Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Indy will be less than a fg

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Indy will be less than a fg
    I'm quite positive they'll be at least 3, but we'll see.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    What are these going to be? My projection:

Indy 3.5 vs kc 44
    Cincy 7 vs sd 45
    san fran 4 vs GB 49
    n.orleans 1.5 vs PHA 56

What are your numbers?
    Can't see SF as a 4 point favorite. They were only 4 point faves in the opener at SF.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Can't see SF as a 4 point favorite. They were only 4 point faves in the opener at SF.
    Not trying to be mean, but if you think a line from week 1 actually has any meaning for a January game, perhaps you shouldn't be betting too much on sports. And just for the record, they were laying a solid 5 in that game, even 6 at a few places.

Atlanta was favored over New England in September too, Houston was a 4.5 favorite vs San Diego in week 1, do you think that would matter if those games were played tomorrow? Do you think you could get New England plus points vs Atlanta, or San Diego + 4.5 vs Houston if they played next week?

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Lines out on 5 Dimes
    Ind -3
    Bengals -7 1/2
    49ers/GB PK

No over unders yet

indio

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    Lines out on 5 Dimes
    Ind -3
    Bengals -7 1/2
    49ers/GB PK

No over unders yet
    Yeah, I saw those. That GB/SF line is as bad as some as their college bowl openers. Wont take them long to make SF a favorite.

meader99

Not trying to be mean, but if you think a line from week 1 actually has any meaning for a January game, perhaps you shouldn't be betting too much on sports. And just for the record, they were laying a solid 5 in that game, even 6 at a few places.

Atlanta was favored over New England in September too, Houston was a 4.5 favorite vs San Diego in week 1, do you think that would matter if those games were played tomorrow? Do you think you could get New England plus points vs Atlanta, or San Diego + 4.5 vs Houston if they played next week?
    Don't much care if you're trying to be mean or not....Looks like you were only 4 points off of your projection.

indio

Don't much care if you're trying to be mean or not....Looks like you were only 4 points off of your projection.
    I doubt it. San Fran will be at least a 3 point favorite (probably 3.5) by game time guaranteed, and might even be 3 by tomorrow. Theyve already become favorites, and 5 Dimes openers are not very strong.

indio

I doubt it. San Fran will be at least a 3 point favorite (probably 3.5) by game time guaranteed, and might even be 3 by tomorrow. Theyve already become favorites, and 5 Dimes openers are not very strong.
    San Fran is already a 2 point favorite at Pinny. That took all of 10 minutes LOL.

meader99

Funny. You tell me I shouldn't be betting, even though I was clearly right here. What I know is what HFA is worth and that teams like the Packers, Cowboys, Yankees, Duke and UNC basketball (to name a few) always have inflated lines. Seems you should bet the ranch since you are getting 4 points of value.

indio

Funny. You tell me I shouldn't be betting, even though I was clearly right here. What I know is what HFA is worth and that teams like the Packers, Cowboys, Yankees, Duke and UNC basketball (to name a few) always have inflated lines. Seems you should bet the ranch since you are getting 4 points of value.
    You were right? The line is already SF -2 and going up. Trust me , SF will be at least a 3 point favorite when this game goes off. All this did was to say that my openers were better than 5 dimes, which isn't unusual.

And your rationale is a lot different here than it was earlier. Here, its an inflated HFA for GB, earlier, it was because of the week 1 line, which is a stupid reason. At least an inflated HFA and Rogers factor makes sense, as opposed to a week 1 line.
    Last edited by indio; 12-29-13 at 09:59 PM.

meader99

You were right? The line is already SF -2 and going up. Trust me , SF will be at least a 3 point favorite when this game goes off. All this did was to say that my openers were better than 5 dimes, which isn't unusual.

And your rationale is a lot different here than it was earlier. Here, its an inflated HFA for GB, earlier, it was because of the week 1 line, which is a stupid reason. At least an inflated HFA and Rogers factor makes sense, as opposed to a week 1 line.
    The 1st game was in SF and opened at 4. This game is in GB and opened at 0. You thought it would be 4. So yeah, I was right.

indio

The 1st game was in SF and opened at 4. This game is in GB and opened at 0. You thought it would be 4. So yeah, I was right.
    No, I said the LINE would be 4, which it might be (more likely 3). 5 Dimes openers are meaningless (They opened Michigan as a favorite vs Kansas St.) Where did I say what it would open at? I said what the line would be, which often is different than an opener.

My post was what would the line be, not what a weak opener was, which by the way, lasted all of 5 minutes. San Fran is a 2.5 favorite at Pinny right now, and the line has been out less than an hour, and only taking small size wagers.

You're not too bright, are you son?
    Last edited by indio; 12-29-13 at 10:30 PM.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Indy -2.5 at 5 dimes. KC is winning this game. I'll be on it.