C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Monte Kiffen is the worst coach in the NFL

The cover 2 is the shittiest scheme in the NFL. It is a base defense cookie cutter cover coverage that you shouldn't even be running in the modern NFL. Any starting NFL should be able to shred a cover 2 defense unless they have many pro bowl players. BUT if you had a defense full of pro bowl players why would you want to be running a boring, vanilla, base cover 2 defense? Tony Dungy is maybe the most overrated coach of all time, and Monte Kiffen is still living off that Tampa defense that was full of pro bowlers.

Look at the Dallas Cowboys, a cover 2 defense is the worst possible defense they can be running. Guys like Matt Flynn can torch them, 3rd string NFL QB's should be able to torch that defense. Rex Grossman is the Redskins 3rd string QB and there is no doubt in my mind if he started this week he would have 300+ yards and 3TD against that puke of a defense.

If I had a defense that was lacking talent, like the Cowboys, then I'd want a guy like Rob Ryan running my scheme, a guy that will guess and blitz and maybe make the other team F up. Running a cover 2 is like holding up a white flag. Jerry was stupid because the team would have won at least 2 more games if he kept Ryan around this year.

Further running this scheme is like trying to push a round peg in a square hole. Dallas spent all this money on drafting Claiborne and paying big money for Brandon Carr to come over from KC. You bring these guys in to play man to man and pressure the other team. Monte effin Kiffen has these guys standing around playing zone and completely wasting what they are supposed to be good at. Bellicheck changes between a 3-4 and a 4-3, he has offensive teams, ball control teams and he adapts to his talent. Monte Kiffen is running the dumbest scheme possible for the team he has.

Jerry Fckued up big time. Again. He needs to fire Monte Kiffen and nobody should hire that overrated corpse. He couldn't stop Chip Kelly in college and he can't stop anybody in the pros, not even 3rd stringers. He and his bone headed son need to find a new line of work. I would say that Monte Kiffen is a has been but he was never that good in the first place. Lane Kiffen is a never was.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm was not a huge Rob Ryan fan, but bringing in 73 year old Monte Kiffin?! Yet another Jerry Jones blunder.

C-Gold

Cowboys D is going to get torched by a backup QB today and maybe get knocked out of the playoffs. Don't give me this injuries crap, every team has injuries. You bring in 2 highly paid highly touted cover corners and ask them to sit in a box and defend a soft zone.

Kiffen and his son are pure dogshit. Must have nude photos of Jerry Jones sucking off his plastic surgen.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I'm actually a Bucs fan and he did an excellent job in Tampa. However, he should have retired when he got the chance. That final year in Tampa the Bucs were 9-3 and Kiffin announced he was leaving the Bucs. The defense absolutely collapsed the last 4 games, they lost 4 in a row, Gruden got fired because of it and Kiffin spiraled downward and his defenses have been nothing but horrible since. Amazing that he was considered at one time a genius and now he's a laughing stock. Like I said, he should have retired when he had the chance 5 years ago.

C-Gold

Glad that piece of shit got fired.