BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

Will Eagles be home dogs vs Saints??

+7?

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

+5.5

Probably +1.5
    Last edited by ridims; 12-29-13 at 11:08 PM.

Bagman5
    Bagman5's Avatar Become A Pro!

What have the Saints done on the road this year to suggest that they should be home favorites against any of the NFC playoff teams? Eagles are favored as they should be.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Eagles -3 vs. Saints.

ridims

Quote Originally Posted by Bagman5 View Post
    What have the Saints done on the road this year to suggest that they should be home favorites against any of the NFC playoff teams? Eagles are favored as they should be.
    You got a good point. However, it is the eagles.....

DoubleR90
    DoubleR90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

Saints on the road is all that needs to be said....there is no other team in the NFL that is so completely different outside of their home environment; they are literally two different teams. If Eagles are home dogs I'm taking the points all day

ridims

Very true. Saints faced one of the worst d in the league on the road, in a dome (falcons), and squeezed a 4 point win.

ridims

Why do you think the saints are so horrible on the road?? Bree's not able to rub Vicks vapo rub on his kids chest at night?

ridims

Eagles -2.5

Wow .. Ok

kaijunn
    kaijunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1361

Eagles will be favored but not by a lot.

DoubleR90
    DoubleR90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    Why do you think the saints are so horrible on the road?? Bree's not able to rub Vicks vapo rub on his kids chest at night?
    I honestly cannot figure out why they are so different on the road. It just seems like Drew doesn't have the same confidence level for some reason. I think Eagles -2.5 is pretty accurate

Bagman5
    Bagman5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I may make a big play on the Eagles -2.5. They are the better team.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

UNDER 55 is my play

Blaker88
    Blaker88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1561

No doubt in my mind that san fran -2 is the best bet of the bunch

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

I was hoping Saints would be -1 or -1.5 when it opened... so that I could hammer Phi. But if you are like the OP and guessed it would be Eagles +7.. you probably shouldn't be betting

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

It's funny how the propaganda gets rolling for NFL games. Everyone says how bad the Saints are on the road, but were they really THAT bad? No, they weren't. They had 3 bad road games. They were pretty bad against the Jets in NY, got creamed by Seattle (which happens to a lot of teams in Seattle), and were poor in St. Louis. However, they went into New England and had them beat until a late Brady rally in the last minute, they played well enough to win in Carolina to win and got beat in the last minute, and they did win in Chicago, Tampa Bay, and Atlanta albeit narrowly against lesser quality.

Now, what about Philadelphia? They won 7 out of their last 8, but besides Arizona, did they beat anyone that's any good? They beat Oakland, a Rogersless Green Bay with Scott Tolzien at the helm, Washington, Detroit in a blizzard, the defenseless Bears, and an Orton led Dallas team. In the middle of that, they managed to get killed by Minnesota. And let's be honest, the 3 best teams they played (Denver, KC, and San Diego) all beat them while going up and down the field on them.

In my opinion New Orleans is a much better team than Philly, and the Philly defense will get torched. I love McCoy, and the Philly O will have some drives against N.O I'm sure, but the Saints D is better than people think, and the thought of getting plus money with the Saints makes me smile. I'll be on the Saints and the Niners, and will be very surprised if I lose both. And give myself a 35%+ chance of winning both. But, it's playoff football, so who knows?