ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i certainly dont think that brady stepped onto the field and was "great" from the get go..i really dont....its still...people try to demean everything his teams have accomplished

121 with no timeout at his own 17....two dumpoffs under pressure and with nothing else open(he was looking downfield)...spikes the ball with 41 seconds left at his own 30...hits redmond under pressure for 10 more yards(he was looking downfield...it was what was open and he had to get rid of the ball)....if u want to complain about a potential grounding call...i could give you that...wasnt called...i dunno....still hit troy brown downfield after showing a nice ability to move around and step up in the pocket......im fully aware of how they built their lead in that one

listen...i certainly dont cloud things from 07 on.....i understand bradys role that whole year was to be a manager....and thats what he did...and thats why bledsoe never got his job back.....im a lifelong pats fan/season ticket holder....the move was coming soon without a bledsoe injury.....belichick hated bledsoes penchant for trying to make a big play and throwing the ball downfield with low percentage passes.....that was bledsoe......the pats werent winning anything with him......

even in bradys best superbowl game....it wasnt really in the plan for brady to throw the ball 48 times.....in the second half the pats lost two starting dbs to injury and delhomme was able to exploit that....bradys great defense gave up 3 fourth quarter tds.....when carolina took a lead...brady took them down the field on an 11 play 68 yard drive to take the lead......

even when kasay gave them the ball at the 40 in a tie game....brady came out firing...hit troy brown for 13....next play hits brown for 20...has it negated on a penalty....goes back to brown for 13 again....hits graham for 4...then branch for 17.....to set up a comfortable fg

even in 07 against the giants....keep in mind brady was not 100 percent...he was walking around in a boot leading up to that game...combined with the fact that the giants pass rush was a monster that day.......he still drove them down the field to take a lead....the defense then drops two ints(samuel and merriweather)....gives up a miracle play(where you could have called holding on two different giants o-lineman if we want to talk missed calls).....i actually thought our defense played one of their better games id seen them play in awhile that day...but they let us down when it counted.....

even in '12....we could debate whether or not welker should have caught that pass....doesnt matter....the defense was in great postion to put that game away.....and they failed miserably.......and in both games when he had the ball last he was in a no win situation.....

i dont disagree that he wasnt always "great"....he wasnt the "franchise" from day one....like the mannings and others.....it was a gradual process....but to say even in the time he wasnt that he didnt show flashes of greatness and brilliance.....is just demeaning him
    i agree with the Bledsoe statement. never really watched him play a lot though. sounds like Cutler

and the only thing you can take away from SB42 is that you don't win a super bowl when you score 14 points... point blank.

don't even know why you talked about the Panthers game, everyone agrees its probably Brady's best playoff performance.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    its just utterly assinine to listen to several people bring up drew bledsoe and to suggest that things would have been the same with that guy under center.....bledsoe was 18-28 for 159 yards and 2 ints before "the hit" against the jets....with a long of 58 yards....the guy loved taking shots down the field and low percentage throws....not to mention he had two cinder blocks for feet and couldnt avoid a pass rush to save his life....one of the remarkable differences between he and brady was bradys footwork and ability to move and create a new pocket....and a feel for a pass rush
    agree here

that is one of the best characteristics of Brady and P.Manning... they aren't fast and never were. but they've always had great footwork in the pocket... the ability to move slightly and keep the play alive for that split second longer while keeping their eyes down the field.

and then once in a while... this happens, and its not a fluke, its planned and it sealed a victory as well

Manning has done this before too... just can't do it every week... or even every year... but he always has it in his back pocket, waiting for the next perfect opportunity to use it

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Was this thread a troll?

It takes a team to win a SB...

Look at brees stats

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Saying Brady had a mediocre team is just as stupid. Belichick is an amazing coach
    Belichick is indeed an amazing coach, but for much of his career, Tom Brady has been throwing to dregs and castoffs at receiver. The one year where he had a legit deep threat, future HOFer to throw to, he rewrote the record book.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hvaball View Post
    Statistically, Wilson's QB rating career is just about 103. This is second best among active QB. Peyton is 3rd and Brady is 4th. I would say that (sans any ring/appearances), Wilson's play is already "on their level".
    Doing it for 2 years and doing it for 12 years are entirely different things. All it takes is one bad year and that career rating plummets.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    this might be the dumbest post on SBR

Sorry, but it's not that dumb. The New England Patriots were a piss poor team before Brady took over. Brady did not inherit a playoff caliber team. He didn't even inherit a .500 caliber team. They were 0-2 that season and 5-13 total under Belichick/Bledsoe prior to Brady's first start.

