kid_mikey_84
    kid_mikey_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony Dungy is the most overrated coach ever....

The guy is a poor man's Marty Schottenheimer who preached "quiet strength" as a way to win in football. What a joke.

Marty, at least, got the most out of his teams, turned around franchises, and coached somewhat conservative, but even then, it's not his fault his runningback fumbled, it's not his fault his qbs threw interceptions, and it's not his fault Marlon Mcree didn't go down after intercepting the ball.

Tony Dungy was simply an underachiever with the best quarterback of all time. Bucs fired him because he was too soft and couldn't win with all those future hall of famers and talent on defense.

Besides, anyone who knows anything about football KNOWS that he had no respect from the players. He was just there to take Manning's orders and "manage" the rest of the team. Don't believe me?

Remember the Chargers Colts regular season game in 2004? I do! I'm a diehard Charger fan. On 4th down with under 4 minutes left, Peyton OVERRULED Dungy's decision to punt and refused to take the offense off the field, waving the punt unit off and calling his own play on 4th down.

All Dungy did was say "Ok daddy," and shake his head.

Not to mention the only time they did win the Super Bowl was because they got to play Rex Grossman.

This is a hall of famer? A first ballot Hall of famer? What a joke. The choking label is WAY more attached to his name than Peyton's if you ask me.
    Last edited by kid_mikey_84; 01-10-14 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typo
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TitsArriba

pensfan1919
    pensfan1919's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2328

I agree, extremely overrated.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Instead of dogging Dungy, I'd suggest Shottenheimer was very underrated as an NFL HC.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3156

Dungy is a good guy. Good coach. A Motivator.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

You shut your whore mouth.

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

Dungy pissed me off sometimes but he was an onside kick away from two rings.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

The one thing you have to remember about Dungy is how much a laughingstock the Bucs were before he got there. They had 16 years in a row of 10+ losses and had nothing to suggest it was going to change. They were the biggest joke in football history. Then Tony came along and changed everything in one year's time. They started 1-8 his first year (ended up finishing 7-9), but then the team became a winner and a Super Bowl contender. He was fired because he couldn't get the team to the next level, but the Super Bowl they won was mostly because of the pieces he helped put together, as well as the pieces Jon Gruden brought in to get them over the top. The two of them are both responsible for that Bucs Super Bowl.

He's a very good coach. Hall of Fame worthy? Probably not. Probably needs one more ring, but I think his work off the field may get him in and a lot of coaches that worked under him went on to HC jobs elsewhere, Lovie Smith being the most notable that's still coaching.