Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Steelers-Browns: Gettin' Ugly

On Thursday night the NFL Network brings us another special presentation of possibly the ugliest game in the sport’s history. Just how ugly will this Pittsburgh-Cleveland game be? Tiger Woods would not have sex with anyone attending or participating in this contest. By the looks of some of his busted up mistresses, that speaks volumes on just how unattractive this will be.

There is almost nothing to like about this matchup. The beautiful Cleveland weather will add snow, wind and rain to already harsh temperatures dipping into the high teens. The Browns are geared up for yet another last place finish at 1-11. The Steelers are fighting to save their season after dropping four straight. The Dog Pound hasn’t had anything to bark about since Bernie Kosar was suiting up for them. Regardless, I’m in the business of finding a winner in even the most horrid scenarios. And while fishing in this toxic pond, I managed to avoid hooking any old boots to reel in a prize catch or two. The Browns (+10) and the Under (34) will be looking mighty fine once the clock mercifully strikes zero on this messy meeting.

Now we’re talking

Pittsburgh has beaten Cleveland 12 straight times. There is obviously a really good chance that their slide ends in Cleveland, but they are in such a funk right now, that I’m calling a close game either way. Their last three games came against Kansas City, Baltimore and Oakland. They share a combined record of 13-23, and all of them were able to take out the defending champs. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has continued to put up some big numbers, but their dominant defense has shown weakness as of late. If you would’ve told me that Bruce Gradkowski could lead the Raiders down the field in under a minute for a game-winning touchdown drive at Heinz Field, I would’ve never believed you. But there you have it.

Speaking of Roethlisberger, when these teams played in Pittsburgh in Week 6, he exploded to throw for over 400 yards. Derek Anderson was quarterbacking Cleveland back then (who exploded for 188 yards). Now it’s Brady Quinn leading the Browns attack again, and wouldn’t you know it, he’s putting up some great numbers himself recently. In his last three games, he has thrown for 675 yds with 7 TD’s and no picks. I’ve liked what I have seen from him lately, and banking that he is able to finish out the season strongly, to put Cleveland above .500 ATS for the year (currently 6-6).

Pittsburgh has been killing their backers this season (4-8 ATS) and with top playmaker Hines Ward listed as doubtful with a hamstring injury, look for things to only get worse. The Browns have covered in three consecutive weeks, and I feel almost crazy for saying it, but I’ll be on them once again.

Given the miserable weather conditions, a Pittsburgh defense that still ranks among the league’s best, and an absence of impact players on offense, I’m also loving the Under like a fat kid loves cake. I’m hoping for a scene straight out of the Iditarod. I want St. Bernards running in to rescue running backs after every other play. I want a 6-3 game.

I’m actually talking myself into taking a shot on the Cleveland moneyline as well (+425). I mean, why not? All good things must come to an end, and Pittsburgh’s title defense could receive a fatality blow from the men in brown on Thursday. Bring on the pain.

Brady Quinn is hot (throwing the ball)

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

ugly is the word for it. after losing a full FG in value as this total continues to plummet, i will be taking Under on the Clev TT. How they can be expected to score DD in what may be tropical storm conditions, minus about 70 degrees and topless girls serving frozen adult beverages boggles the mind. check this out:

Night

Low: 19°F RealFeel®: -8°F
    Mostly cloudy and cold; winds will be locally damaging

Winds:WSW at 37mphWind Gusts:58 mphMin UV Index:N/AThunderstorm Probability:0%Amount of Precipitation:0.00inAmount of Rain:0.00inAmount Snow:0.0inHours of Precipitation:0 HrsHours of Rain:0 HrsHours of Dark14.8 Hrs

how these awesome weather folk can predict exact wind conditions is amazing. anyway, if it is anything like this forecast suggests, neither team will throw. only one of these teams can run and only one of these teams can stop the run. just so happens Pit is that team on both counts. i hope we see the aforementioned wind, punts, FGs and K.O.s will follow a more crooked path than a drunk A.D.D. guy trying to find his hotel in the middle of Mardi Gras.

GL with the plays sir

WCapper
    WCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Couldn't agree more. I like the Browns + the points.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Hines Ward will be out,corner William Gay suffered a concussion versus the Raiders and rookie Joe Burnett will start if he can't go on Thursday. Fellow rookie Keenan Lewis will also get some time at corner if Gay is out. Troy Palomalu will miss his 4th straight.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

the geniuses that put together the slate of thur gms this year should be fukin fired

TUDINH
    TUDINH's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea me too home team win

Bread
    Living corpse

In 24 hours we all all be that much closer to being rich. RICH I TELLYA!!

!!!!!!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Nice thred Bread,

Until I saw the pic at the end. That ruined a great article.

Bread
    Living corpse

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Nice thred Bread, Until I saw the pic at the end. That ruined a great article.

Let me guess....you're into black guys? Brady doesn't do it for ya?

goldseeker
    goldseeker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

nice

kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

I saw the under, loved it, made a bet, and now that I saw this thread love it even more. Very good write up.

Bread
    Living corpse

Thanks kroy. Don't use it as your best bet in BTP, OK buddy?

woody78
    woody78's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thinking the Browns have a great chance to win this one outright, let alone +10. Will be on them and probably the over if it drops any more.

kidcd
    kidcd's Avatar Become A Pro!

I already to under 36 now I see 32' out there and that still may be too high this game has the earmarks of being and ugly 9-6 final score.

southpark79
    southpark79's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone doing a teaser just from this game alone, one that seems pretty good IMO is Steelers -1/2, Browns +20 1/2 and under 44.

kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    Thanks kroy. Don't use it as your best bet in BTP, OK buddy?

Haha no worries, it's just a normal play. I'm treading very lightly until I see what the guy in 2nd does.

Vangel330
    Vangel330's Avatar Become A Pro!

teaser sounds about right

WCapper
    WCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bread and all, thanks for the break down of this game. I when with the brown+under reverse and the under. Up by $400 this going into this week. Good luck on Sunday everyone.........

Bread
    Living corpse

Yea hit Brownies, Under, Brownies $line AND Browns 2nd half.

Nice hat trick! Uhhhh....if hat tricks came in FOURS! YEA DOG!!

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Little upset, because I had most my money on pittsburgh and different parlays with them. Also upset, because I shoulda Hedged my pitts bet with more than 20 damn bucks on the Browns ML and Under parlay. I am a dumbass. I lost 750 worth of bets on Pitt, when I coulda bet 100 on ML and under for the browns and made all that up. once again I'm a dumbass.

Bread
    Living corpse

Dumbass moments come and go my friend. We all have them.

JetsMatt85
    JetsMatt85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    Yea hit Brownies, Under, Brownies $line AND Browns 2nd half. Nice hat trick! Uhhhh....if hat tricks came in FOURS! YEA DOG!!
    nice hit