WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

First post ever and 49ers at Packers is screaming

San Fran 49ers -2.5(-110)

First post, small time gambler here but indeed, I am a loser. There was -1 and -2 available with juice early on but for the most part this is the number available now. I very much doubt this will stay at 2.5.

What I saw yesterday was an uneasy, frightened QB in A.Rodgers who quite frankly isn't ready to start a playoff game against a top notch defense. It's one thing to pick apart a poor Bears defense and throw a game winning TD against an incompetent safety in Chris Conte but it's completely another thing to pick apart a defense who, heading into the Cardinal game yesterday, has given up the fifth fewest yards per play this season(4.8). Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers is just flat out awful and needs to go, pronto. His defense has struggled in their last 3 games against the 49ers and this weekend will be no different, especially with LB Clay Mathews out and Nick Perry struggling with a foot injury. Wide Receiver Michael Crabtree's return makes San Fran that more dangerous and it's unrealistic to expect this Packer defense to hold this 49er offense to under 30 points. The weather is expected to be cold and snowy which is probably part of the reason why it's so low but I don't mind one bit because San Fran can ground and pound with the best of them. I wouldn't waste my hard earned cash on the Packers even at home, this just isn't the spot.
    Last edited by WhatALoser; 12-30-13 at 11:38 AM.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Like it

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Welcome to the board. GL!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

SF not a good cold weather team

Be careful

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Get back to the newbie forum and think about your future at SBR before making such rash posts

WhatALoser

Quick correction and is exactly why I'm a loser, Clay Matthews has not been ruled out. If he does play, he will obviously play with a cast of some sort which will make tackling in the snow if there is some, that more difficult.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by WhatALoser View Post
    Quick correction and is exactly why I'm a loser, Clay Matthews has not been ruled out. If he does play, he will obviously play with a cast of some sort which will make tackling in the snow if there is some, that more difficult.
    Also makes punching in the nuts more painful

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

refs are on the packers.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Also makes punching in the nuts more painful
    It's made out of NERF. It's not like the old NFL days when players would basically play with a metal pipe in their sleeve.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13485

Am I mistaken or did Arz throw for 400 yds against them yesterday. Little concerning??

coogs08
    coogs08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

I'm not sure if I will be making a play on this game, but if was to, my initial lean is on the Packers solely due to their offensive capabilities.

Eddie Lacy is a horse back there and I think Rodgers and Cobb were able to shake a lot of rust off against the Bears. Cobb looked great on his first TD catch, his route running was crisp and will only get better in the next game. With Rodgers having two of his top receivers back, the opposing defense can't solely focus on shutting down Jordy Nelson (as we saw against the bears). This will also open up the running game for Lacy as SF can't stack the box. SF's defense is definitely legit, don't get me wrong, but Rodgers gets the ball out of there as quick as any QB in the league, and can create huge plays off simple slant routes should SF blitz.

Apologies for rambling on, best of luck on your bet!
    Last edited by coogs08; 12-30-13 at 10:42 AM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Welcome Loser!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is easy. The 49ers are the second best team in the NFC. Green Bay's defense is just terrible. -2 1/2 is a gift.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

Welcome aboard

WhatALoser

In this day in age, stats are overrated. Back in the days, a 1,000 yard rusher was considered great, now not so much. We can go back and forth with stats all day but from a handicapping perspective, I don't see how anybody can feel great betting the Packers here. I see no edge because well, there is none. I still have concerns over that injured ankle of Lacy's and Cobb was only targeted a few times against that very poor Bears defense. If home field and weather is enough to make a bet on Green Bay +2.5, I respect that but don't agree with it. I know I would probably need a full touchdown.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

I agree with you that San Fran will beat Green Bay rather handily, but was it really necessary to use all bold letters? Gave up reading it after 2 sentences cause I was getting a headache.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by coogs08 View Post
    I'm not sure if I will be making a play on this game, but if was to, my initial lean is on the Packers solely due to their offensive capabilities.
    There are 3 sides to a football team: offense, defense & special teams. Think of a 3 legged stool.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    There are 3 sides to a football team: offense, defense & special teams. Think of a 3 legged stool.
    Exactly.
    My pee-wee coach told us that a long time ago, if you win 2 out of the 3 or better, you will win the game. (most times)

WhatALoser

Going off of Packers head coach McCarthy's press conference, he sure had a tone of a guy who thought Clay Matthews was going to be out. 49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers is dealing with a hamstring issue but should be ready to play. A lot of 3's at ev are popping up for SF and 2.5's at -120. Pinny -117.

RickyRoma
    RickyRoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

49ers are the play here or nothing imo, but if rodgers plays well packers could pull it off

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    SF not a good cold weather team
    Be careful
    Wrong. They are built for the cold weather. Great defense, great special teams, 3 headed monster at rb, great kicker and an offense with a lot of weapons.

They rolled up into new England last year in similar conditions and dropped massive points

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is easy. The 49ers are the second best team in the NFC. Green Bay's defense is just terrible. -2 1/2 is a gift.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Taking a team that is traveling 3,000 miles to play in -4 degree temperatures in a hostile enviorment
    laying points with an eratic QB with an akward throwing motion is NOT a gift.

Take the revenge minded home dog with the best QB in the NFL

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Taking a team that is traveling 3,000 miles to play in -4 degree temperatures in a hostile enviorment
    laying points with an eratic QB with an akward throwing motion is NOT a gift.

Take the revenge minded home dog with the best QB in the NFL
    Revenge? SF has rolled GB 3 times straight. Do you know what happens to 0-3 teams in this spot? They go 0-4.

Also, GB is a losing team when the temp gets below freezing. Cold is about defense and GB's D flat out sucks.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Revenge? SF has rolled GB 3 times straight. Do you know what happens to 0-3 teams in this spot? They go 0-4.

Also, GB is a losing team when the temp gets below freezing. Cold is about defense and GB's D flat out sucks.

to be fair the last two meetings were in sf- back to back games for gb. gb defense cant stop this sf team. the big factor might be the weather. it could help gb somewhat if its really cold like they say its gonna be.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    to be fair the last two meetings were in sf- back to back games for gb. gb defense cant stop this sf team. the big factor might be the weather. it could help gb somewhat if its really cold like they say its gonna be.
    Colder weather only favors defense and special teams, which ironically favors SF.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3585

Ill take the Packers in this one thanks. If you think he will be tentative in this game your kidding yourself.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Ill take the Packers in this one thanks. If you think he will be tentative in this game your kidding yourself.
    Even if Rodgers hangs 35 on SF, which is unlikely, it probably won't be enough.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3585

Well see man I can see this being a tight game,would sooner just sit back and enjoy.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Colder weather only favors defense and special teams, which ironically favors SF.
    such a good point
    glad we have slacker posts

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

this statement is incorrect and you know that.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

No way I would bet against Green Bay at sub-freezing temps in Lambeau.
    San Fran is walking into a trap.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    this statement is incorrect and you know that.
    Look up the data. Look at games below 16 degrees, most scores look like 20-17 or 23-20.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    No way I would bet against Green Bay at sub-freezing temps in Lambeau.
    San Fran is walking into a trap.
    GB is 2-5 ATS and 3-4 straight up in the last 7 home playoff games below freezing. Nothing impressive about that.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

GB is 2-5 ATS and 3-4 straight up in the last 7 home playoff games below freezing. Nothing impressive about that.
    Anyone can make up stats like these....they don't mean anything.

12 Last