No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Saints TT under 24.5 (+100)

I know this is typically a horrific bet to make in the Dome, but I think Carolina's front seven -- one of the best in football -- gets the job done tonight and keeps the game close. I don't see the Saints scoring more than 24 here. We'll see.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Normally Id say this a good bet between divisional opponents but after that debacle that was the Seattle game Id say this bet could be a loss- I think the Saints will score 27+. It was 2010 the last time NO was held under 25 in this matchup at home. Carolinas pash rusher Johnson would have to have a big influence.

I have no bet on this, but I think I will be on the Saints tonight.

But GL.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brees just doesn't get sacked that often. He took 10 sacks in the first three weeks and then only 14 spread over the last 9 games. Even a good pass rush typically has trouble bringing him down, and his pocket awareness is excellent. So I think it's pretty likely that he'll have time to work in the pocket and Graham/Colston/Stills are going to be able to beat the coverage downfield, plus Sproles/Ingram are so good in those checkdown passes

Carolina could really beat the Saints down here if they can get pressure in the pocket, but I just don't see them being effective in maintaining pressure over the course of the game.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

No way I can ever take Brees in the dome under that number. Carolina has a great front 7, but I don't think we will see the Saints running much. If I had to guess, Saints spread it out and try to attack Carolina's secondary.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Brees just doesn't get sacked that often. He took 10 sacks in the first three weeks and then only 14 spread over the last 9 games. Even a good pass rush typically has trouble bringing him down, and his pocket awareness is excellent. So I think it's pretty likely that he'll have time to work in the pocket and Graham/Colston/Stills are going to be able to beat the coverage downfield, plus Sproles/Ingram are so good in those checkdown passes

Carolina could really beat the Saints down here if they can get pressure in the pocket, but I just don't see them being effective in maintaining pressure over the course of the game.
    What SK said.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    No way I can ever take Brees in the dome under that number. Carolina has a great front 7, but I don't think we will see the Saints running much. If I had to guess, Saints spread it out and try to attack Carolina's secondary.
    i think it will look quite a bit like the pats gm in that respect..panthers secondary def the weak link but they not horrible and will keep everything in front of them..will come down to the red zone where they are far and away the best in the league only allowing teams to punch in 30% of their chances, saints pretty avg in the red zone themselves..

i like panthers ml and team total over 21.5 better than saints under tho..

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Inn my indecision, I've only played the O23.5 for the first half. Expecting both sides to contribute early.

Celtics08
    Celtics08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3444

Speedy88

Yeah, not the time to try to be sharp.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Yeah, not the time to try to be sharp.
    Not what I was trying to do here Speedy -- just thought that Carolina's front seven would disrupt Brees enough to get the job done. Guess not. BTW, does the New Orleans TT under ever cash in the Dome? Ever?

I still don't get how Brees does it at his size. Amazing.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Not what I was trying to do here Speedy -- just thought that Carolina's front seven would disrupt Brees enough to get the job done. Guess not. BTW, does the New Orleans TT under ever cash in the Dome? Ever?

u will hit this next week... U will get over/under 24 tho....

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

If you bet Saints spread, Saints TT Over, and nearly every Brees prop in the dome for the entire season, you'd be up a good chunk. Just looking at their home schedule right now, they are 5-1 ATS and 4-2 on TT Overs. Brees is just insanely good.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

saints at home minus a million or whatever the spread is in primetime night games, that's it period stop trying think and start taking money when people give it to you.