THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Why NFL moved the draft...

Ratings from last night:
    Espn + NFL network Draft= 8.7
    Spurs blazers=2.7
    Heat nets= 2.6
    NHL combined= 1.9

Dominated. Exactly what they wanted to do.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Johnny Football was a major reason

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Johnny Football was a major reason
    The NFL LOVED that he didnt get drafted early. Kept people tuned in

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

espn got 6.2 in 2013 (6.8 in 2014) and it was the worst draft in over a decade with 0 superstars.

if u think holding it in may was the reason then ur dumb.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    espn got 6.2 in 2013 (6.8 in 2014) and it was the worst draft in over a decade with 0 superstars.

if u think holding it in may was the reason then ur dumb.
    Im saying they moved it to completely take over this weekend that previously was dominated by nhl and nba. What are YOU talking about?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

you claimed ratings went up because nfl moved the draft to may. thats not true according to the numbers. ratings have been rising exponentially every year. 2013 draft was the weakest in a decade and got record ratings when it was held in april. 2014 wouldve set record ratings whether it was held in may, april or even march. it was the strongest and most anticipated draft in over a decade!

if u think nba dominates ratings during 2nd round then ur clueless. here are some ratings from 2013 (2nd round):

pacers/knicks 2.5
    grizz/thunder 2.3
    spurs/warriors 2.6

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

only reason the draft was moved was because the venue was booked for April has nothing to do with ratings or trying to take away NBA viewers

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    only reason the draft was moved was because the venue was booked for April has nothing to do with ratings or trying to take away NBA viewers
    Agreed. I believe it was an Easter show that is booked same time next year.
    This is why the NFL is considering moving it out of NY next year.
    Last edited by jt315; 05-09-14 at 04:22 PM.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

you claimed ratings went up because nfl moved the draft to may. thats not true according to the numbers. ratings have been rising exponentially every year. 2013 draft was the weakest in a decade and got record ratings when it was held in april. 2014 wouldve set record ratings whether it was held in may, april or even march. it was the strongest and most anticipated draft in over a decade!

if u think nba dominates ratings during 2nd round then ur clueless. here are some ratings from 2013 (2nd round):

pacers/knicks 2.5
    grizz/thunder 2.3
    spurs/warriors 2.6
    You are a moron.
    Where did I claim that the ratings were up because of the move?
    I simply stated that they wanted to take up a Broader range and dominate ratings in a time when nba and nhl are usually highest sports ratings.
    Your numbers are useless.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    I was not aware of this. Seems weird...I dont think NFL minds taking up more of the calendar though.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Ratings from last night:
    Spurs blazers=2.7
    Heat nets= 2.6
    NHL combined= 1.9

Dominated. Exactly what they wanted to do.
    not sure how people can watch the draft.

How do they come up with these ratings? is it just based on how many people are viewing that tv station?

b/c if so the fact that its on ESPN helps out a lot b/c many bars and resturaunts just keep it on ESPN no matter what ... even though nobody is watching whatever is on.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

You are a moron.
    Where did I claim that the ratings were up because of the move?
    I simply stated that they wanted to take up a Broader range and dominate ratings in a time when nba and nhl are usually highest sports ratings.
    Your numbers are useless.
    no actually youre the moron. nba ratings are never high except for the finals (well except for spurs-cavs). and i proved it with ratings from 2013 which are similar to 2014 where u are claiming nfl draft damaged their ratings. it obviously did not because nba ratings are traditionally low at this time of the year.

your entire premise from title on was an epic fail.

"why nfl moved the draft"..... u disnt even know the reason why... because the venue was already booked.

then u claimed nfl dominated the nba and nhl which is ridiculous since nfl draft ratings have always dominated nba 2nd round ratings for years.

further no one watches the nhl. do u really need me to prove that too?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They moved is because of religious reason. It was on Easter week.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

no actually youre the moron. nba ratings are never high except for the finals (well except for spurs-cavs). and i proved it with ratings from 2013 which are similar to 2014 where u are claiming nfl draft damaged their ratings. it obviously did not because nba ratings are traditionally low at this time of the year.

your entire premise from title on was an epic fail.

"why nfl moved the draft"..... u disnt even know the reason why... because the venue was already booked.

then u claimed nfl dominated the nba and nhl which is ridiculous since nfl draft ratings have always dominated nba 2nd round ratings for years.

further no one watches the nhl. do u really need me to prove that too?
    Lol ok dude. It was a simple statement and some numbers from the ratings last night.
    Didnt know someone would shit their britches over it.
    And sorry I didn't see any news source saying it was moved for the reason of being booked.

I just simply showed the ratings dominating the other sports from last night. Simple. If you wanna try and start shit with me, its not advisable. I dont argue with lames and pick cyber fights like you and those other losers you start shit with all the time.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

guys no need to get hostile.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

NFL will always rule over other sports. I'm sure a hyped up pre-season game could get similar ratings to a MLB playoff game.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

You guys bashing THam are certified lunatics. Believe whatever you want, but Goodell moved the draft for the $$$ and only the $$$

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    You guys bashing THam are certified lunatics. Believe whatever you want, but Goodell moved the draft for the $$$ and only the $$$
    No dude. An easter show was more important than the NFL draft. I mean it brings the venue just as much money as the draft does....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

All I know is I love the draft and having it start Thursday. End of April or May, who cares.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Lol ok dude. It was a simple statement and some numbers from the ratings last night.
    Didnt know someone would shit their britches over it.
    And sorry I didn't see any news source saying it was moved for the reason of being booked.

