lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

If Manning loses this game to ne does that change his legacy?

Manning needs to win here badly. This might be his last nfl game? Or does he lose in the bowl again lol?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

This a must win for Peyton I think,to fall flat on his face again and lets says for argument sake,Tom wins the SB with average receiving talent while Peyton had an array of receiving fire power,it will look bad for his rep.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

stockton and malone are some of my favorite players.....I don't think any less because they happen to get spanked by Jordan repeatedly.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Manning needs to win here badly. This might be his last nfl game? Or does he lose in the bowl again lol?
    Brady lost to Eli Manning twice in the Super Bowl-- did that change his legacy?

Roger Staubach lost twice to Terry Bradshaw-- did that change his legacy?

Favre shit his pants a lot in the playoffs--- did that change his legacy?

Why not ask it a different way.

If Manning wins this game--- that makes him 2-1 against Brady in AFC Championships--- and makes Brady 1-4 against the Mannings in AFC Championship Games/Super Bowls.

Officially the Manning family will own Brady in the biggest games.

What will a Manning win mean for Brady?

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

game means shit, patriots are a college football team, manning wouldnt make the playoffs if he was patriots qb

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    all he cares about is money. And hes got plenty and some nice poon to go home to

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Last nfl game

You gotta be shittin me

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post

If Manning wins this game--- that makes him 2-1 against Brady in AFC Championships--- and makes Brady 1-4 against the Mannings in AFC Championship Games/Super Bowls.

the question isn't about one family against one guy. It's Peyton vs Tom. I think that this game means a lot for them both at the same time. If Brady doesn't win a superbowl then its ten years since he has won. If Peyton doesn't win he and Marino will be the best REGULAR season qb's of all time. That's not enough for a lot of people they want championships. Brady has three Peyton has one. In my opinion forget what everyone else thinks about Peyton's legacy I think that Peyton needs another superbowl before he wants to retire for himself. Right now over their careers of Brady is a hundred times more clutch than Peyton is. This argument will never end I'm just happy to have been around to see all the years and games that they played against each other

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is just another dumb post. What happens if manning throws 5 TD passes but the Denver defense gives up 38 points. Is that Manning's fault? Lakerboy, you really should just give all of this up. You rarely win a game. Just give it up and stop trying to act like you know it all.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

He needs to win the Super Bowl. Its really that simple.

CashItIn
    CashItIn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    He needs to win the Super Bowl. Its really that simple.

def agree

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

the real question is "who needs a win more...peyton manning or lakerboy".....even if lakerboy wins 3 in a row it doesnt change his legacy around here

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

He has already won a Superbowl, which is mopre than dan Marino ever did. Are you trying to tell me that Marino was not a great QB? If so, you are crazy.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post

Brett did that when he threw a hissy fit because he couldnt get his starting job back.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Win lose or draw he comes back no question. And relax Konck says he wins here

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think if he plays well and they lose it does not hurt

Warner lost 2 super bowls I think and played great in all

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think if he plays well and they lose it does not hurt

Warner lost 2 super bowls I think and played great in all
    excuse man can I get a slovaki sub extra cheese. thanks

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Last nfl game

You gotta be shittin me
    It could be.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If Peyton loses again, it doesn't diminish what he's done. He's a one ring stats guy. Two rings, then let's talk.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is just another dumb post. What happens if manning throws 5 TD passes but the Denver defense gives up 38 points. Is that Manning's fault? Lakerboy, you really should just give all of this up. You rarely win a game. Just give it up and stop trying to act like you know it all.
    This is just another retarded post by fbi bigdaddyqh. I didn't know I posted a bet with this thread, I thought I asked a question. Of course if denver gives up 38 points its not mannings fault. If they win 41-38 he will be a hero though right? Fukking dumbass manning apologists. Always looking for excuses for him.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    He has already won a Superbowl, which is mopre than dan Marino ever did. Are you trying to tell me that Marino was not a great QB? If so, you are crazy.
    peyton manning has never won a supebowl

the year the colts won the superbowl he had 3tds and 7 interceptions

and if i am not mistaken they didnt even score a touchdown in the superbowl though i could be wrong

the colts defence and vinatieri won the superbowl, manning was just another obstacle they had to overcome

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post

and if i am not mistaken they didnt even score a touchdown in the superbowl though i could be wrong

the colts defence and vinatieri won the superbowl, manning was just another obstacle they had to overcome

Could be??

