dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    ok well best you move on. The fact you keep checking in to a gambling forum is a sign you are not totally over gambling.
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you.
    I see nothing wrong with myself participating in this discussion as long as I'm not betting.
    I was trying to help the OP pleading him to not place the bet but since I see I'm falling on deaf ears then I really have no reason to continue trying to convince him to stop.

He would stop only once he recognizes he has a problem, until then I feel sorry for him for not appreciating the hard earned money he has... but I don't blame, I was in a similar position, I can only understand, sympathize and wish him and you all the best.

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

dontknowhowtobet may have a point. gambling can become a serious blood sucking addiction leaving one broke and miserly. over time iv win a lot and lost a lot as well but personally would never encourage anyone to do it. At the end of the day people will do as they please whether they profit from it or fall deep into an endless pit of debt.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    dontknowhowtobet may have a point. gambling can become a serious blood sucking addiction leaving one broke and miserly. over time iv win a lot and lost a lot as well but personally would never encourage anyone to do it. At the end of the day people will do as they please whether they profit from it or fall deep into an endless pit of debt.
    Swaggy P,

It's good to hear some reasonable and logic feedback.
    Gambling can indeed become a blood sucking addiction and it can affect anyone, rich or poor, it doesn't matter.
    People who used to own mansions lost their entire assets to gambling.

I agree with you some people would do as they please, just like the OP seems to not care he lost $14,600 as if that was money to buy a bottle of water or something ... but the "endless pit of debt" is not far away not from him and not from anyone else.

You can have lots of money and you can lose thousands of dollars in a day ... actually, scratch the last part ... not in a day, in a few minutes!

The guy has serious issues, betting on event he cannot watch, regardless if he "knows" the teams he was betting on a game of chance ... Denver "could" have won yesterday but they failed. Gambling is not predictable.

Having knowledge and statistics on teams is the same as "knowing" the last 20 results in a Roulette ... you stand same chance whilst all the odds are against you.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    Swaggy P,

Gambling can indeed become a blood sucking addiction and it can affect anyone, rich or poor, it doesn't matter.

I agree with you some people would do as they please, just like the OP seems to not care he lost $14,600 as if that was money to buy a bottle of water or something ... but the "endless pit of debt" is not far away not from him and not from anyone else.

You can have lots of money and you can lose thousands of dollars in a day ... actually, scratch the last part ... not in a day, in a few minutes!

The guy has serious issues, betting on event he cannot watch, regardless if he "knows" the teams he was betting on a game of chance ... Denver "could" have won yesterday but they failed. Gambling is not predictable.

Having knowledge and statistics on teams is the same as "knowing" the last 20 results in a Roulette ... you stand same chance whilst all the odds are against you.

I think you are trying to do the right thing here but with that said,

It is nothing like knowing the last 20 results in roulette.

Granted I like the original OP have done something silly like go "All In" trying to make that score, but that was well before forums even existed. Everyone has their own path to 55%, and some must get slapped around a bit before learning money management.

handicapping a teams mental state and how they must feel after a certain loss, a certain win, or if they have a look ahead game is nothing like roulette. How team A will rebound or dominate certain facets of the game vs team b is a skill.
    Granted I can't control whether team A will randomly make 20 3 pointers out of 25 or team B gets in foul trouble. I can and have found ways to hedge / find angles and use sociology in order to attain the 55.

everyone has their own path and it seems the OP realizes he made a mistake and said (I'll wait til baseball etc) hopefully during that time he will realize without money management he has no shot.

Again I do think your trying to do the right thing here but many people on this forum are successful moving money in certain situations where it is advantageous.

I am no million dollar bettor but I have been able to make a decent amount of money with proper money management with my hobby.

Everyone has their own way of spending their disposable income, whether it be strip clubs... Golf (which I have spent thousands on) or even gambling.

The key is proper money management. If you can scratch out a profit or even a small loss per year and get hundreds of hours of enjoyment its not really gambling.

I took my lady to a dinner and movie the other night - total bill was around $140 and I had zero chance to make anything except a baby lol.

Just saying you should be preaching money management and spending only disposable income.

If thats the case I'm with ya 100%

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    I think you are trying to do the right thing here but with that said,

It is nothing like knowing the last 20 results in roulette.

Granted I like the original OP have done something silly like go "All In" trying to make that score, but that was well before forums even existed. Everyone has their own path to 55%, and some must get slapped around a bit before learning money management.

handicapping a teams mental state and how they must feel after a certain loss, a certain win, or if they have a look ahead game is nothing like roulette. How team A will rebound or dominate certain facets of the game vs team b is a skill.
    Granted I can't control whether team A will randomly make 20 3 pointers out of 25 or team B gets in foul trouble. I can and have found ways to hedge / find angles and use sociology in order to attain the 55.

everyone has their own path and it seems the OP realizes he made a mistake and said (I'll wait til baseball etc) hopefully during that time he will realize without money management he has no shot.

Again I do think your trying to do the right thing here but many people on this forum are successful moving money in certain situations where it is advantageous.

I am no million dollar bettor but I have been able to make a decent amount of money with proper money management with my hobby.

Everyone has their own way of spending their disposable income, whether it be strip clubs... Golf (which I have spent thousands on) or even gambling.

The key is proper money management. If you can scratch out a profit or even a small loss per year and get hundreds of hours of enjoyment its not really gambling.

I took my lady to a dinner and movie the other night - total bill was around $140 and I had zero chance to make anything except a baby lol.

Just saying you should be preaching money management and spending only disposable income.

