jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quinn fined for trying to make a tackle

(BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns quarterback Brady Quinn has been fined by the NFL for his chop block on Baltimore's Terrell Suggs.
    After throwing an interception in Monday night's 16-0 loss to the Ravens, Quinn dived at Suggs' knees while trying to bring down cornerback Chris Carr, who had picked him off. Suggs had to leave the game and could miss significant playing time.
    Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis accused Quinn of a cheap shot.
    Quinn said he received a letter from the league on Wednesday but would not disclose the size of his fine, saying only that it was "a good amount." Quinn insists he was not trying to hurt Suggs and has apologized to him and the Ravens.)
    In all fairness it looked like Quinn was going to try and make the tackle and Suggs was in the wrong place at the wrong time and RAY RAY talking about cheap shots

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hell if I was Quinn I would probably be pissed off and throw cheap shots too, he doesn't have anyone that can make a play and is QB the worst O in NFL history

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

I'm no fan of the Ravens, but I'm glad to see this fine. That was as cheap a shot as you'll ever see. First, the ball was already intercepted, so why Quinn went after a block on Suggs made no sense. Second, he's an idiot for going after a d-lineman who can flatten him anytime.

jerseykingpin

Quinn side of it

After the game, Quinn said he was sorry.
    "I was trying to go for the ball carrier," he said. "Suggs came across at the last second in my vision. I would never wish that upon anyone. I was upset about it on the field. We worked out in Arizona together. I couldn't be any more sorry about that. That was never the intent. I'm sorry to Terrell and the rest of their team."

jerseykingpin

-Cleveland Browns quarterback Brady Quinn has been fined by the NFL for his chop block on Baltimore's Terrell Suggs.
    After throwing an interception in Monday night's 16-0 loss to the Ravens, Quinn dived at Suggs' knees while trying to bring down cornerback Chris Carr, who had picked him off. Suggs had to leave the game and could miss significant playing time.
    Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis accused Quinn of a cheap shot.
    Quinn said he received a letter from the league on Wednesday but would not disclose the size of his fine, saying only that it was ``a good amount.'' Quinn insists he was not trying to hurt Suggs and has apologized to him and the Ravens.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quinn should be fined for trying to play football...the guy is terrible!