I just simply showed the ratings dominating the other sports from last night. Simple. If you wanna try and start shit with me, its not advisable. I dont argue with lames and pick cyber fights like you and those other losers you start shit with all the time.

it's funny that you go around telling everyone how dumb they are but when someone points of your own stupidity, you throw a tantrum like a little girl.

why dont u just man up and admit you screwed up?

"Why NFL moved the draft...

Ratings from last night:
    Spurs blazers=2.7
    Heat nets= 2.6
    NHL combined= 1.9

Dominated. Exactly what they wanted to do."

your premise was wrong and idiotic from the very beginning. nfl did not purposefully move the draft as many have told you already. it was a scheduling conflict, nothing more. nor was their intention to "dominate" the nba or nhl. why would they need to dominate something they already dominate? i showed you proof that 2nd round of the nba historically gets low ratings. even the 2013 nfl draft in april with the worst draft class in over 10 years got a 7.7 rating, a record high.

so like i said, just admit you were wrong and move on. your childish tantrum doesn't change the fact that you were 100% wrong.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

The NFL pushed the draft back this year because Radio City Music Hall was booked up with "Heart and Lights," a spring show featuring the Rockettes slated to run from March 27 through May 4.

looks the only lunatics are you and your boyfriend.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

it's funny that you go around telling everyone how dumb they are but when someone points of your own stupidity, you throw a tantrum like a little girl.

why dont u just man up and admit you screwed up?

"Why NFL moved the draft...

Ratings from last night:
    Spurs blazers=2.7
    Heat nets= 2.6
    NHL combined= 1.9

Dominated. Exactly what they wanted to do."

your premise was wrong and idiotic from the very beginning. nfl did not purposefully move the draft as many have told you already. it was a scheduling conflict, nothing more. nor was their intention to "dominate" the nba or nhl. why would they need to dominate something they already dominate? i showed you proof that 2nd round of the nba historically gets low ratings. even the 2013 nfl draft in april with the worst draft class in over 10 years got a 7.7 rating, a record high.

so like i said, just admit you were wrong and move on. your childish tantrum doesn't change the fact that you were 100% wrong.
    childish tantrum?
    I said I hadn't seen anything about it being booked, admitting that.
    And you came on claiming I said they moved it because ratings would raise.
    My point was they wanted to dominate more of the calendar. And that has been successful. All we have heard about is the nfl the past month. A time that usually belonged to nba.
    So, whenever you wanna realize you didn't understand my point you can.
    Dont care if you admit your wrong or if you think im wrong or right, because i dont care.
    Never was I saying ratings were up from last year.

survive
    and advance

The NFL pushed the draft back this year because Radio City Music Hall was booked up with "Heart and Lights," a spring show featuring the Rockettes slated to run from March 27 through May 4.

looks the only lunatics are you and your boyfriend.
    Please riddle me this then: why is Goodell going to keep the draft in May next year?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

I still miss watching it on a saturday morning

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Please riddle me this then: why is Goodell going to keep the draft in May next year?
    cite your source that says 2015 draft will be held in may.

is it the same source that didnt tell you that radio city music hall was booked til may 4 this year?

survive
    and advance

cite your source that says 2015 draft will be held in may.

is it the same source that didnt tell you that radio city music hall was booked til may 4 this year?

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ies-interested

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

i ask for concrete proof and you post a rumor.

might want to look up the meaning of "could" and "considering"..... just like nfl could and considering eliminating the p.a.t. doesn't mean they will.

survive
    and advance

i ask for concrete proof and you post a rumor.

might want to look up the meaning of "could" and "considering"..... just like nfl could and considering eliminating the p.a.t. doesn't mean they will.

The fact that they are even considering moving the draft LATER next year tells it all bro. You're just desperate at this point. If the draft is in May next year, it completely proves you are wrong and you know it

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Music City radio hall is rumored to be booked up till June next year which is why they are considering moving it out of NY, that's all it is. The draft could be the same weekend as the superbowl and pull ratings...

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Moved to May because NFL wanted a presence in May. End thread.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

The fact that they are even considering moving the draft LATER next year tells it all bro. You're just desperate at this point. If the draft is in May next year, it completely proves you are wrong and you know it

you really are a moron aren't you?

you said it was a done deal but turns out it's nothing more than a rumor.

i guess i shouldnt have expected much from an idiot who believes in conspiracy theories that nfl moved the draft for money when the venue was confirmed booked until may 4th.

survive
    and advance

you really are a moron aren't you?

you said it was a done deal but turns out it's nothing more than a rumor.

i guess i shouldnt have expected much from an idiot who believes in conspiracy theories that nfl moved the draft for money when the venue was confirmed booked until may 4th.

Anyone with a brain knows it's a done deal man. Goodell is just making every month all about the NFL...$$$...playing chess while crusty plays checkers like you read about

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Anyone with a brain knows it's a done deal man. Goodell is just making every month all about the NFL...$$$...playing chess while crusty plays checkers like you read about
    just another dumbfuk who failed english 101 and logic 101.

lol

survive
    and advance

just another dumbfuk who failed english 101 and logic 101.

lol
    Funny thing is you're just too ignorant to understand my logic. Whatever bro, just realize your entire premise is wrong once the draft date for 2015 is announced

12 Last