In the real championship that year Pats vs Colts....PFM led his team to 32 2nd half points and Brady thru the game ending pick. Case closed!! Brady can throw for 190 yds and 0 Tds and win....PFM can throw for 350 and 3 tds and lose. Thats the difference between the two that you fkn idiots don't understand. Go look up what Rodney Harrison said....NE wins 3 SBs w/PFM too because they had a defense and most importantly they have Belechik.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

he did throw a long td to wayne in the superbowl.....but ya....defense got him by in the kc and baltimore games...and bailed him out late in the superbowl with an int return for a td in a close game.......funny to listen to the anti brady/pro manning contingency though....tom brady is the only one who wins anything because of his "team"

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Yes, he goes from suspected choke artist/loser to confirmed.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Could be??

In the real championship that year Pats vs Colts....PFM led his team to 32 2nd half points and Brady thru the game ending pick. Case closed!! Brady can throw for 190 yds and 0 Tds and win....PFM can throw for 350 and 3 tds and lose. Thats the difference between the two that you fkn idiots don't understand. Go look up what Rodney Harrison said....NE wins 3 SBs w/PFM too because they had a defense and most importantly they have Belechik.
    haha ya dude! case fukin closed! that one sealed it...so let me get this straight.....you score 15 points on the road....go 15-30 and 170 with 2 ints and no tds......and you win 15-6...i guess that was all peyton.....hats off....tom brady is the only guy who wins games with a "team" and a "defense"...

i didnt know rodney harrison was the end all.....im willing to bet you could find other former pats players who would say the opposite

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

facing Ravens #1 defense on the road... late game drive to eat up a huge amount of clock and up the lead from 6 pts to 9 pts to seal the victory. guess manning was an obstacle there?

down 18 points to the Pats... drove for a critical FG b4 half to get a bit of momentum back. demolished the 2nd half with 32 points, including the gw td drive. Guess he was an obstacle here too? yet still left a minute plus for Brady... which w/a Manning defense in the playoffs = time to lose the lead and game... but not this time, not this 1 time in Peyton's entire career. defense actually finding a way to close out the game and intercept Brady.

Colts gave up a kickoff return to start the SB. So basically, Manning had to start out the game already trailing 7 points. He threw 1 pick in the game and it was very early in the game on a 3rd and long that he just threw down field to give the WR a chance to make a play when the Colts were around the 50 yard line. so it was basically a punt. so where was manning an obstacle? by again fitting in unreal passes to D.Clark in tight coverage on convert 3rd downs just like in the Ravens game? by correctly using his run game to keep the 3rd downs manageable and staying out of 3rd and long most of the time? hey, sounds like I'm describing Brady in his last playoff game. So what you're saying is Brady was an obstacle in his last playoff game and the Pats found a way to dominate and win the game regardless....good job SportsMushroom I guess Brady was an obstacle in 2001 03 and 04 too, since those playoff runs were dominated by good defensive play, clutch special teams and awesome coaching preparation for the games.

the bears were the #2 defense in the NFL after the Ravens in 06. the more "physical team". the team that got to play with a head start of 7 points. yet... who found a way to gain control of the game and the situation with the weather at hand? Manning; and with a lead late in the game, you're mad that once again, for the only year in Peyton's career as a Colt the defense again found a way to seal the victory instead of finding a way to lose it.

teams win the SB with a correct amount of good play from all phases of the game; and/or with the team getting on a hot streak entering the playoffs or early on in the playoffs. add in a bit of luck, sometimes, one guy making a huge play to seal the deal (K.Hayden for the Colts, T.Porter for the Saints, S.Holmes catch for the Steelers)... and you've got yourself a Lombardi.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    facing Ravens #1 defense on the road... late game drive to eat up a huge amount of clock and up the lead from 6 pts to 9 pts to seal the victory. guess manning was an obstacle there?

down 18 points to the Pats... drove for a critical FG b4 half to get a bit of momentum back. demolished the 2nd half with 32 points, including the gw td drive. Guess he was an obstacle here too? yet still left a minute plus for Brady... which w/a Manning defense in the playoffs = time to lose the lead and game... but not this time, not this 1 time in Peyton's entire career. defense actually finding a way to close out the game and intercept Brady.

