jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants demote 2 starters

The Giants demoted two of their defensive linemen to 2nd string Osi Umenyiora and Fred Robbins To start in their place are Kiwanuka and Canty Because they lost the last 5 out 6 games Well I guess the Giants gave up on this season I can see the line jumping now You sit 2 of your best players on D When you WR need stickem I can see Tom Coughlin up in buff next yr

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow wtf kind of move is that? Makes 0 sense at all...demote Osi.

Coughlin must want out to do something tarded like this move...I mean really?

jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here the story didnt copy the whole thing
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The struggling New York Giants continued to tinker with their defensive line on Friday, demoting longtime starting end Osi Umenyiora and starting tackle Fred Robbins to the second unit during practice.
    Mathias Kiwanuka replaced Umenyiora and Chris Canty took Robbins' place on the first unit.
    New York has lost five of its last six games and is hoping to salvage its season going into a key NFC East matchup at home against Dallas.

NFC East blog

ESPN.com's Matt Mosley writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.Blog network: NFL Nation

If the changes remain in place Sunday, it would mark the first time since 2004 that former Pro Bowler Umenyiora did not start when healthy and the first time since 2007 that Robbins was a reserve

Shahbucks
    Shahbucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

They rotate a lot anyway

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exactly. Kiwanuka and Canty get plenty of playing time.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

They should've done this weeks ago. Canty & Kiwi are better anyway. It's one of those things where the vets were given too much "benefit of the doubt". In any case, this team needs a kick in the ass. This is a godd way to shake things up.

Shahbucks
    Shahbucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Coaches make these type of moves to motivate guys.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

GMen get it done this weekend