WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

1/4/14 Saints at Eagles

WHATALOSER OVERALL 6-2 ATS 0-2 TOTALS 6-0
    NBA- 0-0 NCAAB- 0-1 NFL- 0-0 SF -2.5 PENDING
    NCAAF- 6-1 NHL- 0-0 MLB- 0-0
    Yesterday 1/3/14 recap 1-0 ncaaf totals(Clemson got it done but a lot of bad defense/blown coverages in game, entertaining though)

Saints at Eagles over 53.5(-110)

Sometimes we just have to keep it simple. When handicapping this game, several things stuck out to me. The Saints rush defense is bad. They have a hard enough time stopping average running backs but stopping the NFL's leading rusher in Eagles rb LeSean McCoy is almost impossible. Not only that, they're heading into this game without their key starting rookie safety in Kenny Vaccaro(surgery on ankle) which means Roman Harper will start along side Malcolm Jenkins. Harper has notoriously been known to get burned time and time again on the deep ball. Eagle's starting QB Nick Foles is talented enough to exploit the Saints defense and his 27 passing touchdowns and 2 interceptions this season proves it. On the other side, the Eagles pass defense isn't anything special either. In fact in the last game of the season, backup Cowboy QB Kyle Orton who hadn't started a game in years, torched them for 358 yards through the air. Granted the up tempo Eagles offense factors in a little bit as to why the defense has to be on the field more but there's still no excuse to give up the most passing yards in all of football. They struggle against opposing tight ends and Jimmy Graham is somebody you don't want to face if you're struggling. The Eagles are stout against the run but the Saints don't run the ball anyways, it's screen passes and dump offs. They'll be without rb Pierre Thomas as well. Being 0-5 in road playoff games in franchise history not counting the Super Bowl win in Miami gives people reason to be skeptic about gambling on the Saints tonight. I do agree though, Bree's and company will be highly motivated to end this bad streak and to silence the critics about how they can't play outside of the dome. You can call it a public play all you want but I believe each team has the offense capable to score in the high 20's tonight and one should eventually score at least 30.

Last edited by WhatALoser; 01-04-14 at 01:02 PM. Reason: update record

WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Line has gone up to 54.5/55 right as I posted this but it's probably just syndicates working middles. It should go back down before kickoff.

dgrin001
    dgrin001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1494

Thanks, great write up again. I am leaning eagles ML and over. Just trying to decide how much to wager. I got beat down earlier but locks like the Chiefs are going to bail me out. I have a gut feeling eagles are going to run away with this.