therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Jay will be the Bears qb next year

Jay cutler played well enough for the bears to win. He will be back. Everyone hates his guts and says mccown should have played but the fact is he is the best qb on the bears this year. Their issues are on defense. Whether on a franchise tag deal or a long term deal, JC will be back. Watched the press conferences for JC, trest, and Marshall and I feel like they all know Jay ain't going anywhere.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Jay cutler is a stupid penetrate that will never win anything. I gave my buddy 50/1 odds immediately after the game that Cutler will never win a SB. $100. And it's the easiest $100 ill ever make cause it should be 9999/1. Yeah our D sucked in crunch, but Mic Mother Fuckin Dizzle Mcnown would've capitalized on those turnovers. 1 pick for Mcdizz all year, great in the Trestman offense. And Cutlers already thrown 2 picks before really getting loose most days. Led the league in picks...yeah so did Brett Favre, true...penetrate you Jay, 2 straight years no playoffs you stupid overpaid oyster!! GtFO Cutler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

jury still out on him will probably get franchised

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Jay cutler is a stupid penetrate that will never win anything. I gave my buddy 50/1 odds immediately after the game that Cutler will never win a SB. $100. And it's the easiest $100 ill ever make cause it should be 9999/1. Yeah our D sucked in crunch, but Mic Mother Fuckin Dizzle Mcnown would've capitalized on those turnovers. 1 pick for Mcdizz all year, great in the Trestman offense. And Cutlers already thrown 2 picks before really getting loose most days. Led the league in picks...yeah so did Brett Favre, true...penetrate you Jay, 2 straight years no playoffs you stupid overpaid oyster!! GtFO Cutler!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Typical football stupid Bears fan.

When does the bet pay off? When Cutler officially retires or wins a SB, whichever is first? Does he have to win the SB with the Bears? Does he have to be starter? Your buddy got a great bet.

inTomWeTrust
    inTomWeTrust's Avatar Become A Pro!

RATHER CUTLER THAN ROMO anyday

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

That's honestly what pissed me off most about the game yesterday, not that they lost, but they way they lost likely means cutler is resigned.

If they weren't going to win, I wish the offense sputtered out so that we could go about finding a long-term answer at QB with McCown short term.

When your defense is as bad as the bears it is absolutely unthinkable to overpay for a slightly above middle of the road QB.

I put it up in another thread awhile ago, but look at McCown's stats from those 5 games, now look at Jay's game log and tell me if he has EVER played that well for a 5 game stretch, almost positive the answer is no.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    That's honestly what pissed me off most about the game yesterday, not that they lost, but they way they lost likely means cutler is resigned.

If they weren't going to win, I wish the offense sputtered out so that we could go about finding a long-term answer at QB with McCown short term.

When your defense is as bad as the bears it is absolutely unthinkable to overpay for a slightly above middle of the road QB.

I put it up in another thread awhile ago, but look at McCown's stats from those 5 games, now look at Jay's game log and tell me if he has EVER played that well for a 5 game stretch, almost positive the answer is no.
    McCown doesn't even want to be a starting QB. He knows Cutler is far better. Amazing that fans can't figure it out. McCown is happy to come back as backup, or he might even retire. I would like to have him back, even though that means I'll have to put wup with incessant rants from idiot Bears fans who will want to bench Cutler for Josh constantly.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

In Year 2 of Trestman/Cutler, I believe the Bears can be a top 3 offense in the NFL. Still not good enough if the defense doesn't get better real fast. Rethink the whole defense and consider switching schemes. Can't decide whether Bears should take Nix or Clinton-Dix with the first pick. Both major needs.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

until the bears have the correct mix of talent and leaders on their team, like any winning organization, cutler will never win anything nor will the bears. he will sling the ball around and garner stats like half the shlumps in an offensive league no doubt. he will not win squat. good luck!

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Cutler can make all the throws. But he looks for Marshall too often, leads to throws into tight coverage, and tipped balls that are intercepted.

If they had to throw it through rings in the park, gimme Cutler all day. But in a game situation where going through your progressions and decision making also play a part, I don't think it's as cut and dry as you'd like to make it seem.

McCown may suck, maybe these 5 games were an anomaly. But at 5 mil a year, I'd rather take that chance then know what I'm going to get with Jay at 15 mil a year.

What's a stellar season going to look like for Jay?

60% completions
    4,200 yards
    32 TD's
    14 ints

I'd be damn happy if he put up those numbers next year.

That's nowhere near worthy of top 7 QB money. With those receivers, a good offensive line, and a good running back?

Put any of the legitimate elite QB's in the bears system, and you'd see a reinvention of the greatest show on turf. Not just a top 3 offense.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Remember Cutler was in a contract year. If the Bears lock him up for 5 years and guaranteed money, he might backslide. Maybe I'm an asshole, but I'd be so tempted to just tag him and make him play out another contract year. I'm sure there's an explanation why NFL GMs don't do this, but seems like the option is never even discussed.

therocket
    you cant teach passion

Either way he'll be back. Hope he continues to develop with trest and they get rid of Tucker and get a real DC. I root for clothing, not people. So if he is the qb Ill roll. Important offseason for the bears coming up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He has to play
    No better options
    He played ok yesterday
    Defense blew it

Ari Gold
    Ari Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Jay to the Titans. Book it.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

there are actually people who want mccown as their #1 qb?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Jay to the Titans. Book it.
    Huh?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    there are actually people who want mccown as their #1 qb?
    The same people who love Kyle Orton, Caleb Hanie, Jason Campbell...etc etc etc etc. Name a backup QB and these people fall head over heels in love.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The same people who love Kyle Orton, Caleb Hanie, Jason Campbell...etc etc etc etc. Name a backup QB and these people fall head over heels in love.
    Maybe it's memories of the 1985 Bears. They dominated the NFL with McMahon who was a game manager at best.

