality as has been proven by numerous studies. Hence the reason it was removed from the DSM.
    Please list the sources that confirm the "gay gene."

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    MoneyIsWater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

I never said that is what I thought. Playing Devil's advocate here.

But wouldn't their be a genetic component to all....well let's says....."norms" I didn't want to say disease or addictions.

Do you believe that you can change your functions through medicine?

I understand, it's like one day making me Gay. It would be extremely to convince one day that I was gay.

So I guess as I'm writing this, that gays are the same? Or use more or less a different part of the brain? Or always staying in a comfort zone?

As I stand, I never hate or discriminate. I just always wondered what is the exact DNA.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Please list the sources that confirm the "gay gene."
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9127683.html

You're welcome

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyIsWater View Post
    I never said that is what I thought. Playing Devil's advocate here.

But wouldn't their be a genetic component to all....well let's says....."norms" I didn't want to say disease or addictions.

Do you believe that you can change your functions through medicine?

I understand, it's like one day making me Gay. It would be extremely to convince one day that I was gay.

So I guess as I'm writing this, that gays are the same? Or use more or less a different part of the brain? Or always staying in a comfort zone?

As I stand, I never hate or discriminate. I just always wondered what is the exact DNA.
    There is a genetic component to homosexuality but no that does not mean that a person needs to engage in homosexuality. There is a genetic component to alcoholism but it won't matter if the individual never consumes alcohol. The difference is not consuming alcohol won't mess you up psychologically. Denying your sexuality, whether straight or gay, is not mentally healthy.

opie1988

Ok. Couple of problems here....

You cited a UK tabloid with a circulation of 60,000. Not exactly Time Magazine, pal.

Also....I asked for confirmation. Here's a direct quite from the article you linked...."Our findings suggest there may be genes at play..."

Soooo....no sources that actually confirm this???

No. Because they don't exist.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    MoneyIsWater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Also the word MAY is not definitive.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Just a cover up to get locker room acceptance. Once kids graduate they'll get a divorce and he'll be dating someone named Barry or Greg
    daner, I agree w/your assessment here; fukkin sharp, per usual
    Let's get a contest going (1k entry) kinda like how the golf ones are run in the pts forum

We each pick 5 names of the tinkerbell that Kluwe will eventually be dating

Winner takes all

My 5 names are:

1. Lance
    2. Neil
    3. Miguel
    4. Petey
    5. Lou

daner's 5 picks:

1. Barry
    2. Greg
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. ?

GUMMO's 5 picks (via pm):

1. Hunter
    2. Gaylord
    3. Harmon
    4. Flip
    5. LeBron

(*bonus picks added by Gummo for 500 added pts) -- Petey, Lou, Giant

Let's get Trip D to escrow the pts
    GL !
    Points Awarded:

daneblazer gave BiTeMe UsAdOj 14 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GUMMO77 gave BiTeMe UsAdOj 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GUMMO77 gave BiTeMe UsAdOj 9 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Ok. Couple of problems here....

You cited a UK tabloid with a circulation of 60,000. Not exactly Time Magazine, pal.

Also....I asked for confirmation. Here's a direct quite from the article you linked...."Our findings suggest there may be genes at play..."

Soooo....no sources that actually confirm this???

No. Because they don't exist.
    Ha, I don't care if I heard it from my mom the bottom line is it was a study completed by university researchers and scientists. Probably doesn't matter though you're going to believe what you believe no matter what. As for the quote you listed here's another:

Scientists found that a region of the X chromosome Xq28 had an impact on male sexuality, as did a stretch of DNA on chromosome 8.

Oh and since my source wasn't "Time magazine" here ya go:

http://healthland.time.com/2012/12/1...homosexuality/

Actually just go here, all kinds of science for you to ignore:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology...al_orientation

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I hope that old fart gets fired..

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

He should be fired...

not for his comments, don't care about that.

He should be fired for being a terrible analyst.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    He should be fired...

not for his comments, don't care about that.

He should be fired for being a terrible analyst.
    You said anal yst

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

You would think after losing a son the way he did.. He would be more humble.....

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    You said anal yst

I give the man credit, at least he put his name to his comment. How many team GMs, player evaluators, etc. from a cloak of anonymity said the same thing?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    You would think after losing a son the way he did.. He would be more humble.....
    Also the same dude that helped get Mike Vick back in the league, but now he's worried about distractions.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

What does humble have to do with speaking your mind and saying how you feel?

You guys sure stick together.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    What does humble have to do with speaking your mind and saying how you feel?

You guys sure stick together.
    I ain't gay Boeing... I love wet pussy so much... That my wife has a tracking device on my rooster...

Boeing you tri, suhn???

