LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Saints' Brandin Cooks Could be Nice Fantasy Sleeper

He is officially a Wide Receiver, but Drew Brees loves the first round pick and sees him as the next Darren Sproles in the New Orleans offense.

Drew Brees pointed to first-round pick Brandin Cooks as the primary replacement for Darren Sproles.

Brees described Cooks as an "explosive player, great speed, great talent, tremendous young man, loves to learn, loves the game of football." Sproles and Lance Moore are both gone, leaving a 90-reception void in Sean Payton's offense. "I think he can do a lot of things," Brees added of Cooks. "I think he can play outside receiver. I think I he can play inside in the slot. You can hand him reverses. You can throw him screens. He can return punts."

Source: USA Today

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Hard to think about football in June LT.

But you are probably right, somebody got step in and take Sproles place or the Saints will be in for a long season..

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Hard to think about football in June LT.

But you are probably right, somebody got step in and take Sproles place or the Saints will be in for a long season..
    You always say that, it is NEVER too early for NFL.

Hell, I am ready to start practicing some mock drafts.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

guy is already rated 34th as a WR by my pay site.....id expect by late august he could be near the top 20....but yer always cautious of rookie receivers...id compare him a bit to tavon austin.....austin though looked lost for the early part of the year....i watched alot of him too....looked like a struggle to get him the ball....dont know if schottenheimer really knew how to use him right....they forced alot of balls to him early...and the qb situation was a mess.....i probably trust payton and brees alot more to put cooks to good use right off the bat though

guy i love though...not much of a sleeper is cordarrelle....still pretty raw with the route running....but on raw talent? guy could be a top 5 guy...especially if they get a qb situation figured out and can get some continuity....guy came up aces for me last year and the end of the year in my big money league

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

However the fantasy rule is that rookie WR rarely have big numbers there first season

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

not trying to be a dick but can this fantasy stuff not be in pt? its not fantasy players talk. fantasy has its own section. These mindless daily updates are exhausting day in and day out

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

yea he looks real good in June that means he will make it... LOL... have fun drafting cooks on a team that gives passes to everyone, not a redzone threat, probably only catches 3 passes a game and he isn't their vertical threat, so yea, have fun with that....

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4973

With Brees at QB there will be plenty of action to go around.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Cooks is a big time player

He should thrive