frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

NFL Hall of Fame is a joke

Strahan, Andre Reed. Tim Brown should of gotten in before Reed and Kevin Greene before Strahan. Strahan just got in because his buddies are all in the media. Charles Haley was a much more dominant player then Strahan. Glad a punter finally got in though, LOL.
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave frostno98 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

its the non pete Rose baseball hall of fame and the joke who give a phuck baseball wirters that are jokes..Canton is pretty cool and anybody special will get in...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Lot of bums getting into hofames in all sports lately.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's media garbage, same as all the other awards that are decided by voting rather than winning actual games.

Husker1020
    Husker1020's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5680

Total joke Will Shields not getting in.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All halls are watered down now

it does not mean much

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Reed was better than tim brown.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Not HOF but what rivers do to get comeback player of the year? I thought that's for players who come back from devastating injuries to play at a high level the following season.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Not HOF but what rivers do to get comeback player of the year? I thought that's for players who come back from devastating injuries to play at a high level the following season.
    "The National Football League Comeback Player of the Year Award refers to a number of awards that are given to an NFL player who has shown perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance."

Obviously several players were deserving this year and Rivers was definitely one of them.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

well, say what you want, but it's about effin' time Ray Guy got in!...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Next time Haley defends a run play will be the 1st time.. Gimme a break w saying he more deserving than gap tooth.. Only knock on Strahan was the garbage way he and Favre conspired to cheat the sack record. But who gives a shit the whole nfl watered down trash, every passing stat these days a sham, they gonna add playoff teams, the most successful defenses are the 1s that have taken o-linemans philosophy and hold on every play knowing refs not gonna throw the flag every time (although I have a sneaky suspicion they may call pi or holding all day 2marro to gift wrap your gimp armed "legend" another sb).. So bottom line is the hall might as well be a joke seeing how the whole fuckin sport is turning to dogs shit cause apparently they don't have enough money yet..

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Next time Haley defends a run play will be the 1st time.. Gimme a break w saying he more deserving than gap tooth.. Only knock on Strahan was the garbage way he and Favre conspired to cheat the sack record. But who gives a shit the whole nfl watered down trash, every passing stat these days a sham, they gonna add playoff teams, the most successful defenses are the 1s that have taken o-linemans philosophy and hold on every play knowing refs not gonna throw the flag every time (although I have a sneaky suspicion they may call pi or holding all day 2marro to gift wrap your gimp armed "legend" another sb).. So bottom line is the hall might as well be a joke seeing how the whole fuckin sport is turning to dogs shit cause apparently they don't have enough money yet..
    this is my one and only concern as it pertains to tomorrow's game...the Peyton Manning man crush angle and how the NFL would love to see him get another ring to solidify his greatness and ride off in the sunset as a winner...Refs might call the game extremely tight and give the Bronco WR's the benefit of the doubt......Hope I am wrong as I am all over Seattle tomorrow.
    Points Awarded:

face gave Da Manster! 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    this is my one and only concern as it pertains to tomorrow's game...the Peyton Manning man crush angle and how the NFL would love to see him get another ring to solidify his greatness and ride off in the sunset as a winner...Refs might call the game extremely tight and give the Bronco WR's the benefit of the doubt......Hope I am wrong as I am all over Seattle tomorrow.
    It a huge concern for me.. I'm playing sea but not for anything serious. Sea corners do hold and maintain contact after 5 yards, hell that the only way to even attempt to play d anymore. Pats pretty much set that standard years ago, but unlike last year and multiple other superbowls I think it a lot more likely to be called much more freely in this 1...

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Reed was better than tim brown.

thank goodness less than 24 hours to go with this

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Wow T Brown still waiting UN fukking real!! The guy only retired 2nd behind Rice in all major receiving records and was a special teams guy. And to boot unlike Rice he did it without 3 mvp two of whom are hof's throwing him the ball his whole career. Lb once again showing your lack of football knowledge thinking Reed was better than Brown.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

[QUOTE=frostno98;21049412] Charles Haley was a much more dominant player then Strahan.
    Haley was a 2 time All-Pro & 5 time Pro Bowl, Strahan made All-Pro 6 times and the Pro Bowl 7.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Wow T Brown still waiting UN fukking real!! The guy only retired 2nd behind Rice in all major receiving records and was a special teams guy. And to boot unlike Rice he did it without 3 mvp two of whom are hof's throwing him the ball his whole career. Lb once again showing your lack of football knowledge thinking Reed was better than Brown.

ok we all know (besides LB) that brown better than reed but dont act like he right there with rice.. those "mvps" were gained because they were throwing rice the ball, those qbs didnt make rice, if anything rice and that offense made those qbs..

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

haley and greene way over the overrated strahan. Shields should of went. Tim brown was a joke player

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I was not taking anything away from Rice Banker he is the goat. You are reading into it all wrong. My point was more a prop to Brown for being second to the goat while having mostly scrubs and journeymen tossing him the ball his whole career. Brown never had the luxury of even having a 5 year run with one elite Qb.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

Haley totally deserves to be in there

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Tim Brown, Ben Coates, Jerome Bettis, Morten Andersen, Karl Mecklenberg should all be in there. Several linemen should be in...tough to make it as a good lineman on a bad team.