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I ain't gay Boeing... I love wet pussy so much... That my wife has a tracking device on my rooster...

Boeing you tri, suhn???
    My mistake then, carry on.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    JJ was right on saying if Dungy was white they would be calling for his job and he WOULD get canned in all likelihood.
    Dungy gets the "Black-card free pass" though, he will not be reprimanded.
    I never really cared that an open Peter-Puffer was going to be in the NFL.
    But from the very start with Sam's staged hug and kiss of his little white bitch when he was drafted, I was irritated.
    Do any of those other guys sit there at a draft with the hood rats they are fukking? Hardly ever.
    Actually, did he even hug his parents that day when the camera was on him?
    And THIS was exactly what Dungy meant in his statement.
    I predicted Sam would be drafted by a non-contender in the late rounds as a "sympathy/publicity" pick.
    That's what the Rams did.
    It's the only card with no limit.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Sam's Jersey is 6th best selling Jersey in nfl right now

DrStale

Dungy clarifies comments on Michael Sam:

[Editor's note: In response to quotes that appeared in Monday's Tampa Tribune, Tony Dungy has released a statement. The full content of it appears below.]

On Monday afternoon while on vacation with my family, I was quite surprised to read excerpts from an interview I gave several weeks ago related to this year’s NFL Draft, and I feel compelled to clarify those remarks.

I was asked whether I would have drafted Michael Sam and I answered that I would not have drafted him.

I gave my honest answer, which is that I felt drafting him would bring much distraction to the team. At the time of my interview, the Oprah Winfrey reality show that was going to chronicle Michael’s first season had been announced.

I was not asked whether or not Michael Sam deserves an opportunity to play in the NFL. He absolutely does.

I was not asked whether his sexual orientation should play a part in the evaluation process. It should not.

I was not asked whether I would have a problem having Michael Sam on my team. I would not.

I have been asked all of those questions several times in the last three months and have always answered them the same way—by saying that playing in the NFL is, and should be, about merit.

The best players make the team, and everyone should get the opportunity to prove whether they’re good enough to play. That’s my opinion as a coach. But those were not the questions I was asked.

What I was asked about was my philosophy of drafting, a philosophy that was developed over the years, which was to minimize distractions for my teams.

I do not believe Michael’s sexual orientation will be a distraction to his teammates or his organization.

I do, however, believe that the media attention that comes with it will be a distraction. Unfortunately we are all seeing this play out now, and I feel badly that my remarks played a role in the distraction.

I wish Michael Sam nothing but the best in his quest to become a star in the NFL and I am confident he will get the opportunity to show what he can do on the field.

My sincere hope is that we will be able to focus on his play and not on his sexual orientation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sam-comments/

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

wait isnt dungy the same clown who brought in keyshawn johnson while with the bucs and now he hates distractions?

lol

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I see alot of comparisons to the holy roller Teblow, dog killer Vick, along others that are irrelevant in this case. Yes those guys caused distractions thanks to our brain dead media always trying to drum up a story.

However in this case it's really unparalleled for the most part. I think it's possible what Tony is implying and getting overlooked is the uber macho landscape of an Nfl lockeroom. Guys in that environment can probably overlook alot of things if you can ball. However I'm willing to bet the overall prejudice and slurs that go on towards homosexuals in that atmosphere is probably a bit overwhelming to say the least. Who would know more than Dungy and others who have been in it. Not saying I agree with Tony here but as I stated yesterday in my thread the man has the RIGHT to state his opinion no matter what the reason is.

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Frick the dude. He's never gonna get accepted in a football locker room when everyone in there knows he's gay and probably checking out the dudes.

For you guys that never played football in college or professionally, there are more racial slurs and homophobic slurs said in a locker room than probably anywhere else in the world.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    wait isnt dungy the same clown who brought in keyshawn johnson while with the bucs and now he hates distractions?

lol
    He also lobbied for Vick's return.

Seems to have a selective memory.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    He also lobbied for Vick's return.

Seems to have a selective memory.
    Ease up with your libtard agenda.

I think we can all agree that a guy running a small dogfighting operation pales in comparison to the distraction some dude continually ogling your junk in the shower will bring.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

There is a genetic component to homosexuality but no that does not mean that a person needs to engage in homosexuality. There is a genetic component to alcoholism but it won't matter if the individual never consumes alcohol. The difference is not consuming alcohol won't mess you up psychologically. Denying your sexuality, whether straight or gay, is not mentally healthy.
    Some of the healthiest, holiest people that ever lived "denied" their sexuality. But that's not even the right terminology. They rightly directed their energies.