If thats the case I'm with ya 100%
    wise words

dontknowhowtobet

Swaggy P,

Koldazzice,

I think the difference between us is that you believe in something called "money management" whilst I don't.
    Have you come across this article?

http://www.gamblingfactsandfictions.com/id25.htm

I'm quoting:
    "There is not any skill involved in sports betting and this fact had better be realized or your bankroll is doomed. You absolutely can never predict the outcome of sports events with enough accuracy against the house edge to break even let alone ever make money. Nobody on this earth can make money betting against a sports bookie. You had better believe that."

And:
    "Sports bettors are even bigger "geniuses" in analyzing games after the games are over than are horse race bettors in analyzing races after the races are over. Horse race bettors usually quickly forget about the race that was just lost and then move on to the next race. Sports bettors sometimes will mull over the game that was just played. They will think about the various situations and problems that happened in the game that caused the bet to win or lose. They may reflect on the game for some weeks, months or longer believing that this may help to handicap another game down the road. They may even remember the game for next season or for years to come, thinking this may help to evaluate the game plans of a coach or the tendencies of a team. This is a form of Monday morning quarterbacking. The expression "Monday morning quarterback" got this name because most professional football games are played on Sundays. Then on Monday after the games are over, everyone is a game analysis expert when they have all of the game scores. When the games are over, only then is any sports bettor a sports handicapping expert."

These are facts, Koldazzice.
    I don't know how long you've been gambling, and you might as you said "made some money" but being honest ... can this be your 100% full time job? Not to talk about the ethical and moral values involved, but being completely straightforward with yourself - can you make a living out of gambling? Be honest.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiefalconfan View Post
    Not gonna lie it hurt a little, anyway going to sit out now for abit at least till MLB/nrl starts have a good one guys
    Here's a stand up gambler.

Guy posts that he has a large bet. Posts in the same thread that he's guaranteed to eat some sh*t in. No "guarantees" to stop posting if he loses. Doesn't back track or pull some "reverse fade" bullsh** after it loses.

Just posts his pick, loses the bet, but moves on.

Rare

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Don'ter bet i could quit gambling if i got the right odds

tommygun

Koldazzice,

I think the difference between us is that you believe in something called "money management" whilst I don't.
    Have you come across this article?

http://www.gamblingfactsandfictions.com/id25.htm

I'm quoting:
    "There is not any skill involved in sports betting and this fact had better be realized or your bankroll is doomed. You absolutely can never predict the outcome of sports events with enough accuracy against the house edge to break even let alone ever make money. Nobody on this earth can make money betting against a sports bookie. You had better believe that."

And:
    "Sports bettors are even bigger "geniuses" in analyzing games after the games are over than are horse race bettors in analyzing races after the races are over. Horse race bettors usually quickly forget about the race that was just lost and then move on to the next race. Sports bettors sometimes will mull over the game that was just played. They will think about the various situations and problems that happened in the game that caused the bet to win or lose. They may reflect on the game for some weeks, months or longer believing that this may help to handicap another game down the road. They may even remember the game for next season or for years to come, thinking this may help to evaluate the game plans of a coach or the tendencies of a team. This is a form of Monday morning quarterbacking. The expression "Monday morning quarterback" got this name because most professional football games are played on Sundays. Then on Monday after the games are over, everyone is a game analysis expert when they have all of the game scores. When the games are over, only then is any sports bettor a sports handicapping expert."

These are facts, Koldazzice.
    I don't know how long you've been gambling, and you might as you said "made some money" but being honest ... can this be your 100% full time job? Not to talk about the ethical and moral values involved, but being completely straightforward with yourself - can you make a living out of gambling? Be honest.
    This sounds like loser talk to me, someone who couldn't hack it, the above does not refer to everyone either maybe a handful of bettors, but not everyone.
    At SBR we are all a bunch of fukkin winners isn't that right boys, tell him!

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Don'ter bet i could quit gambling if i got the right odds
    Ha Ha ... I like that.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    This sounds like loser talk to me, someone who couldn't hack it, the above does not refer to everyone either maybe a handful of bettors, but not everyone.
    At SBR we are all a bunch of fukkin winners isn't that right boys, tell him!
    You speak too many times with "we" ...
    "we are all winners" ... "we should tell him we're winners" "are we right boys" ... "we we we we" ....

Look, your bank account is yours and yours only, right?
    Aussie Falcon Fan has his own bank account, you don't have access to it, right?
    Same with me, I don't have access to your or his account, but you neither.

So there is no we.
    When he lost $15k he lost it, his bank account suffered the debt, not me nor you.

Does he feel like a winner now? Absolutely not.
    Are there lots of people like him? Tons.
    Would these people agree with you calling themselves "the winners" claiming "we are group of winners blah blah blah"? No.

So there is no we.
    There is you.
    There is me.
    There are others.

You can't speak on behalf of others, it's just wrong, simply wrong.

tommygun

You speak too many times with "we" ...
    "we are all winners" ... "we should tell him we're winners" "are we right boys" ... "we we we we" ....

Look, your bank account is yours and yours only, right?
    Aussie Falcon Fan has his own bank account, you don't have access to it, right?
    Same with me, I don't have access to your or his account, but you neither.

So there is no we.
    When he lost $15k he lost it, his bank account suffered the debt, not me nor you.

Does he feel like a winner? I doubt it.
    Are there lots of people like him? Tons.
    Would these people agree with you calling themselves "the winners" claiming "we are group of winners blah blah blah"? No.

So there is no we.
    There is you.
    There is me.
    There are others.

You can't speak on behalf of others, it's just wrong, simply wrong.
    Take your own advice pal. Preach else where.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Aussie is a big bettor he can handle these loses

I know the guy

He will get it back down the road

Kid a smart bettor

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Can't tell if sarcasm or not...

tommygun

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Aussie is a big bettor he can handle these loses

I know the guy

He will get it back down the road

Kid a smart bettor
    smart bettor? $15k is really smart or really dumb. this time it didn't work out.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Konck get back in your hole fool

First 1234