Brick Tamland
    Brick House!
    Brick Tamland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Why didnt Eagles just trade TO???

Why not just move him for anyone. Wouldnt teams be happy to take his contract??? Vinateri for TO??

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the eagles organization does not cave in to those type of tactics at all brick. they have always stood strong on there management decesions.

Shawn01
    Shawn01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trade deadline has passed and they can't trade him until the season ends. They either had to play him, cut him (and other teams could then pick him up) or park his sorry ass at home. They chose the last option and I dont' blame them.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland
    Why not just move him for anyone. Wouldnt teams be happy to take his contract??? Vinateri for TO??

T.O. never had a lot of trade value. His history of attitude and insubordination wasn't limited to this season alone.

T.O. actually had a fairly substantial existing contract that many/most teams would have had difficulty fitting under the cap.

T.O. was coming off an injury during 2004-2005. Teams would have downgraded him due to this fact.

T.O. for Vinateri? I don't think the Patriots would have bit on this.

This last offseason, the only thing the Eagles might have gotten for T.O. would have been a late round conditional future draft pick at best. At worst, no team would have wanted to touch him with a ten-foot pole. T.O. really has no trade value. They'll put this to the test this offseason. We'll see if the Eagles can get any compensation now that teams see that T.O. is on the market.

I'm betting the Eagles are forced to release T.O. for nothing, then T.O. will sign a 1-year contract worth less than half what he would have made with the Eagles.

Shawn01
    Shawn01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00

I'm betting the Eagles are forced to release T.O. for nothing, then T.O. will sign a 1-year contract worth less than half what he would have made with the Eagles.
    I agree in general. I think teams would rather sign him without giving up anything, and what they are willing to give probably isn't enough for the Eagles to accept. If he signs a one year deal I bet he plays hard and shuts his mouth for the entire year. Then Drew Rosenhaus will proclaim T.O. as having been re-born and stress what a good teammate he was, blah, blah, blah. Of course, it wont' last.

Brick Tamland
    Brick House!
    Brick Tamland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn01
    Trade deadline has passed and they can't trade him until the season ends. They either had to play him, cut him (and other teams could then pick him up) or park his sorry ass at home. They chose the last option and I dont' blame them.
    Thats what I was wondering about although they shuld have seen it coming. If they sit him with a strained groin he can go home and they will get something back in a few weeks. That would have been the best way to go especially with McFaker pulling up lame.

It would eb like getting 2 drafy picks