He took a 5-13 team and made them Super Bowl champions in his first year.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Sorry, but it's not that dumb. The New England Patriots were a piss poor team before Brady took over. Brady did not inherit a playoff caliber team. He didn't even inherit a .500 caliber team. They were 0-2 that season and 5-13 total under Belichick/Bledsoe prior to Brady's first start.

He took a 5-13 team and made them Super Bowl champions in his first year.
    with the tuck rule vs the Raiders? you can legit say the referee in that game who reversed that call is the one who "made them super bowl champs"

i forget he coaches the team, plays defense and made those clutch kicks as well

or was it his play in the AFC title game... oh, wait... that was Bledsoe

or was it his 145 passing yards 1 TD performance in the Super Bowl.... oh, wait... that game ended with a kick as well

and teams don't win or even make it to a Super Bowl EVER with "dregs and castoffs" playing offense unless its the defense, coaching and special teams that do the heavy lifting and that my friend, is the description of the 2001 Patriots plain and simple

just accept it, dregs and castoffs don't make plays on offense in the playoffs and make the clutch catch/clutch run/catch what is thrown to them... they fold, choke and drop the ball (oh, wait... that describes Wes Welker) or they run themselves out of the play...can't find the hole the o-line creates

but then again... would you call Wes Welker a "castoff"?

So who is better then.... Deion Branch (SB MVP) or Wes Welker (Super Bowl scapegoat for Tommy boy)

come on... who is the better overall athlete & WR out of those 2? answer it

Troy Brown > Wes Welker... may not have the "name recognition" but he made the plays when he had too... now didn't he?

just another dreg and castoff....

but when Brady had Welker and Moss and everyone else... what happened? they lost the Super Bowl... strange ehhh?
    Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 12-21-13 at 06:45 AM.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Ten best QB's in the NFL in no definite order
    Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Roethlisburger
    Eli Manning
    Tony Romo
    Philip Rivers
    Matt Ryan
    Andrew Luck

Sorry but within the next few years Russell Wilson will be exposed. He has a tremendous team around him and HE IS NOT ASKED TO DO MUCH. It is like the SF 49ers last year, what QB couldn't have success with that team and that coaching staff?

If you really really understand football, Russell Wilson this year reminds me a lot of RG3 last year. Fantastic stats but a ton of flaws to the untrained eye.

Bottom line is Russell Wilson is not a very good passer. He is NOT good in the pocket. He can not drop back, stand in the pocket, make a fast read and deliver a strike to the WR and that is the name of the game. He holds onto the ball too long and runs/rolls out way too much. He is a shorter less talented version of Tony Romo and 1/2 the population swears Romo is garbage.

Russell Wilson has a dominant team right now, but in our modern era of free agency that is sure to change, especially once he signs his next contact and the team won't be able to afford that defense. When Russell Wilson is asked to convert from a game manager that doesn't lose games, into a passing QB who wins games his efficiency will go way down, and the picks will go up, the sacks will go up, and his teams won't be 12-2 anymore.

Bottom line is he is a game manager on a fantastic team. To compare him to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning wins stupidest poster of the year. Last year idiots like you were saying RG3 was going to be a faster version of Aaron Rodgers, I mean look at all those TD and low INT totals? People like you don't even understand what you are watching.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post

Bottom line is Russell Wilson is not a very good passer. He is NOT good in the pocket. He can not drop back, stand in the pocket, make a fast read and deliver a strike to the WR and that is the name of the game. He holds onto the ball too long and runs/rolls out way too much...
    Ironically, this is what tons of people are saying about his counterpart Colin Kaepernick this year. Last year it was this guy is so talented we're excited about him. This year it's he's not a good quarterback, actually he sucks.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Big day for Russell Wilson.

11 of 27 for 108 FUKING YARDS.

And this is an NFL QB?