But that's how championships are won, by a complete team from o-line to special teams one guy can't do it all.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by inTomWeTrust View Post
    RATHER CUTLER THAN ROMO anyday
    Romo is the better quarterback

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Maybe it's memories of the 1985 Bears. They dominated the NFL with McMahon who was a game manager at best.

But that's how championships are won, by a complete team from o-line to special teams one guy can't do it all.
    OK great, but then why not focus demands on getting a D that resembles the '85 Bears D? If the Bears had any of the defenses they had between about 2004-2011 they'd have been championship caliber this season. Injuries didn't help, but the piss poor draft picks of Conte, Wright, McClellin didn't help either. Idiot Bears fans think everything is about the QB. You've got one side of the ball doing its job, you don't break it up to help the other.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    until the bears have the correct mix of talent and leaders on their team, like any winning organization, cutler will never win anything nor will the bears. he will sling the ball around and garner stats like half the shlumps in an offensive league no doubt. he will not win squat. good luck!
    They also have a CFL coach who's learning on the run and is way over his head in the NFL.

slacker00

OK great, but then why not focus demands on getting a D that resembles the '85 Bears D? If the Bears had any of the defenses they had between about 2004-2011 they'd have been championship caliber this season. Injuries didn't help, but the piss poor draft picks of Conte, Wright, McClellin didn't help either. Idiot Bears fans think everything is about the QB. You've got one side of the ball doing its job, you don't break it up to help the other.
    All I kept thinking yesterday was how they were better under Lovie.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Romo is the better quarterback
    Romo is pretty good, it's close, but the discussion needs context. Cutler is perfect for Trestman's system and what the Bears are doing now. This was season #1 in this offense. Seasons 2,3 and 4 will be better. But they have to fix the D no matter what.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

The defense was, yes, much better. But the offense is better under Trestman. So you fix one and ruin the other and you remain middle of the road. Mel Tucker was a huge mistake. They did try to keep Marinelli, but he chose to leave. That hurt bad. Marinelli is a very good defensive mind.

therocket
    you cant teach passion

this is guy gets it. Lots of idiot bear fans used to blaming the qb. This is not Cade mccown, Henry Burris, kordell Stewart, Craig Krenzel, Shane Matthews, Rex Grossman. This is JC.

D coordinator, D line and secondary are what needs to be addressed.

therocket
    you cant teach passion

A Lovie Smith coached team would not have let that ball lay on the ground. But a Lovie Smith coached team would also not lead the NFC in total points scored.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

As a bears fan I know the bears won't win with cutler ever. He is not a winner. I don't think he is a bad qb but a game like yesterday put emery in a bad spot. Now he has to keep him. Bears fans are used to have great defenses with little offense. Now the bears have some of the best players on offense in the whole league. When they get near the downside of their careers the defence will be awesome. Its the life of a bear fan.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by therocket View Post
    A Lovie Smith coached team would not have let that ball lay on the ground. But a Lovie Smith coached team would also not lead the NFC in total points scored.
    Fair point. I guess CHI wants to enter the 21st century of the increasingly QB-driven NFL. But at what cost?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    As a bears fan I know the bears won't win with cutler ever. He is not a winner. I don't think he is a bad qb but a game like yesterday put emery in a bad spot. Now he has to keep him. Bears fans are used to have great defenses with little offense. Now the bears have some of the best players on offense in the whole league. When they get near the downside of their careers the defence will be awesome. Its the life of a bear fan.
    Chicago is starting to look more and more like Dallas. How scary is that?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Chicago is starting to look more and more like Dallas. How scary is that?
    Not really. The bears are run much better and emery is a smart gm. Give him 2 years.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Not really. The bears are run much better and emery is a smart gm. Give him 2 years.
    Forte is excellent. You may be right, maybe this year was a bump in the road. But how can you stomach that D?

therocket
    you cant teach passion

Last offseason Emrys priority was to fix the O line. I think he was successfull. This year his focus will be defense. Hopefully he is just as successfull on fixing the D.

Leslie Frazier and Jim Schwartz are available. Not gonna get another head coaching opportunity anytime soon. I could see either one becoming next DC in Chicago.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by therocket View Post
    Last offseason Emrys priority was to fix the O line. I think he was successfull. This year his focus will be defense. Hopefully he is just as successfull on fixing the D.

Leslie Frazier and Jim Schwartz are available. Not gonna get another head coaching opportunity anytime soon. I could see either one becoming next DC in Chicago.
    The O line has improved in the passing game. They can't run block at all, especially against mediocre to good defenses.

You definitely won't see Frazier and most likely will never see Schwartz in Chicago.

I/O

Before everyone shoots their load over Tressman and this offensive "jaugernaut"...

Last year, with a different offense, no quarterback whisperer, no tight end, not maxing out Forte's abilities, and a worse O line....Bears scored only 10 fewer offensive td's, scored one more fg, actually had a higher TOP.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by intomwetrust View Post
    rather cutler than romo anyday
    lol-lol romo who !!

12 Last