djmano
    djmano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

When is the last time in recent history a non-pocket passer QB won the SB?

sea may make the SB but i dont see how they can win.....i dont believe someone who cannot pick you apart from the pocket can win it all.

has a game manager/running QB ever won a SB at all?

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by djmano View Post
    sea may make the SB but i dont see how they can win.....i dont believe someone who cannot pick you apart from the pocket can win it all.

has a game manager/running QB ever won a SB at all?
    Big Ben fit in this category especially in his first SB win. Only one in recent years.

But I don't think the Seahawks should be ruled out. Their defense can match up with the best of them.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Sure Dilfer was another example he is probably the most infamous "gm manager" to win one. And even Brady was not exactly shredding defenses and throwing for 4,800 and 40 td's in his first few. For those who are really young Tom terrific looked much more like he did last Sunday than he has in recent years posting huge #'s we've gotten used to. Damn I cannot really think of anyone who has won a SB that did not make their living throwing first. Young , Elway great runners and could make things happen with their legs but still had amazing arms and great qb's from the pocket.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

A few other examples would be aside from Brady beating the greatest show on turf as 14 pt dogs I believe. How bout Giants ov Bills, and Giants ov Pats both times, Tampon ov Oakland. In each case the dog had to simple over power and ugly the gm up and not much was asked of the qb other than to not fukk up while making the occasional needed throw. Sheli had decent games but lets face it they did not beat the Pats expecting him to win a shootout with Brady. All 5 games I just mentioned featured the best offenses in football being taken down by tough d's, special teams, controlling line of scrimmage and smart Qb play.

Of course lets face it maybe I'm biased but give Oak Chuckie and no Robbins meltdown and I would LOVE to face Tampon with Dungy bet the result would be much different! Even if we lost they would have squeeked by.