Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Seahawks DB's v Niner Receivers

This is more of a heads-up to those who plan on taking the Seahawks this weekend...Could be a very stressful game to watch.

Seahawks can blanket slow Crabtree and Boldin, which normally which you think would be a good thing, but not with the way Harbaugh and the Niners beg for PI calls.

Unless it is a blow-out, the yellow flag will have a huge impact on the game.

Refs should not reward an offensive player for getting completely dominated, but that is what is happening these days. That big PI call against the Panthers ( prob a correct call) is what I am talking about. Neither the Niners receiver or QB did anything good on that play.

Kap and the Niners look to get you in a PI position more than a anything else it seems. This seems to be a big strength of Kap's with his big arm. Less time for db's to turn their heads around. Also, db's might be more reluctant to make their living in the trail position because of that...so they get in their grilll, dominate, and get flagged.

Just saying, maybe don't watch the game. Save some years off your life.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Phatman36

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn Trick View Post
    This is more of a heads-up to those who plan on taking the Seahawks this weekend...Could be a very stressful game to watch.

Seahawks can blanket slow Crabtree and Boldin, which normally which you think would be a good thing, but not with the way Harbaugh and the Niners beg for PI calls.

Refs should not reward an offensive player for getting completely dominated, but that is what is happening these days. That big PI call against the Panthers ( prob a correct call) is what I am talking about. Neither the Niners receiver or QB did anything good on that play.

Kap and the Niners look to get you in a PI position more than a anything else it seems. This seems to be a big strength of Kap's with his big arm. Less time for db's to turn their heads around. Also, db's might be more reluctant to make their living in the trail position because of that...so they get in their grilll, dominate, and get flagged.

i cant stand harbaugh and kaep anymore.....the 9ers are a bunch of bitches that push guys after a whistle hoping to get a retaliation flag
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave bobby heenan 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Boldin is my boy, but Sherman limited him to nothing last game.

Boldin can't get much seperation, but his strength usually carries the day. I'll count on Thurmond to cover Boldin.

Sherman of course will cover Crabtree this game and you heard it here first, Sherman will SHUT DOWN Crabtree.

Seattle will not blow this game in their own house.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Harbaugh is little bitch!!!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

this is a conference championship game.

the refs better let these guys play.

If they do the Seahawks will DOMINATE Bolden.

Bolden is slow as molasses and big corners shut his ass down!

He is a beast though against tiny Corners like Carolina has.

Captain Munnerlyn Panthers #1 corner is 5 foot 6

Richard Sherman is 6 foot 4.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Subjective?

DoubleR90
    DoubleR90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

I agree with your sentiment, and I hate to be that guy but in the interest of keeping numbers accurate I just wanna say Captain is 5 foot 8. Not that it makes it any difference.......okay I'll leave now

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR90 View Post
    I agree with your sentiment, and I hate to be that guy but in the interest of keeping numbers accurate I just wanna say Captain is 5 foot 8. Not that it makes it any difference.......okay I'll leave now
    oh haha i know he is short. They always mention his lack of size on the radio..

but i have to say Captain is a very likeable guy.

he has a ton of heart.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i cant stand harbaugh and kaep anymore.....the 9ers are a bunch of bitches that push guys after a whistle hoping to get a retaliation flag
    Never liked Harbaugh,sucks when I know I have to bet with those guys,dont like to cheer for the Niners.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Thurman needs to step up against Boldin. I think Sherman does lockdown Crabtree though.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

I think Vernon davis explodes in this one. Crabtree 100+ yard @ GB, Boldin +100 yards vs CAR, Vernon's turn

Percy Harvin officially ruled out for sundays nfc championship game

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Chancellor and Thomas will have to help cover Davis and he still might be timid to go for the ball over the top and not expect to get smacked. We'll see! Shall be a good game!

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn Trick View Post

I don't care for either team but sorry you don't seem very objective.

FACT: Seahawks DB's pull, grab and hold more than any team in the league. They get away with more pass interference calls than any team in the league.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I haven't seen this myself but I did hear that Sherman will not shadow any one receiver but play on the offensive left side no matter what. So if the Niners put Crabtree on the right side, Sherman won't even be covering Crabtree.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I haven't seen this myself but I did hear that Sherman will not shadow any one receiver but play on the offensive left side no matter what. So if the Niners put Crabtree on the right side, Sherman won't even be covering Crabtree.
    This is true. Hawks tend to let their DBs own one particular side/area of the field, so the matchups will change throughout the game, depending on how the 49ers line up.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post

HOLY FUKK!!!!!!

this post about made my head explode considering the title of the thread and teams in question .

There is not a team I have ever seen allowed to play with the physicality and bully demeanor like this years Seahawks

defensive backs have had free roam to do as they pleased in that regard. Especially at home. They are allowed to

do everything but murder the opponent. Hate the SheHawks and how they got to this point.

