R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Well hell then I'm going with my 4 and give me Alex Smith. He's by know means a great starter but KC just does not have the weapons and that "offensive genius" Reid wouldn't know what to do if he had the weapons. Come to think bout it tho Seattle pretty much has the consummate gm manager starting for them now already. He's certainly no A-Rodg,Brady, Peyton, or Brees anyhow.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

The bears are the obvious answer. They are probably better with their backup.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Cowgirls don't have a defense or a smart enough hc, KC can't beat good teams in reg season and unless they are playing Jeff Tuel, Fitzpatrick etc that defense is not great. Look at the #'s vs Peyton, Rivers, Luck vs the rest of the field they have faced it's night and day all padded stats. Gonna add Zona to my list and possibly a dark horse in Philly. So Seattle, Frisco, Zona, Philly in that order for me. In order to pull this off you have to get some offense at least with a good/great rb and a couple playmakers ,bring a defense that's gonna pack a lunch and smack the other team around for 60 min,control line scrimmage on both sides and probably even throw in a big play on special teams. Mentioned the Hos already but Brady won his first as a reliever as well! Anyone think of another?
    Good point about KC, their D has wilted against decent QBs. Maybe my original point about NE's D still has weight?

Brady won his first after starting most of the season. Bledsoe was the "reliever" in the AFCC.

If we go back to the 2000 Ravens, Dilfer didn't start until mid season after Tony Banks went down.

But we have to go back to 1990 to see Hos take over for Simms week 15 and take them the rest of the way.

Before that, go back to 1987 Redskins and Doug Williams taking over for Schroeder week 17 and going all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Next ? Lol... Are we talking the backup on current rosters? Or are we just being hypothetical here and wondering which team could pull it off with a "decent" Dilfer esque type guy if their #1 went down? To be honest I don't even know who holds the clipboard on most these squads haha.

Yeah, it's a very academic exercise. I guess it's a hot topic because Romo and Rodgers went down, who's next?

Someone mentioned Foles, but he's kinda like Dilfer who started over half the year, that's not really a true backup.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

does reemer ever win?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Flynns not done bad,that Defense hasnt done him alot of favours.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

If Manning went down,Denver would be completley helpless.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    The Seahawks and 49ers both could absolutely 100% win it all without their qb's.
    they both suck and if either were to get hurt, you may even catch an upgrade out of the injury.

Russell Wilson- currently THE most overrated Qb in the NFL now that all the jerkoffs have realized how garbage ELI is and always was.
    i agree. Seattle are San Fran have the 2 most complete teams. Although Kaep and Wilson are good
    they are no where near the caliber of a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Cam Newton...

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Kansas City
    Chase Daniel is going to win a game as a starter ? Really ?

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Panthers by a landslide
    Interesting, Anderson is a QB that can compete and Newton is not that great.

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    The Seahawks and 49ers both could absolutely 100% win it all without their qb's.
    they both suck and if either were to get hurt, you may even catch an upgrade out of the injury.

Russell Wilson- currently THE most overrated Qb in the NFL now that all the jerkoffs have realized how garbage ELI is and always was.
    Tavaris Jackson is absolute GARBAGE !!!!

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    You could say Cowboys bc kyle orton is the best back up in the league.

hmm maybe Seattle or San Fran
    Orton is the best back up he might be better than Romo but Dallas can't win a playoff game with that Defense EVER with any QB.

EmpireMaker

Eagles could win with Vick but Foles is worlds better.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Tavaris Jackson is absolute GARBAGE !!!!
    He's a .500 backup, about the same as Orton and everyone else in this discussion.

slacker00

Eagles could win with Vick but Foles is worlds better.
    This has to be the winner. If Foles goes down in any game, Eagles fans gotta feel ok with Vick coming in off the bench.

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    bengals definitely, knowing dalton he will probably throw 3ints as they get a first round bounce for christmas
    I'm not a big Josh Johnson fan but he is better than some back ups

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    He's a .500 backup, about the same as Orton and everyone else in this discussion.
    guys not very good and is working with about an 80 IQ

EmpireMaker

you would be going from a great game manager to a really bad one

EmpireMaker

How about Colt McCoy with the 49ers, it could work

EmpireMaker

Seattle is a complete team but Jackson would fukk it up somehow

EmpireMaker

Car
    Philly
    SF
    NE
    Sea
    Cin
    I guess this is my order

slacker00

guys not very good and is working with about an 80 IQ
    You might be right about his IQ. Tarvaris Jackson's wonderlic score was 19, but Derek Anderson also scored 19.

EmpireMaker

You might be right about his IQ. Tarvaris Jackson's wonderlic score was 19, but Derek Anderson also scored 19.
    that surprises me

EmpireMaker

I see old Tavaris make a lot of bad decisions

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Far as Vick goes I disagree. No way I want to put that much trust into a low I.q. wildcard like Vick who is going to go off the script too much and probably give the other teams QB (who I'm gonna assume is a Rodgers, Brady, Manning since we are in a SB ) 3/4 extra possessions off bonehead turnovers. Just give me the safe smart guy who is gonna stick to the gameplan while not trying to do too much In this spot and let the cast around him mainly the defense dictate the pace and flow.

slacker00

that surprises me
    19 isn't a good score. A perfect score is 50, most NFL QBs are in the high 20's & 30's.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Marino got like 16 and he got the ball out faster than anyone, Jackson is a bad player though.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Marino got like 16 and he got the ball out faster than anyone, Jackson is a bad player though.
    Terry Bradshaw and Jim Kelly scored the same and are in the NFL HOF. Jeff George scored a 10, lol. QB IQ is overrated.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Bradshaw is a dope

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Bradshaw is a dope
    A dope with 4 rings.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Lol no doubt Bradshaw was dumb as a stump I believe someone said once he could not spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t hahahah. That was a little different era though and Terry was never asked to do too much there is no way he could lead in today's nfl and do the job of a Peyton or Brady. It's about leadership and accountability too and making your guys BELIEVE more than anything. Look at Rgme he is a prime example of a smart guy that just does not get it. Still though end of the day I want a guy under center that possesses leadership and has something working between the ears.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Then you have a guy like Tebow who inspires and a born leader pretty much opposite of Rgme. However he obviously lacks the skills required at the pro level and to me comes across dumb as a stump as well. He may be well versed in the bible but the way he stutters and mumbles thru interviews is sad. He certainly does not seem like a guy that is well spoken or well versed in other areas of life. I've heard some mention he should go into broadcasting....god help us all lol!

slacker00

Tebow scored 22 on the wonderlic, still way below the NFL average for active Super Bowl winning QBs: 30.7.

I like Tebow and wish he'd find a way back into the NFL. I see nothing wrong with expressing one's personal beliefs, ESPECIALLY since it seems so politically incorrect to do so. In some ways Jesus' message is anti-establishment and anti-authority, but instead finding authority in a personal savior which ultimately can only be witnessed personally. I'd like to see more Tim Tebow religious types in the NFL, hopefully with more intelligence, questioning the authority everywhere and perhaps even within the scripture itself. In a sport that's meant to distract us, I'd like to see more voices offering an alternative message to the consumerist tripe between timeouts.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i wonder how some of you are smart enough to remember how to breathe...

slacker00

Speaking of Terry Bradshaw and low bible IQ, that duck dynasty anti-gay dude was starting QB ahead of TB at LT.

First 12