FadeCommonSense
    FadeCommonSense's Avatar Become A Pro!

Second Guessing...

Its always fun to go back along the forums and read the titles of "Minn Easiest Lock!", "Saints Auto Win", "Pitts Will Crush Oakland".

There are a few routes to take.

1) Second guess EVERYONE.
    2) Second guess the lunatics who guarantee.
    3) Take the high road and don't second guess.

I'll be honest, I take the 2nd route. If someone says "Pitts -7 guaranteed lock - bet the house" then I'm going to bust this guy's chops. Its fun and he deserves it. Otherwise, if they are just expressing opinions mildly, try not to bust people

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

sounds like you like to fade common sense

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Not the case in the NBA section. Every thread I saw where people advise others of a guaranteed lock or to bet heavy ona game, it has always won. I like listening to what others have to say and listen to them share their plays they feel confident in. I just don't like when dumbasses fall for these trap games like Minnesota -3 or New England -4 where the lines are so out of wack that its OBVIOUS they want the public to pound those games because they WILL LOSE..

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Quote Originally Posted by FadeCommonSense View Post
    Its always fun to go back along the forums and read the titles of "Minn Easiest Lock!", "Saints Auto Win", "Pitts Will Crush Oakland".

There are a few routes to take.

1) Second guess EVERYONE.
    2) Second guess the lunatics who guarantee.
    3) Take the high road and don't second guess.

I'll be honest, I take the 2nd route. If someone says "Pitts -7 guaranteed lock - bet the house" then I'm going to bust this guy's chops. Its fun and he deserves it. Otherwise, if they are just expressing opinions mildly, try not to bust people
    I must admit, I do note down some of the more arrogant, obnoxious "this can't lose" posts every week just for the pleasure of checking later how many of them are wrong. It amazes me how people can see huge favourites fail to cover time and time again, and occasionally even lose outright (hello Pittsburgh), yet still jump on these kinds of picks as 'locks' and what-not.

Personally, I accept that every single pick I make might lose, no matter how good it looks. This weekend's Denver @ KC game was the closest I've felt to a 'lock' all season, but I resisted the temptation to throw some ridiculous percentage of my bankroll on it.

FadeCommonSense
    FadeCommonSense's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Personally, I accept that every single pick I make might lose, no matter how good it looks. This weekend's Denver @ KC game was the closest I've felt to a 'lock' all season, but I resisted the temptation to throw some ridiculous percentage of my bankroll on it.
    I think that's what SBR Points are for. To put your points where your mouth is, but still not bet money.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

I have no idea what the points are for. Are they actually worth something? All I know of this site is this forum, I have no idea what sbr is.

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR means Simply Bet Ridiculously

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I have no idea what the points are for. Are they actually worth something? All I know of this site is this forum, I have no idea what sbr is.
    Judging by how many points you have and when you joined, you obviuosly know something about them

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

I know nothing at all about them, HoldEmHook. I have those points just from posting a lot, as far as I know. I have no idea what you can do with them, if anything.