Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Easy decision, no debate here really.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

he is leaving Auburn at the peak of his draft stock. I don't see him slipping past the 2nd round, depending on his combine, he might even be a late 1st rounder.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Lol fkn malzhan runs this fukkin kid into the ground. Dude gets like 40+ carries a game, are you kidding me?! Wait another year of doing that hed barely be able to stand let alone play rb.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Most clueless in this thread, Mason will be really good in the NFL mark my words, no doubt that depends on a decent O-Line. Auburn has numerous good backs already there, they dont need to rely on a freshman coming they already have good backs. He left at the right time, no need to stick around and get hurt, he was a Heisman candidate, just played in National Championship and at his peak why stick around, makes no sense to when youre about to get paid millions instead of playing for free.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

good decision rbs don't last long in nfl, why waste another year in college when gms don't want to draft rbs that high anymore

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

A no brainer. Malzahn should give him his raise and bonuses and wish the kid well and make sure he doesn't come back. Come back next year to help feed Malzahn's family or leave and feed Mason's family. Who is criticizing this again?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'm actually very surprised Mason is willing to take a pay cut and leave Auburn early.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I'm actually very surprised Mason is willing to take a pay cut and leave Auburn early.
    Everybody doesn't want to have their money in secrecy.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Most clueless in this thread, Mason will be really good in the NFL mark my words, no doubt that depends on a decent O-Line. Auburn has numerous good backs already there, they dont need to rely on a freshman coming they already have good backs. He left at the right time, no need to stick around and get hurt, he was a Heisman candidate, just played in National Championship and at his peak why stick around, makes no sense to when youre about to get paid millions instead of playing for free.
    Yes he is good, but he probably would have been served better with one more year in college and he probably would have returned if not foe those insane last three games. But hey, who could blame him?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Lol fkn malzhan runs this fukkin kid into the ground. Dude gets like 40+ carries a game, are you kidding me?! Wait another year of doing that hed barely be able to stand let alone play rb.
    Reporters once asked John McKay why he gave the ball to O.J. Simpson more than 30 times a game.

His response: "It's not heavy."

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    good decision rbs don't last long in nfl, why waste another year in college when gms don't want to draft rbs that high anymore
    If GM's aren't drafting rbs high anymore, why would he go late first or second round? The grade I saw on ESPN from scouts.com for him was 69. If auburn only loses 1 OL, he might be better playing in college another year.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I think he made the right decision here. Stock probably peaked

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

Quite a few teams need a decent young running back, someone will probably overpay for him though.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

dynamic back Tre is, love his upside

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

NFL GM's evaluate guys not only for talent and durability, but also look at how tough their college career was. It is evident that almost every RB has a certain number of 'runs' or 'years' in them. Good for him....if he can be a 2nd or 3rd rounder (I would expect late 2nd or early 3rd) then he wins.

As for the Hyde comparison....in today's NFL, I take this kid every time.....Hyde will be a great blocking FB, and should go in the 5th or 6th round.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

It's a smart move for sure. His stock can't really get any higher than it is now and who knows what could happen if he plays another year in college...he might not have as good a season as he did this year, or even worse get injured. Take the money and go pro, if you get hurt in the NFL at least you got some $$$ and you can say you made it to the NFL.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    NFL GM's evaluate guys not only for talent and durability, but also look at how tough their college career was. It is evident that almost every RB has a certain number of 'runs' or 'years' in them. Good for him....if he can be a 2nd or 3rd rounder (I would expect late 2nd or early 3rd) then he wins.

As for the Hyde comparison....in today's NFL, I take this kid every time.....Hyde will be a great blocking FB, and should go in the 5th or 6th round.
    i dunno if hyde is a traditional "fullback" in any sense......hell be drafted....but ill say this...of the nfls top 40 rushers this year....only 3 guys were from the big ten.......one i was actually impressed with watching...i think he looked pretty good given his overall situation(leveon bell) and can be a legit nfl back.....the other two were mendenhall and montee ball......if you go back a year you could add shonn greene and leshoure to the list......but these guys arent having much success in the nfl

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Good decision

Top two rounds probably

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Kid was the heart and soul of Auburn not built really big so I like his move here.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Too early for me.

First 12