Team only had that record because they dodged a couple 5% to win bullets against shitty teams this year.

Get so charged up over this,its the only conversation in sports right now

I feel i could physically attack someone over is discussing the Seahawks season.

Especially when its in comparison to the Niners season.

I pray the Niners are allowed a fair chance at putting up some offense Sunday night.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    HOLY FUKK!!!!!!

this post about made my head explode considering the title of the thread and teams in question .

There is not a team I have ever seen allowed to play with the physicality and bully demeanor like this years Seahawks

defensive backs have had free roam to do as they pleased in that regard. Especially at home. They are allowed to

do everything but murder the opponent. Hate the SheHawks and how they got to this point.

Team only had that record because they dodged a couple 5% to win bullets against shitty teams this year.

Get so charged up over this,its the only conversation in sports right now

I feel i could physically attack someone over is discussing the Seahawks season.

Especially when its in comparison to the Niners season.

I pray the Niners are allowed a fair chance at putting up some offense Sunday night.
    The seahawks are the #1 team in the nfc
    They earned it-the niners act their V-g--'s hurt all the time as they cry & complain & whine at the officials nonstop it's pathetic.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

One of the main refs assiged for the game is very lenient towards physical play in the secondary. Put a check in Seattle's corner.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i heard this crew doesn't call PI much. only 12 or 13 all year i think. crew in denver game called 26 i believe.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good Wide Receivers always win out against good DB's

Its the way the rules are

SF the play

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't really understand why some people seem to think the 49ers complain more about calls than any other team in the NFL. Every team complains when they think a call was missed. And people giving Seattle an edge due to the lenient ref, that only gives Seattle and edge when they play less physical teams. The 49ers aren't a less physical team.

MoneyzForSportz
    MoneyzForSportz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Hopefully the outcome isn't determined by the refs because this one is going to get chippy. The league is set up to favor high scoring games because it is what the fans want to see which really sucks because the defense gets called for everything.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

People complain about Harbaugh, F Pete Carroll. He's a little B*tch.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good Wide Receivers always win out against good DB's

Its the way the rules are

SF the play
    Sharps are on the Seahawks.

This is how Kaep performed against Seahawks defense home field advantage:

San Francisco 3, Seattle 29
    covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2013-2014/boxscore37622.html

San Francisco 13, Seattle 42
    covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2012-2013/boxscore31049.html

I have the Patriots and Seahawks in a two team 7 point teaser.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

If the Refs aren't gonna call holding in this game, its up to the 9ers to complain less and hold more on defense. These opportunities come too rarely, you have to find a way to win no matter what.

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    i heard this crew doesn't call PI much. only 12 or 13 all year i think. crew in denver game called 26 i believe.
    I checked into this a few days back as well this is pretty accurate. But the link dfish posted is very interesting and hopefully true. I want to see a clean game and fair calling on both sides; this game will likely be extremely "chippy." It's best if the refs lay down the law early in the game to set the tone so that the players understand no cheap shotting will be allowed. Both teams are extremely physical and Seattle has the best 2ndary in the NFL but they also get a lot of well-deserved penalties (most in the NFL as well). They should get more penalties against them and I hope they get set straight this game.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

If the Seahawks can't initially contain the VD, it could potentially spread.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Niners win.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Come on guys. No reason to discredit the seahawks DBs and pass defense by bringing up the lousy holding/pi argument. If you compare the hawks D against the era/season they are which was done by an article that was linked on deadspin/grantland (sorry I cant find it right now) they were ranked as the 2nd best Pass D of all time behind the 02 Bucs. And if you actually watch the hawks play rather then regurgitating misinformation they rarely hold.foul past 5 yds and thats why they dont get called. No need to exaggerate with nonsense like their D is only good because they hold. or cheat like the morons who call them out for their failed drug tests of which none have been for 'PEDs' .. have you taken adderal? your probably the same idiot that would call weed a performance enhancer.

I get so frustrated by the pass interference or defensive holding calls that literally change the course of games every week (see that call on Welker last week on like 3rd and 17 I believe up 7 midway thru the 4th) Let the teams play out there and lets see who can win the battle for the ball. If someone actually effects the outcome of a pass from a probably completion to an incomplete throw the flag. You cant tell me boldin doesnt give as hard as he gets when he goes up against the Seahawks or any other team for that matter. Why are people complaining about letting Football players deciding the game and begging for the refs to do it make me sick

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

my angle is Harbaughs bitching and moaning coupled with the 49ers being a major sports market
    and good for super bowl tv ratings will cause the refs to throw the flags today against Seattle.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Sharps are on the Seahawks.

This is how Kaep performed against Seahawks defense home field advantage:

San Francisco 3, Seattle 29
    covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2013-2014/boxscore37622.html

San Francisco 13, Seattle 42
    covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2012-2013/boxscore31049.html

I have the Patriots and Seahawks in a two team 7 point teaser.
    Sharp!