You couldn't be more wrong about your analysis in this regard.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Also, JJ is more right than he is wrong when he states that a white guy would have been canned. First off, we don't know, and Rob Parker is an example of saying some outlandish stuff and getting canned, but there are countless other examples of blacks getting a pass white could never dream of --- Chris Broussard (never said anything wrong but white guy would have been gone) for one. Stephen A Smith called Sam a liar, and he was, but a white guy could never make that comment.

Rush Limbaugh said a dude got a media break because of race and he was fired. Say what you will about Limbaugh, a black dude could do that and no one would flinch, let alone get canned.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Dungy clarifies comments on Michael Sam:

[Editor's note: In response to quotes that appeared in Monday's Tampa Tribune, Tony Dungy has released a statement. The full content of it appears below.]

On Monday afternoon while on vacation with my family, I was quite surprised to read excerpts from an interview I gave several weeks ago related to this year’s NFL Draft, and I feel compelled to clarify those remarks.

I was asked whether I would have drafted Michael Sam and I answered that I would not have drafted him.

I gave my honest answer, which is that I felt drafting him would bring much distraction to the team. At the time of my interview, the Oprah Winfrey reality show that was going to chronicle Michael’s first season had been announced.

I was not asked whether or not Michael Sam deserves an opportunity to play in the NFL. He absolutely does.

I was not asked whether his sexual orientation should play a part in the evaluation process. It should not.

I was not asked whether I would have a problem having Michael Sam on my team. I would not.

I have been asked all of those questions several times in the last three months and have always answered them the same way—by saying that playing in the NFL is, and should be, about merit.

The best players make the team, and everyone should get the opportunity to prove whether they’re good enough to play. That’s my opinion as a coach. But those were not the questions I was asked.

What I was asked about was my philosophy of drafting, a philosophy that was developed over the years, which was to minimize distractions for my teams.

I do not believe Michael’s sexual orientation will be a distraction to his teammates or his organization.

I do, however, believe that the media attention that comes with it will be a distraction. Unfortunately we are all seeing this play out now, and I feel badly that my remarks played a role in the distraction.

I wish Michael Sam nothing but the best in his quest to become a star in the NFL and I am confident he will get the opportunity to show what he can do on the field.

My sincere hope is that we will be able to focus on his play and not on his sexual orientation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sam-comments/
    Damage control is as pathetic as the liberal media is at looking for one sided scapegoats. Be a man, Dungy, stand by what you said.

No integrity anymore because he doesn't want to lose an easy job ... that he's no good at. Pathetic.

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Dungy has no good way out. This will follow him for the rest of his life. The "gay mafia" as Bill Maher calls it, is looking into everything Dungy has said or done in his entire life. They will find something, whether it is there or not.

Too bad he can't sell his franchise for $2 billion, although that idiot doesn't seem to want to take the money.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Only way to beat this for Dungy is too just wait it out and take the heat for a minute. The organization's that come down on people like Dungy for comments they make also LOVE the spotlight it gives them and it drives their cause. Just a matter of time till they find another drum to pound on.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

This will blow over before the season begins in 6 weeks. Pun not intended

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Just remember these civil rights organizations and our media is often times so full of shit and hypocrisy themselves it's ridiculous. They do love the spotlight tho and having a platform to dramatize their self serving agendas.

Take the case in Detroit recently where the white truck driver was beaten for no reason by a bunch of savages. Where were his civil rights? Why was that not the lead story for weeks on every major media outlet with the half wit rev's Jackson and Sharpton overseeing the whole event? If the script were flipped and that was a black man beaten by whites they would have pounded it into the ground until we were on the verge of a race war! Instead it was mostly kinda put on the back burner and went away rather quickly.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Damage control is as pathetic as the liberal media is at looking for one sided scapegoats. Be a man, Dungy, stand by what you said.

No integrity anymore because he doesn't want to lose an easy job ... that he's no good at. Pathetic.
    At least he didn't backtrack, he just clarified what he meant even though it was pretty obvious what he meant the first time.

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is total nonsense, and this is how a projected third round player goes from that to the 7th round and almost not drafted. Tired of people talking about his slow 40 times, the only people that care about times that much are the media and nfl fans. Teams basically have their big board set way before the combine events.
    But the thing the pisses me off is, Dungy said when Vick got out of prison, he deserves a chance to play, and he would put him on HIS team. So he would put a player on his team, who is a convicted felon, and hasn't played the game in two years.
    This is the first time a SEC defensive player of the year, has not got drafted in the first two rounds of the draft, to go from that to 7th round pick you would have to be naive to think him coming out didn't effect his draft stock. Pretty sad message coming out of Dungy, and the GM's in this league. If you are gay, you can either be open and live your life. Or hide who you are and play football which you worked for your entire life. You can't have both, if you do, you could find yourself out of the NFL.

First 1234 Last