Colts gave up a kickoff return to start the SB. So basically, Manning had to start out the game already trailing 7 points. He threw 1 pick in the game and it was very early in the game on a 3rd and long that he just threw down field to give the WR a chance to make a play when the Colts were around the 50 yard line. so it was basically a punt. so where was manning an obstacle? by again fitting in unreal passes to D.Clark in tight coverage on convert 3rd downs just like in the Ravens game? by correctly using his run game to keep the 3rd downs manageable and staying out of 3rd and long most of the time? hey, sounds like I'm describing Brady in his last playoff game. So what you're saying is Brady was an obstacle in his last playoff game and the Pats found a way to dominate and win the game regardless....good job SportsMushroom I guess Brady was an obstacle in 2001 03 and 04 too, since those playoff runs were dominated by good defensive play, clutch special teams and awesome coaching preparation for the games.

the bears were the #2 defense in the NFL after the Ravens in 06. the more "physical team". the team that got to play with a head start of 7 points. yet... who found a way to gain control of the game and the situation with the weather at hand? Manning; and with a lead late in the game, you're mad that once again, for the only year in Peyton's career as a Colt the defense again found a way to seal the victory instead of finding a way to lose it.

teams win the SB with a correct amount of good play from all phases of the game; and/or with the team getting on a hot streak entering the playoffs or early on in the playoffs. add in a bit of luck, sometimes, one guy making a huge play to seal the deal (K.Hayden for the Colts, T.Porter for the Saints, S.Holmes catch for the Steelers)... and you've got yourself a Lombardi.
    wow.....the whole time i thought those playoff runs were dominated by cheating....

bobby heenan
    Update your status

gotta totally give manning credit for that victory in baltimore....that last drive to set up a fg was sweet! the stuff legends are made of...his 15-30 170 with 2 ints stat line was amazing......what was more amazing was how manning single handedly inspired his defense to only surrender 6 points....that was all manning....because they all said "look our qb works harder and prepares harder than anyone else in the league....we should prob do the same".....

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

There's 4 great teams left ....2 of them will lose that does not mean they choked.
    This is a must game for any team that wants to be in the superbowl this year. That's
    the only must going here. It's not a crime and not a disgrace to lose to the Pats or Brady
    and **** versa. End thread

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    There's 4 great teams left ....2 of them will lose that does not mean they choked.
    This is a must game for any team that wants to be in the superbowl this year. That's
    the only must going here. It's not a crime and not a disgrace to lose to the Pats or Brady
    and **** versa. End thread
    oh i agree....try telling it to these salty colts fans who root for denver once their team gets plowed......whenever the patriots lose its because they suck and they used to cheat to win and now since they cant cheat they dont win....

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    wow.....the whole time i thought those playoff runs were dominated by cheating....
    i don't even have to say it

the pats will forever and ever always be associated from that time period with it

outside from that, we all know teams win the SB as a team

but for every average to bad looking game stat line you can post for a Manning playoff game in which he still came out a victor, I can post twice as many for Brady.

Fred The Hammer

gotta totally give manning credit for that victory in baltimore....that last drive to set up a fg was sweet! the stuff legends are made of...his 15-30 170 with 2 ints stat line was amazing......what was more amazing was how manning single handedly inspired his defense to only surrender 6 points....that was all manning....because they all said "look our qb works harder and prepares harder than anyone else in the league....we should prob do the same".....
    Obviously the Colts D stepped up in their SB season but everyone but Giselle should be able to figure out that Brady has had the better overall teams (including coaching) over their careers. Caldwell was/is a fkn idiot...calling timeouts for the other team in the last minute. Dungy is overrated...how many Pro-bowlers did he have and won 1 sb. Brady won 3 SBs by a fg apiece. Vanderjagt misses in 2005 which was prob the Colts most talented team. Last year....Denver can't stop a 70 yd hail mary w/30 sec left. Manning needs this game and needs it badly....finally agree w/lakerboy on something.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

yer very transparent

one day the patriots won because they are cheaters and mugged receivers......that was yesterday.....today its good defensive play, clutch special teams, and awesome coaching preparation....which one is it? which one will it be tomorrow? or do you have another stance for thursday?

Fred The Hammer

I think Brady avg. 30 ppg over his career vs Peyton's Colts. Thats alot of pressure for any QB to overcome. Bobby Knight said once that the press can only beat bad teams. The same is true of Dungy's Cover-2. It can beat shit QBs but when it comes to the playoffs its like trying to confuse Einstein with add and subtract. If Indy held teams to 15 ppg like the Gmen he's had 4-5 rings by now.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

yer very transparent

one day the patriots won because they are cheaters and mugged receivers......that was yesterday.....today its good defensive play, clutch special teams, and awesome coaching preparation....which one is it? which one will it be tomorrow? or do you have another stance for thursday?
    I was responding to Sports Mushroom with that post, not you... so I left them out. I only bring them up for guys like you. It was all of the above, but I have no desire to go on more 3 hour posting sprees with you about it.

12 Last