strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

How Can You Fade Peyton?

Everything is pointing to a Denver victory for me. Few things:

1) Denver's Defense is underrated as hell, especially their run defense. Marshawn will get his but I think he's controlled. If you can hold Brady to 1 point per quarter for the first 3 quarters you can do anything.

2) The Peyton in Bad Weather thing has to stop, yes it can play a factor but everyone leaning Seahawks because of this... I can just see Peyton getting the ball first and scoring a TD first drive shutting everyone up. Rip your ticket up now. Seahawks not having the 12th man + Peyton in cold weather is a wash at the least. I was at century link this past sunday and Christ titties it is so damn loud. Literally had to cover my ears like a little girl. You can feel your eardrums vibrating. If you don't think 12th man doesn't seriously help create turnovers die.

3) We just witnessed the greatest offense OF ALL TIME, lead by a man of destiny. Seahawks didn't play any top 8 offenses but who cares? We can all agree they are the best Defense. But why wouldn't you take the greatest offense? No matter how you slice it, the offense always has an advantage. Peyton knows the play, defense doesn't. Receivers know what route they're going to run, defense doesn't. Obviously same goes against Denver but nobody touching this offense. Peyton has a full two weeks to master his game plan. Like mark Jackson said (mark Jackson ) "good defense, just better offense."

4) Peyton is a man of destiny. Ravens didn't have a shot to win it last year but they did, because they were supposed to, Ray Lewis was a man of destiny. This superbowl crap isn't about the better team its about the story line. And America hates Sherman and Peyton is here to save America and win a ring in his brothers house like Eli did in his 2 years ago.

5) It's a square as a statement as they come but you did you guys see Seahawks in centurylink after sundays game compared to Broncos in their house after beating Pats? HELL YOU WOULDA THOUGHT SEAHAWKS JUST WON THE SUPERBOWL! Oh wait no they didn't they won the NFC title. I agree with the whole Seahawks Superbowl was played this past sunday. It just felt Seahawks put so much emotion into the W and broncos had that laxed "okay onto the next one" mentality.

Peyton gets his 2nd this year my dudes.

I only wagered a prop bet in these playoffs which I lost, how 49ers didn't call the first timeout in centurylink is beyond me. And I have no credibility but I believe Denver ML (-135) is as sharp as they come folks.

Ill post my ticket day of, hoping public jumps on seattle as the weather becomes more definite.

My wager: Denver Broncos (ML) - $1,350 to win $1,000

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

I'm undecided as of now. It's a pretty difficult game to cap. But I think betting the Broncos and losing would somehow be easier to live with than betting the Seahawks and losing. That, I think, is the Peyton Manning factor.

For myself, if I wagered on Seattle and the Broncos go out and claim victory in businesslike fashion, as they are apt to do, I'd probably be left kicking myself wondering what possessed me to oppose Peyton freaking Manning in the biggest game of the year.......But if the Seahawks are fortunate enough to win, they will have to earn it every step of the way. It would most likely be a great game with a fantastic finish, making a Bronco bet worth the risk.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    Everything is pointing to a Denver victory for me. Few things:

1) Denver's Defense is underrated as hell, especially their run defense. Marshawn will get his but I think he's controlled. If you can hold Brady to 1 point per quarter for the first 3 quarters you can do anything.

2) The Peyton in Bad Weather thing has to stop, yes it can play a factor but everyone leaning Seahawks because of this... I can just see Peyton getting the ball first and scoring a TD first drive shutting everyone up. Rip your ticket up now. Seahawks not having the 12th man + Peyton in cold weather is a wash at the least. I was at century link this past sunday and Christ titties it is so damn loud. Literally had to cover my ears like a little girl. You can feel your eardrums vibrating. If you don't think 12th man doesn't seriously help create turnovers die.

3) We just witnessed the greatest offense OF ALL TIME, lead by a man of destiny. Seahawks didn't play any top 8 offenses but who cares? We can all agree they are the best Defense. But why wouldn't you take the greatest offense? No matter how you slice it, the offense always has an advantage. Peyton knows the play, defense doesn't. Receivers know what route they're going to run, defense doesn't. Obviously same goes against Denver but nobody touching this offense. Peyton has a full two weeks to master his game plan. Like mark Jackson said (mark Jackson ) "good defense, just better offense."

4) Peyton is a man of destiny. Ravens didn't have a shot to win it last year but they did, because they were supposed to, Ray Lewis was a man of destiny. This superbowl crap isn't about the better team its about the story line. And America hates Sherman and Peyton is here to save America and win a ring in his brothers house like Eli did in his 2 years ago.

