stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

I'll put it simply, very few non-pocket passing QB's succeed in the league where they play for pay.
    It may be old fashioned old school, but pocket passing QB's succeed.

Wilson is an exception, but defenses will catch up to the read-option, most defenses now are much better prepared for it, this season I think you won't see as much success.

Beware Johnny Football, when it's your time to start, you are going to learn that these are not SEC defenses in your face.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Russell Wilson says hello.
    Exception to the rule

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    last time I checked philly switched to alleged superstar nick foles who got booted out in the first playoff game. it was never about vick in philly , it was about ZERO defense. vick will do well this year if he starts cause jets actually have a team unlike philly who was a loose cannon under andy reid with zero defense for last 3 years.
    Was more Castillo's fault in Philly than Reid, let's see if Davis can turn things around in Eagle land.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Russell Wilson is a decent passer and stay in the pocket a lot but he's much more controlled than these other guys

It is true the pocket passer still going to do better

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Vick in his prime was great with the falcons. Wonder how he would have turned out if he never went to jail

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    Your team has problem when it's Smith and Vick battling for the starting position.
    6 wins at most with that combo

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20256

His first year starting on the Eagles he was sick though. He was a top 5 QB that year. I just remember that MNF game against the Skins where he had like 6 or 7 TD's, and first play of the game was an 80 yard bomb to DeSean Jackson.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    6 wins at most with that combo
    People just can't help themselves when it comes to the Jets....most undervalued team under Rex Ryan

They are winning 8 atleast...They have proven to be mediocre to good with a few deep playoff runs mixed in with absolute garbage at QB

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20256

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    His first year starting on the Eagles he was sick though. He was a top 5 QB that year. I just remember that MNF game against the Skins where he had like 6 or 7 TD's, and first play of the game was an 80 yard bomb to DeSean Jackson.
    This game:

mycou1992
    mycou1992's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick just want not to be injured. he is a rich man. he don't care the legacy.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

it really sucks that he didn't become what he should have. watching him do crazy runs was so much fun

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Vick is done !! all he is after now is the pay check !!

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9269

Vick is just an athlete.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

He has more good seasons than geno

Very overrated when he was a falcon

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Vick does not care and does not want to play he's just adding years to his great NFL pension

He is not stupid. He wants Gino to play at his age he doesn't want to get hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by mycou1992 View Post
    Vick just want not to be injured. he is a rich man. he don't care the legacy.
    LOL

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I'll put it simply, very few non-pocket passing QB's succeed in the league where they play for pay.
    It may be old fashioned old school, but pocket passing QB's succeed.

Wilson is an exception, but defenses will catch up to the read-option, most defenses now are much better prepared for it, this season I think you won't see as much success.

Beware Johnny Football, when it's your time to start, you are going to learn that these are not SEC defenses in your face.
    )
    3/4 of the NFC divisional round (semi finals) quarterbacks were not mobile ("non pocket-passing") quarterbacks. what the f are you goin on about? do you know anything about the NFL, did you watch any of the games?

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

truth is most guys at sbr don't have a damn clue about the nfl. ive seen it with my own eyes the last few years. just a lot of poor posts and comments. #truth#nothatinjussayin

First 12