Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

new concussion awareness is affecting NFL bigtime

Big Ben out - Steelers lose by a FG.
    Kurt Warner out - Cards lose by a FG.

Last year they would have played in these games. A little more of this Goodell stuff and nobody will be allowed to even touch the QB. I don't want players to get hurt, but if you're really that concerned go play some other sport.
    Points Awarded:

Kool-Aid78 gave Dark Horse 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Brakon00
    bobcats, pistons, bulls
    Brakon00's Avatar Become A Pro!

i 100% agree.....let these quarterbacks or other nfl players who have had concussions from serious helmet to helmet contact and let them play and risk their career and being able to have a functioning brain...0% agree....let them rest and recover

.... dark horse...are you typing with a concussion??? because there is no way the NFL will allow players to play any more after getting head injuries the next week or 2.......how about you get a concussion from a 275 pound defensive linebacker smashing into your head at 15 mph head on collision........now then we'll be able to discuss this..o wait u wont be able too.....concussion....right!......ehh... i thought so bro

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Is that one sentence, or are you trying to illustrate your point?

I don't want football to change into something where injuries are avoided at all cost. It's a collision sport. At least it was, until Goodell came on the scene.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 11-30-09 at 09:16 AM.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Don't mind Brakon, he has a hard time forming thoughts. OP i think you've combined two entirely different ideas into 1 though. Concussions need to be taken very seriously, I actually agree with the new rule of holding them out the rest of the game the head injury occurred in, being held out the following week has not been determined yet but may also be necessary. On the other hand some of the flags being thrown for roughing the passer or contacting the QB's helmet are an absolute joke. I totally agree with that rule being reviewed and changed. Otherwise lets just put a red jersey on the QB during live games and just make them totally untouchable.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree Dark Horse, thought both those guys would play this week but the commish's feelings probably made clubs sit them down? Being in Philly, DeSean Jackson had supposedly mild concussion yesterday, something years ago probably wouldn't even consider sitting out the following week! on this one? Plus Drew Rosenhaus is his new agent?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Big Ben out - Steelers lose by a FG.
    Kurt Warner out - Cards lose by a FG.

Last year they would have played in these games. A little more of this Goodell stuff and nobody will be allowed to even touch the QB. I don't want players to get hurt, but if you're really that concerned go play some other sport.
    BINGO!!!!

Goodell has ruined the NFL, its not football anymore, too many stupid rules, too many stupid flags in the games, its ****ed up

**** NFL, I woud rather watch college football, less silly flags, NFL has become less physical than college football.

Goodell and some dumb ****ing owners have ruined the NFL.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 11-30-09 at 10:26 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Kool-Aid78 gave Scorpion 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Goodell is doing the right thing for the league and the players. It is a contact sport but let's face it we dont need to see guys going brain dead. He has started cleaning up the mess Tagliabue left behind. The league needs these QB's to play long term and not for the rest of the season. What he is doing is the way things should be done. We should applaud him for trying to clean up this league and it's image of criminals among other things.
    Points Awarded:

Brakon00 gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Brakon00
    bobcats, pistons, bulls
    Brakon00's Avatar Become A Pro!

totally agree laker boy..good post!

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

I don't want football to change into something where injuries are avoided at all cost. It's a collision sport. At least it was, until Goodell came on the scene.
    BINGO!!!
    and here is the proof, why Hines Ward was fined 15000 by this \*\*\*\*\*\* for this legal hit?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17EGH...eature=related

I dont understand

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    BINGO!!! and here is the proof, why Hines Ward was fined 15000 by this \*\*\*\*\*\* for this legal hit? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17EGH...eature=related I dont understand
    Do we really need hits like that in football?? He broke the guys jaw, coulda paralyzed him. Why does that make the game better. Some of the illegal contact to the helmet is getting ridiculous but protecting against concussions and blind hits like this 1 is simply just the right thing to do. Go watch some MMA if your just looking to see big hits.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

make them rest, sports are not that important. I remember hearing their is some helmet for the NHL that can reduce brains injuries over the long run by 23%, i think it was. Only 8 guys in the nhl wear it because the rest say it is too uncomfortable...

It should be a rule these helmets are used. And they need a new helmet for the nfl.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Just how many QB's in the history of the NFL do you know with permanent brain damage?

What we're seeing right now is a kneejerk reaction to the latest hot topic. With Roger f*cking Goodell as the homo cheerleader. It's absurd that Warner and Roethlisberger didn't play. They would have played in every previous season, and would have been fine.

What about boxing and UFC? Football is a violent sport. You're supposed to get your brains busted in once in a while. If you don't like it, go play ping pong.

Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Keep it that way. Too many rule changes already.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-01-09 at 10:47 AM.

