Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Josh McDaniels = Hot Commodity in NFL HC search

Tebow may still have a chance...

Sam Odom

SI.com

Multiple sources are saying the Cleveland Browns are interested in New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as their next head coach.

Reporters from both sides are citing league sources to confirm the interest is there.

As Tom Curran points out here, since the Patriots have a bye week until their divisional playoff game, McDaniels and other assistants will have a small window of time for teams like the Browns to interview them and try to make a quick hire.

This might explain why the Browns were so willing to fire Rob Chudzinski so fast.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

McDaniels will turn the franchise around. NOT!!!

Sam Odom

Who could ?

Turn the Brownies around that is....

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Who could ?

Nobody that's available. Same with skins. I don't get firing the coach after the first year.

Sam Odom

Might be the WORSE NFL team to coach

Shitty Ownership
    Shitty Team
    Shitty City w/Shitty weather

The Fan base is the only un-shitty thing Sammy can think of....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Players win
    Not coaches

He is a non factor

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Tebow may still have a chance...
    To think a guy who drove the Bronco's into the dirt is actually wanted by someone else drafted Tebow Good Lord Browns fans what the Hell are you thinking?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i actually think shanahan would be the best fit for them.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

McDaniels isn't leaving NE until Brady retires. He left once and regretted that decision. Him and Brady are best friends and I think McDaniels is only 37 years old. He isn't in a rush to jump into that Browns job. It's a terrible situation for anyone.

If I were McDaniels, I'd be more interested in the Lions or Bucs job. At least they have some pieces in place. Stay away from shitty ownership groups. He could very well want to work with Cassel again in Minnesota.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    McDaniels isn't leaving NE until Brady retires. He left once and regretted that decision. Him and Brady are best friends and I think McDaniels is only 37 years old. He isn't in a rush to jump into that Browns job. It's a terrible situation for anyone.

If I were McDaniels, I'd be more interested in the Lions or Bucs job. At least they have some pieces in place. Stay away from shitty ownership groups. He could very well want to work with Cassel again in Minnesota.
    you could argue that the browns....have plenty of decent pieces.....sure he wouldnt have matt stafford, fairley, suh, megatron..........there are plenty of "pieces" in cleveland......gordon, cameron, talent on the offensive line...on defense there are guys like taylor, sheard, mingo, kruger( we know he underperformed), and haden..i think tj ward might be a free agent.........there are just as many young pieces in cleveland as there are in minnesota....at this point what would minnesota offer over cleveland? cassel will be 32....ap is approaching the age of 30....cleveland needs to find themsevles a qb....and a workhorse back(something along the lines of leveon bell) and they wont be a terrible club......

mcdaniels is an ohio kid....then again so was chud.....a few leaders on that team arent happy about chud being let go.....i agree about the ownership in cleveland.....but the overall talent situation isnt terrible and could be improved if they hit on a qb..... i do agree though....hes young....is in a great situation where he is....whether or not hes willing to walk away from it....prob not but who knows.....for cleveland to let go of a guy that was liked after one year of a 4 year deal....they must have some sort of inclination that someone they want might be willing to take the job....or they are willing to throw alot at someone they like

on the detroit side....brian xanders worked with mcdaniels in denver.....while that did produce tebow(im sure mcdaniels pushed for it too)...it also produced d thomas, decker, and zane beadles in the same draft......if mayhew were to get canned too ...maybe xanders would get promoted....who knows what their relationship was like in denver together....

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

McDaniels isn't anywhere near ready.

You see this sometimes, they want the offensive/defensive mind, but they can't have them unless they make them HC. See Wade Phillips, Dick Jauron, etc. Not good HCs, but won't go to a new city unless they get their way. Smart organizations like the Steelers avoid traps like this.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Not sure why everyone thinks this guy can coach....

Really not much great candidates out there anyhow

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    McDaniels isn't anywhere near ready.

You see this sometimes, they want the offensive/defensive mind, but they can't have them unless they make them HC. See Wade Phillips, Dick Jauron, etc. Not good HCs, but won't go to a new city unless they get their way. Smart organizations like the Steelers avoid traps like this.
    i find it odd that haslam, who was once a minority owner of a team that has had only 3 different head coaches since 1969, was canning a guy after one year......their defense wasnt terrible.....they struggled at times...especially on 3rd down and in the redzone.......but they showed some promise....not to mention chud was working with a scrap heap of qbs, especially after hoyer went down and was showing promise, and a scrap head of running backs......cleveland was showing some promise and then seemed to really let down towards the end of the year....haslam said they werent getting any better with chud.....but in one year? these guys have 3 picks in the top 36 next year.....

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

He's a genius with Brady at QB.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Cleveland has pieces on the field but they have a bunch of bozos in the front office. I don't know what can fix this team. They tried giving a respected veteran head coach the reigns and that didnt work. They have drafted pretty decent the last few years with Thomas, Gordon, Weeden, Haden and some others. I still don't totally understand the Richardson trade, but that's alright. They'll have a decent pick in the draft with a lot of talent. The Browns NEED to decide a direction at QB. Make a choice if Weeden is the future or if it's Hoyer/Draft - those seem like to only two viable options. If they're going to draft someone, do it now.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Cleveland has pieces on the field but they have a bunch of bozos in the front office. I don't know what can fix this team. They tried giving a respected veteran head coach the reigns and that didnt work. They have drafted pretty decent the last few years with Thomas, Gordon, Weeden, Haden and some others. I still don't totally understand the Richardson trade, but that's alright. They'll have a decent pick in the draft with a lot of talent. The Browns NEED to decide a direction at QB. Make a choice if Weeden is the future or if it's Hoyer/Draft - those seem like to only two viable options. If they're going to draft someone, do it now.
    i can assure you that weeden is not the answer...never was.....and keep in mind....weeden and richardson were picks of the old regime.....heckert/holmgren.....and as of right now they look good in having dealt richardson.....they have 3 picks in the top 36.....alot of the guys like gordon and haden were from heckert and they are talented.....now joe banner will try to put his stamp on this team....there was talk about rebuilding and even dealing gordon at one point...i think banner identified which pieces are valuable going forward and which arent

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Every year , this is a huge discussion.

My take is there simply isn`t 32 guys in the entire world who could be succesful as NFL head coaches.

All these coordinators, college dudes, who think they can handle the job, flame out in spectacular fashion.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who could ?

Cowher. Gruden. Not Joshie. He is not head coach material