zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

O/U Packers v. 49ers

Lines set at 45.5

…Its hard not to take the overs on this one…I know I know…game time temps and conditions and all but how can the packers stop the 49ers from scoring??? and how can the 49ers defensive backs stop rodgers…?

Think about it….I am leaning heavy on the overs right now...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

The ball will be like throwing a big rock is the easy answer to ur stopping the passing gm question.. I usually love betting overs in games where weather causes the total to drop but that generally due to precipitation, wind and/or extreme cold little different IMO. I heard some very low wind chill numbers so I'm assuming it will not only be extreme cold w frost bite warnings but also somewhat high wind? Havnt looked yet this morning.

2daBank

That all said I wouldn't play under..just not sure if I can play it at all?

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

12mph winds…temp is at 6 degrees right now feels like -12 I am guessing….it was predicted with wind chill to feel like -34 but who knows its supposed to warm up a bit to a wopping 7 degrees by kickoff...

We will see but with all the turf heaters and gadgets today it would be hard pressed to believe they wouldn't change out and warm up the footballs every couple plays...

I was thinking no play but it just makes today that much more exciting for me….I just cant see it going under but I am not telling anyone to take the overs just wanted people to check in with their thoughts..

I think and am now hoping today will be a shootout until the end with one team or another coming out on top by a point or so….

2daBank

Yea that isn't as cold as predicted earlier in the week. Certainly a good point about the heat coils under the field now days and the other shit they got as well, probably be more muddy tundra than frozen, u might convince me cause numbers wise it hard not to like the over, temps were my only real concern...I keep saying I'm passing but we getting a foot of snow right now so while that sounds all good and shit as I'm home snowed in with nothing to do good chance I end up with some kind of play on this gm

2daBank

Where u think total will bottom out at? I can get 45 now which is getting pretty damn low for this gm, Greek has a 44.5 up now but can't play there.. Normally with precip gms it best to wait till everyone sees all the rain/snow and overreacts but these temps been built up all week to where not sure if it drop much more..44 would be sweet..

I Did just hear that temps are only gonna drop from this point throughout day and seeing how it late afternoon gm sun won't be out long either.. It tough, i do think over or nothing far as total, just gonna have to decide if worth it..

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

yeah I hear ya….I was thinking the total may rise this morning when people woke up and saw it wasn't gonna be nearly as cold as predicted so I jumped on it.

But it may drop a bit after people do start freaking out…If it drops at all I will jump on it as well…which would be most of my bankroll on one play which I cant stand doing but the numbers just aren't quite adding up for me right now lol

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

The forecast for cold has actually "improved" by a couple of degrees in the last 24 hours. Accdg to weather.com about 5 at kickoff and not supposed to get below zero until 8 p.m. Wisconsin time and game should be done by then. But also a 30% chance of precipitation which I don't think was being forecast Saturday.

FWIW the Monday forecast is for a high of -11.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

May not seem like it, but 5 degrees is a lot different than -5 degrees and can make a big impact on the scoring. One thing to keep an eye on is the wind and how hard it's blowing because it's supposed to pick up there.

That being said, I'm beginning to like the over because of the fact they're not calling for those 50-below wind chills like they were a few days ago and the fact these two teams are familiar with each other from playing against each other a lot the last couple years and producing shootouts.

If I were to consider the under, I might think first half under because just like in the Saints-Eagles game, sometimes it takes a while to warm up. The temperature is going to be almost identical to what it was in the 2007 Championship game and that final score was 23-20. The halftime score that year was 10-7 and I would compare these two teams very similar to those two that year.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    May not seem like it, but 5 degrees is a lot different than -5 degrees and can make a big impact on the scoring. One thing to keep an eye on is the wind and how hard it's blowing because it's supposed to pick up there.

That being said, I'm beginning to like the over because of the fact they're not calling for those 50-below wind chills like they were a few days ago and the fact these two teams are familiar with each other from playing against each other a lot the last couple years and producing shootouts.

If I were to consider the under, I might think first half under because just like in the Saints-Eagles game, sometimes it takes a while to warm up. The temperature is going to be almost identical to what it was in the 2007 Championship game and that final score was 23-20. The halftime score that year was 10-7 and I would compare these two teams very similar to those two that year.
    Thanx for the update! I think it a very fair comparison of the 2 gms as well.. Think kap and his arm/ big play running potential might be worth a few more points and pack run gm is better now but overall pretty similar..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The game goes over if there's more turnovers

If you do research on over and unders all a lot of the overs are because of silly turnovers and easy scores

I think both teams run more today

Zacher good luck

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The game goes over if there's more turnovers

If you do research on over and unders all a lot of the overs are because of silly turnovers and easy scores

I think both teams run more today

Zacher good luck

just hand the ball to starks not lacy and watch that ish spit right out of his hand like the burgers he's used to flipping at the local mcyd's lol

but thanks JJ…hoping for the best.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Over... The passing game will not be affected. Green Bay will score.....So will the 49ers.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Back up to 45.5

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

I jumped it when it was 45.5 now its at 46 on bovada and seems to be climbing with the odds changing

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

49ers defense is going to completely shut down Lacy. Rodgers better be a lot sharper then he was last week. I expect a huge day from Frank Gore. Go 49ers!
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 01-05-14 at 11:56 AM.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

cheering for the wrong team….just like in 2008 you were cheering for the wrong politician…..figures your a liberal from cali

matt711
    matt711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2468

Quote Originally Posted by zacher View Post
    cheering for the wrong team….just like in 2008 you were cheering for the wrong politician…..figures your a liberal from cali
    And i guess u
    wre cheering for Obama...lol

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Quote Originally Posted by matt711 View Post
    And i guess u
    wre cheering for Obama...lol

great deduction………………….but its wrong