5) It's a square as a statement as they come but you did you guys see Seahawks in centurylink after sundays game compared to Broncos in their house after beating Pats? HELL YOU WOULDA THOUGHT SEAHAWKS JUST WON THE SUPERBOWL! Oh wait no they didn't they won the NFC title. I agree with the whole Seahawks Superbowl was played this past sunday. It just felt Seahawks put so much emotion into the W and broncos had that laxed "okay onto the next one" mentality.

Peyton gets his 2nd this year my dudes.

I only wagered a prop bet in these playoffs which I lost, how 49ers didn't call the first timeout in centurylink is beyond me. And I have no credibility but I believe Denver ML (-135) is as sharp as they come folks.

Ill post my ticket day of, hoping public jumps on seattle as the weather becomes more definite.

My wager: Denver Broncos (ML) - $1,350 to win $1,000
    Right there you lost me-in there last 10 games they played SD3x(9-7)NE 2x KC2x hou oak ten---the two best offences in that group are sd & ne- --All of the teams on that list are far below seattle defensively-Denver could win but seattle's D isn't going to get shredded.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

SD's runningback is pound pound pound, not as good but same style as Lynch. (1-2 vs peyton). KC has one of the statistical best RB's in the game and at the time a defense that was creating defensive scores up the ass, didn't even touch peyton first meeting (0-2 vs peyton). How many ppl on this forum said Blount is gonna pound his way all over broncos like they did to the colts a week before? Mustered up a helluva solid 3 points in the first 3 quarters. My point is, especially with the chargers and pats everyone said they're gonna run it and take the ball from peyton. Shit didn't work. Broncos did what they had to do, if you're not noticing the rise in Denver's D you're crazy. Seattle isn't a put up 45 every game all im saying is everyone is underestimating Denver's defense

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    SD's runningback is pound pound pound, not as good but same style as Lynch. (1-2 vs peyton). KC has one of the statistical best RB's in the game and at the time a defense that was creating defensive scores up the ass, didn't even touch peyton first meeting (0-2 vs peyton). How many ppl on this forum said Blount is gonna pound his way all over broncos like they did to the colts a week before? Mustered up a helluva solid 3 points in the first 3 quarters. My point is, especially with the chargers and pats everyone said they're gonna run it and take the ball from peyton. Shit didn't work. Broncos did what they had to do, if you're not noticing the rise in Denver's D you're crazy. Seattle isn't a put up 45 every game all im saying is everyone is underestimating Denver's defense
    Again look at who they Played their last 10 games 9-7SD 3x-2XKC's defence completely fell apart the last half of the season & NE 2x who were terribly short handed on D & were short on offensive weapons all year. Is Denver the best in the AFC? Yes
    But this SB is the best from both conf & the NFC is the better conf.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

I can fade him pretty easily. I watched a healthy Denver Bronco's get outcoached, outplayed, and thoroughly humiliated by an inferior team with an inferior QB last year. They had home field advantage and a healthy team when they got bounced by the Ravens.

One thing I haven't seen anybody mention in these Super Bowl writeups is just how bad of a coach John Fox is. The guy is a mental midget and makes retarded mistakes every game. Never have I seen him make adjustments or change strategy mid-game, not even in last year's divisional game when Torrey Smith was torching Champ Bailey for TD's.

You could make a very compelling argument that he single-handedly cost this Denver team a Super Bowl last year. You couldn't however make a very compelling argument as to why he won't do it again.

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    I can fade him pretty easily. I watched a healthy Denver Bronco's get outcoached, outplayed, and thoroughly humiliated by an inferior team with an inferior QB last year. They had home field advantage and a healthy team when they got bounced by the Ravens.

One thing I haven't seen anybody mention in these Super Bowl writeups is just how bad of a coach John Fox is. The guy is a mental midget and makes retarded mistakes every game. Never have I seen him make adjustments or change strategy mid-game, not even in last year's divisional game when Torrey Smith was torching Chump Bailey for TD's.

You could make a very compelling argument that he single-handedly cost this Denver team a Super Bowl last year. You couldn't however make a very compelling argument as to why he won't do it again.
    fixed it for ya

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

#5 is interesting logic, and definitely a fade sea if they played this week. but they have 2 weeks to recover from that game emotionally.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

It will be easy to fade him if the weather is bad

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If you like Peyton, bet him for Super Bowl MVP. If DEN wins, he wins the MVP.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Going to fade the Sheriff, but not for much $$. Would not mind seeing him get another ring, but think Seattle is the better overall team. Granted Denver's D has played well lately, but think Seattle scores enough to get the W.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

How can you ask people to stop bringing up the cold-weather thing? Peyton sucks in cold-weather. It's a fact. 2+2 = 4. Grass is green. Peyton + Bad Weather = Bad Peyton. The guy's record in game's 40 degrees and under is terrible. I don't have it on me, but it's way under .500.

herts9
    chalky mcsquare
    herts9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

most likely PMs last hurrah in the big game. throw away the records. expect nothing but what he's given all year.