Cuse0323

Wilson wins the SB when I stop drinking and being a dumbass. NEVER

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post

And this is an NFL QB?
    Seattle had NOTHING to play for... gave as much effort as the Colts did when they got CURB-STOMPED by the RAMS

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle had NOTHING to play for... gave as much effort as the Colts did when they got CURB-STOMPED by the RAMS
    They're still trying to lock up home field advantage. And I think with their whole 12th-man thing, it was kind of important to them to stay invincible in the eyes of their fans and preserve their 14-game win streak (snapped). Not a whole lot, but there was a little for them to play for.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

jesus christ, everyone on this board is a moron that doesnt understand sports, or anything. thats why people loosing their asses gamblingon here

team/player wins a game everyone is on their balls the are the best woooo, soon as they make a loss everyones calling them overated and a fraud, next win they are on their balls screaming goat or vip

your brains dont defer from that of a goldfish, no memory whatsoever

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    jesus christ, everyone on this board is a moron that doesnt understand sports, or anything. thats why people loosing their asses gamblingon here

team/player wins a game everyone is on their balls the are the best woooo, soon as they make a loss everyones calling them overated and a fraud, next win they are on their balls screaming goat or vip

your brains dont defer from that of a goldfish, no memory whatsoever
    solid English. i like it

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Seattle Had Nothing To Play For Lmfao. They Haven't Even Clinched Division.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

How about winning their fuking division?

Is that enough motivation?

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    solid English. i like it

given the fact that english is a second language and only one of 4 i think im quite good at it

how many languages do you know?

BB_Mariners
    BB_Mariners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Don't forget that this loss might knock out 49rs from the playoff, and Seattle would love to see them out.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Site needs moderators in a big way.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

How about winning their fuking division?

Is that enough motivation?
    all they have to do is win 1 of 2 and they know beating Rams over Cards = easier rode and they don't want to show anything to Arizona in case Arizona ends up being a playoff squad

do more deep thinking

Seattle tried to win, they just played vanilla and hoped it would work and it wasn't enough... Arizona has legit playmakers on defense just like the rest of that division.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Mariners View Post
    Don't forget that this loss might knock out 49rs from the playoff, and Seattle would love to see them out.
    more deep thinking here

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

I did post this with a memory mistake... I recalled Seattle as having clinched the division, not just a playoff birth. My mistake. Didn't double check before posting. I care about the Colts, not the fukkn Seahawks.

BB_Mariners
    BB_Mariners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

more deep thinking here
    I know. Ha. Probably I am looking for an excuse for the loss yesterday.

GO HAWKS!!!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

all they have to do is win 1 of 2 and they know beating Rams over Cards = easier rode and they don't want to show anything to Arizona in case Arizona ends up being a playoff squad

do more deep thinking

Seattle tried to win, they just played vanilla and hoped it would work and it wasn't enough... Arizona has legit playmakers on defense just like the rest of that division.

You can't be serious, Zona sucks, Seattle is overrated.

San Fran is like -20000 to make playoffs

One more loss for Seattle and their season is over with.

Don't want to show anything to Zona........
    Its fucken Carson Palmer

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

You can't be serious, Zona sucks, Seattle is overrated.

San Fran is like -20000 to make playoffs

One more loss for Seattle and their season is over with.

Don't want to show anything to Zona........
    Its fucken Carson Palmer
    Arizona's defense looked pretty good the one or two games I watched this season... haha! You know them better, since they are in the Niners division

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Arizona one of the hottest teams too bad they won't make it to playoffs even if Seahawks were taking it easy they've been unbeatable at home for nearly 2 years also palmer had 4 picks with some in the red zone

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

And this is an NFL QB?
    He is Alex Smith only 6 inches shorter, with more of a tan and pubic hair for hair. Most overrated player in the NFL bar none.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

time for russell wilson to step up

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Yes he [ they ] will take it all [ Seattle ] !!

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Jerry get a hold of yourself pal

Jerry Indy might get Luck-y

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    He is Alex Smith only 6 inches shorter, with more of a tan and pubic hair for hair. Most overrated player in the NFL bar none.
    Over rated the guy will be a Hall of Famer sdome day brilliant mind and in his 2nd year progressing well i think

C gold you dont like my seahawks i understand.

But.....Russel Wilson and Andrew Luck by far the best QBs to come out of draft

cutter341975
    This year I'm screaming WHO DAT!!
    cutter341975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Wilson..is NOT...going to the Superbowl....the Seahawks lose this Saturday to the Saints...Drew Brees baby!!

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Ummmm...no

First 12345 Last