BrownTown
    BrownTown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Looking at total for tonight ... MNF

What does the hoody do best? He finds a weakness in his opponent and he exploits that weakness. What is the biggest weakness for the Saints on Defense? Stopping the run.

The way I see this game, I don't think the total will win or lose by a few points. I see this thing going Way under or WAY over ... based upon gameplan. We all know how explosive both offenses are. But in games likes this, what can't be factored in is gameplan ... will one coach want to grind it out on the ground to keep the other QB/Offense off the field.

My sense is this game goes over ... mainly because NO has not seen an opponent like NE all year, really. I think they get down early and then are forced to throw it around and probably beat NE secondary.

I am interested to see what everyone else things about this angle ... tough game to cap IMO. I see this ending in a 38-34 win for the Pats tonight ...

marabdl86
    marabdl86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go under, Pats have to manage clock to beat the Saints.

Hammondr
    Hammondr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

really struggling to call this game was thinking about going over on NE 27.5 (4tds) but it is high

BrownTown

But the problem is ... both QB's on average put up 3 TD's per game. This one is way too hard to pick a side ... I think the over is the play the more I look at this one.

CollegeFan
    CollegeFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game is SO tough to pick.

If this game ends up being a ground game it goes UNDER. Yet, you can't ignore Brady throwing to Moss and Welker, and if those three get in a groove this game could go WAY over.

Seriously this seems like a coin flip on how the game will go.

Hammondr
    Hammondr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

moss total Receiving yards 90.5, walker total Receiving yards 91.5

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

best to wait until half in this one or ingame if you can. small lean to saints and over but i'll be waiting till i see something.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I really think the under is the play here. Seems to easy to take the over. I see New England running more often with a lot of draw plays and short passes to welker chewing up clock. The saints can also run well.

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

I have bounced back and forth on this total. Seems like over 70% of bettors are on the over. My thought is both of these teams are capable of running the football and I believe both teams want to establish this early to avoid the other team offense from being on the field. The reason for that is the desire to tire out the defense going into the 2nd half. In the Patriots recent games with the Colts you see the Pats D completely gassed in the 2nd half and the impact this has had on the outcome of the game. I think the play here is Under 56.5 but a 2ndH over of 27.5 is a strong play as well. I wouldn't be panicked to push the over for the 2ndH if the halftime score is like 14-10 or something. That said for the game, I see both teams being in the 20s, keeping this total under for the game.

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by maseda17 View Post
    i have bounced back and forth on this total. Seems like over 70% of bettors are on the over. My thought is both of these teams are capable of running the football and i believe both teams want to establish this early to avoid the other team offense from being on the field. The reason for that is the desire to tire out the defense going into the 2nd half. In the patriots recent games with the colts you see the pats d completely gassed in the 2nd half and the impact this has had on the outcome of the game. I think the play here is under 56.5 but a 2ndh over of 27.5 is a strong play as well. I wouldn't be panicked to push the over for the 2ndh if the halftime score is like 14-10 or something. That said for the game, i see both teams being in the 20s, keeping this total under for the game.
    i like it i m on under

2PLAYSMAX
    2PLAYSMAX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 631

Probably going to go over. They could score 7 pts in the 1st Q and this thing is still probably going to hit 60+.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

this number is a crap shoot could be like boise st and not matter where they put the total the public gonna pound over and it still goes over i generally dont bet overs (except boise st) that being said i dont think i could take the under in this gm hard to find reasons besides both teams trying to run to like this under problem is if either team has success running it could just lead to more points as it will open up the passing gm.. ive thought about this gm long and hard and bottom line is ill take bellicheat and his defensive schemes to make more plays than saints d can come up with against brady and his band of offensive weapons. should be a great gm and unlike some ppl in here i wouldnt hate on you whatever you decided in this gm but in the end i think brady and co. flex there muscle and come out with a 7-10 point win

BrownTown

NE will try and run the ball ... keep that in mind.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

love the over, both d's are suspect right now and against good competition both teams are scoring

BrownTown

It will hit 57 by kickoff ... that is OVER 4 TD's per squad.
    Lot of points ...

2daBank

lot of points no doubt i just think my bankroll be much better served riding with the pats 2nite and whether its a shootout or not imo they can win either way and alll the love that the saints are getting just helps confirm thats the play in my mind. we all no the smart money hit ne at +3 and has drove the line down like to think joe q who loves the saints drive it back up b4 kickoff as i dont care about the points but would love to get a little extra + money on the ml

msubulldog
    msubulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cannot put my money on the under in this game; already have small play on the over. like the game a lot more and have new england moneyline for big lay. 2 weeks ago new england was getting 2 from the colts and now getting 1 1/2 from the saints. line says colts and indy would be pick on nuetral site who would you play.

new england moneyline big.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by msubulldog View Post
    I cannot put my money on the under in this game; already have small play on the over. like the game a lot more and have new england moneyline for big lay. 2 weeks ago new england was getting 2 from the colts and now getting 1 1/2 from the saints. line says colts and indy would be pick on nuetral site who would you play.

new england moneyline big.
    couldnt agree more

Lightbets
    Lightbets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    couldnt agree more

I dissagree here. I think the Saints win @ home.

OldGlory63
    OldGlory63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

There will not be any letting up on tonights game. Both teams have the talent to come back from a from doulble digit deficit. Both Ds will be about 65% in the second half but that is when both offenses are turned loose. The key for NO is Moore and Bush..The over looks to be the best choice but I see the Saints wanting this more in front of a home crowd...Best of Luck to all...Santa is Coming...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbets View Post
    care to wager your SBR points? ill take pats w/o the points and give you even money on your 36 points

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Fade the public, take the under.
    Points Awarded:

Kool-Aid78 gave Domestic 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

if anything i'd take the under 1st half

BrownTown

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbets View Post
    Can you please save you idiotic statments like this for another site? Not being a dick ... just saying what you think will happen adds NOTHING to the conversation. Please give reasons or don't comment.

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1026

im going with the over

MR.MET.KID
    MR.MET.KID's Avatar Become A Pro!

going with the under, 57 points is way to much it could be a 31-24 game and still go under, fade the public and espn and all this hype for a big scoring game i see it being 24-17 or something like that.

Rolyrock
    Rolyrock's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over.

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTown View Post
    Can you please save you idiotic statments like this for another site? Not being a dick ... just saying what you think will happen adds NOTHING to the conversation. Please give reasons or don't comment.
    Technically he is giving his reason (albeit implied) when he says Saints at home. That's what I take from his comment.

That said I'd take over also. I don't see these 2 teams going run-crazy other than mixing it up for a better balanced offense. And "keeping the other offense off the field" argument doesnt apply here. Do you think Brady is looking to run the ball to keep Brees and Co. off the field? NO. He's thinking to score some ****ing points. Saints will opt to do the same. And if one side starts to blowout the other, I still say it'll be high scoring. Saints have shown they can put up big points when they need to catch up and Pats can too. Patriots are known for blowing out teams if and when they can - if they can bust up a 10-0 team as visitors you can bet your ass they will simply to make a statement. The only real worry for an under here is if the Saints blowout the Pats and then exercise clock management, but I think it'll be a good game tonight.

2dabank - I'll wager on Saints if your still picking Pats tonight. 50-100 points let me know if interested.

2daBank

sorry palligod..im tapped on points seems there more saint love than i anticipated..really like your reasoning for the over just not sure i can ride with a bet that 70% of ppl are taking

italiano22
    italiano22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nutsack

AKATDOG
    AKATDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

saints and the under, lets go DEF!!