AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Some of the All-Time Greats would have been run out of the NFL!

If some of the All-Time Greats in the NFL lived in today's instant media world, they would have been fined, suspended, and black balled. Hell, I even remember them smoking in the locker room before the game and during halftime! Most of them played still drunk or hungover.

Joe Namath, Sonny Jurgensen, Max McGee, Paul Hornung, Don Meredith, Lance Alworth, etc. would have been banned from the NFL. Just watch the old movie "North Dallas Forty". Hell even Howard Cosell was drunk in the booth and people thought he was having a stroke.

I know this may be a little long, but what a great story about the first TD reception in the first Super Bowl:

Max McGee -- Green Bay Packers -- Super Bowl I
    Despite reductions in playing time due to injuries and age, McGee's final two seasons would be the ones for which his career is best remembered. In the 1966 season, McGee caught only four passes for 91 yards and a touchdown as the Packers recorded a 12-2 record and advanced to Super Bowl I against the Kansas City Chiefs. McGee did not expect to play in the game and he violated his team's curfew policy and spent the night before the Super Bowl out on the town. The next morning he told starting receiver Boyd Dowler, "I hope you don't get hurt. I'm not in very good shape," alluding to his hangover. Dowler went down with a separated shoulder on the Packers' second drive of the game, and McGee, who had to borrow a teammate's helmet because he had not brought his own out of the locker room, was put into the game. A few plays later, McGee made a one-handed reception of a pass from Bart Starr, took off past Chiefs defender Fred Williamson and ran 37 yards to score the first touchdown in Super Bowl history. By the end of the game, McGee had recorded seven receptions for 138 yards and two touchdowns, assisting Green Bay to a 35-10 victory.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Dude WTH the USA is playing Portugal right now and it's 1-1

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Dude WTH the USA is playing Portugal right now and it's 1-1
    I know, my bad, but keeping up with that and MLB scores.

mycou1992
    mycou1992's Avatar Become A Pro!

With the growth of the age, these players have to meet some problems. Some of them are not great like before, the action is less agile or something else. Even more some of them will also make mistakes and injured. Of course they gonna be discarded. Superior bad discard is a law of survival.it is inevitable.