killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Broncos win.. Peyton MVP

There is no way Peyton does NOT get MVP (currently at +105) if they win on Sunday. Chances he has to lose would be a game ending injury, run the entire game, or low scoring and a defensive player get winning score. Low, low chances of those happening with the MVP going to the QB the past 5+ years.

I know it's a small +line but it seems to be a better angle than to just take the spread.

Add to the fact Seahawks ML is + and you couldn't lose money this superbowl. Both sides covered.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Makes no sense at that price to take him.
    If you just take Denver moneyline instead of that bet, it's not that much of a difference.
    Worst price on the board.
    It's not like he can lose the game and win the MVP.
    So basically, not only do you need Denver to win, but you need to make sure no one else goes off.

This is a common sense pass at +105. Zero value whatsoever when you can just lay the small juice on Denver to win the game at -120 and not have to worry about it.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    If you just take Denver moneyline instead of that bet, it's not that much of a difference.
    So basically, not only do you need Denver to win, but you need to make sure no one else goes off.

This is a common sense pass at +105. Zero value whatsoever when you can just lay the small juice on Denver to win the game at -120 and not have to worry about it.
    Idk how you can say +105 and -120 is not a big difference... 25 cents less is just about a 25% pay cut on your wager and that is huge. Nobody going off on Denver will help the broncos win if Peyton doesn't have an amazing game himself. Add in the fact that even if someone manages two touchdown returns, there is a chance that Peyton still overshadows that. Also, as you know, he is having a record breaking historic year, going off that alone, there is almost 0 chance that he doesn't get the mvp if his team wins. Add in the fact that the hawks pass defense is slightly worse than the run defense and this is as solid of a play as you can make.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    Idk how you can say +105 and -120 is not a big difference... 25 cents less is just about a 25% pay cut on your wager and that is huge. Nobody going off on Denver will help the broncos win if Peyton doesn't have an amazing game himself. Add in the fact that even if someone manages two touchdown returns, there is a chance that Peyton still overshadows that. Also, as you know, he is having a record breaking historic year, going off that alone, there is almost 0 chance that he doesn't get the mvp if his team wins. Add in the fact that the hawks pass defense is slightly worse than the run defense and this is as solid of a play as you can make.
    0 value though, like I said.
    No one is arguing he isn't pretty much a lock to win it.
    If he wasn't playing the best defense in the NFL it would be different.
    Laying the 20 cents extra on the moneyline makes way more sense, especially with Seattle's defense.
    Could be one huge defensive play that makes the difference in a low scoring battle.
    The risk is too high for the reward here dude.
    It's not like Denver is a lock to drop 4 td's on that defense.
    Although I hope that is the case.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

BetOnline is showing +120 if anyone has money there.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm saying if your leaning on taking ONE side it's definitely something to consider... nothing guaranteed. What I was saying was if you wanted to take both sides, hypothetically, you wouldn't lose with both sides giving you + money. I'm glad Jikos explained it for me as I knew it would be misconstrued eventually. As much as the media is focusing on the Denver side.. it's Peyton this and Peyton that. Where as Seattle its the Lynch drama and Sherman's mouth and Wilsons first SB.. it could either way. The fact is that the QB USUALLY gets the fame and the MVP accordingly. Mannings name is already on the trophy.. he just has to win the game. And yes.. +105 and -120 is a difference when you are thinking about putting more than 1 or 2 hundred on the side alone.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

yeah maybe +140 or better you have some value. but maybe moreno gets the call on goalline situations ends up with 2 or 3 td's too many things can keep it from peyton

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    yeah maybe +140 or better you have some value. but maybe moreno gets the call on goalline situations ends up with 2 or 3 td's too many things can keep it from peyton

I was thinking around +150
    Again, if he wasn't playing the #1 defense in this game it would be a different story.
    Hard to see Manning getting 300 yards here either way.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

I don't know....Peyton really didn't do much in the 07 SB since Indy ran the ball so well and Rex Grossman is Rex Grossman so he didn't have to but they still gave it to him!