FishFace5

C'MON OP. You sound super ignorant in that last post. Guys are bigger and faster first of all. They learn new information about the severity of concussions everyday. Do you disagree with the research?? Go talk to Merrill Hodge bout concussions? You watched any MMA lately? How quick do they stop fights?? You need to rethink your position here, just doesn't make sense.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

lol.

I'm sorry, but I'm from the generation that cheered at the devastating Ronnie Lott type hits. Unfortunately there now seems to be a large group of 'men' that worries immediately if such a hit wasn't overly inhumane. That's like watching a football game with women. I love women, but nothing is more annoying.

It's not just the hard hits, but the entire sissification of the game. I've now seen two games where the Colts, behind by 14 or more points, get a phantom pass interference call that puts them right back in the game. Who needs that kind of crap?

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

Has anyone heard the study where they say the NFL would actually be safer if they played with no helmets? It seems really counter-intuitive, but they are arguing with no helmet players would protect their head a lot more. They compared head injuries in helmet vs no-helmet eras, and players are actually more likely to have a head injury now (with a helmet) than then.

Not sure how much I agree with it (or if the conclusion is justified), but it's interesting food for thought.
    Last edited by Indecent; 12-01-09 at 11:34 AM.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

It will be even more significant in the near future. Be prepared for BIG CHANGE in football. No way out, this is MAJOR.

More information, carefully hidden from the public, is getting out. You have seen that some players from 35 years ago are "ga-ga", "punchy", "coo-coo" and they were 35-50 pounds lighter, before protein, steroids, HGH, and superior weight training methods were available! More info on the old timers is coming out, you all have probably seen some. Boxing is much, much safer than this game.

Would you go back in there if you were Kurt or Big Ben or Jason Smith, D. Jackson, etc, etc, etc???

Who will let their son play football when this all comes out?

Cannot fight influx of sophisticated PED's, so only solution, exclusive from SerbOne, is weight limits, per player, per position. e.g. lineman, say 265, linebackers 220, etc. Total weigh of OL limited to "x", etc. Final details to be determined after carefull analysis. Different for NCAA and NFL.

Weigh ins day before the game, allow some leeway, total per line,a few players can be a few pounds over with some flexible parameters.

This will eliminate most PED's and ridiculous excessive weight programs, big, fast, 330 lb killer lineman!

Otherwise, what, no hitting below the thighs or above the chest? Touch the QB with two hands and he
    is "down"?

Need to get better technology for helmets, some foam on OUTSIDE of helmet, sacrifice appearance for safety.

Questions on anyting? Ask SerbOne.
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-01-09 at 12:08 PM.

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Need to get better technology for helmets, some foam on OUTSIDE of helmet, sacrifice appearance for safety.

Questions on anyting? Ask SerbOne.
    From what I've read(can't find my source now), they would need approx. 4 inches of padding with current helmet technology to absorb the hits.

jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

In away im glad Ben sat he had 4 in 2 yrs sure he wanted to play and the DR"S said NO. If he got one good hit to the head in that game who knows how his brain would of been So hats off to the nfl DR's He might of thought he was a bens gals

jerseykingpin

Just how many QB's in the history of the NFL do you know with permanent brain damage?

What we're seeing right now is a kneejerk reaction to the latest hot topic. With Roger f*cking Goodell as the homo cheerleader. It's absurd that Warner and Roethlisberger didn't play. They would have played in every previous season, and would have been fine.

What about boxing and UFC? Football is a violent sport. You're supposed to get your brains busted in once in a while. If you don't like it, go play ping pong.

Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Keep it that way. Too many rule changes already.
    HOW MANY QB ARE OUT THERE TALKING ABOUT THIS AND THATS WHY THEIR NOT PLAYING ANY MORE THE HIT TO THE HEAD here let me hit you with a bat once or twice a week and lets see how you feel Comming from a guy who sat in the stands watching the game from pee wee through high school play the game just once and im not talking about on play station AND HOW MANY BOXERS LETS SEE TALK TO ANY OF THEM GEE A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE IS WEEPNER AND ASK HIM HIS NAME SEE WHAT YOU GET
    Last edited by jerseykingpin; 12-01-09 at 02:54 PM.

jerseykingpin

lol.

I'm sorry, but I'm from the generation that cheered at the devastating Ronnie Lott type hits. Unfortunately there now seems to be a large group of 'men' that worries immediately if such a hit wasn't overly inhumane. That's like watching a football game with women. I love women, but nothing is more annoying.

It's not just the hard hits, but the entire sissification of the game. I've now seen two games where the Colts, behind by 14 or more points, get a phantom pass interference call that puts them right back in the game. Who needs that kind of crap?
    And all those playes are asking for help with there HEAD and other injuries gee you realy follow football Im 43 and I played the game from pee wee through high school and tell my body and head about it